Windows 10: Help. Mistakes were made.

Discus and support Help. Mistakes were made. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (Sorry for bad formatting, I'm on mobile) My mother has two old laptops that were still running on Windows 8 and 8.1 Recently the computer she... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Muted-Ambassador-927, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Help. Mistakes were made.

(Sorry for bad formatting, I'm on mobile)

My mother has two old laptops that were still running on Windows 8 and 8.1 Recently the computer she regularly uses for photo editing has been breaking down, so in a worst-case-scenario, sadly, she had to resort to using one of these old laptops. Here's the thing, you can no longer download Lightroom Classic or Creative Cloud on old versions of Windows (Basically, you can only run it on W10 now)... For whatever reason she never updated it to Windows 10 when it was still free (?) but somehow her activation key still worked and a friend told her how to update both computers.

Computer A (slightly older) was surprisingly a little faster and managed to finish the update the same day, and everything worked out fine. Sure, it was slow but it got the job done.

Today, we finish updating Computer B and when I boot it up for the first time, I get a bunch of notifications saying that nearly all the "programs" the computer needs to run were incompatible with this version of windows and deleted themselves automatically.

This didn't happen with Computer A. We now no longer have access to internet, bluetooth, etc etc on Computer B.

I don't even know how many programs we're missing now.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I know my way around computers a bit, but this feels way out of my league. (Files on this computer were already lost, so completely reformatting this Computer isn't a problem. I just don't know how to fix it.)

Resume: Updated and old laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and lost all programs that make the laptop function properly. Someone, please, help

Extra: We have a good laptop now so we got the work done everything is fine regarding my mother's job. Sadly though, we still need to fix Laptop B and I'm not sure how to.

submitted by /u/Muted-Ambassador-927
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Muted-Ambassador-927, Jan 22, 2021

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 22, 2021
  4. jmcslob Win User

Help. Mistakes were made.

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Help. Mistakes were made. :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Help. Mistakes were made.

1. Help. Mistakes were made. - Similar Threads - Help Mistakes were

2. i made a big mistake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i made a big mistake: So, i installed windows 8 and thanks to windows 8 I am now stuck on the ethernet thing, and I don't think that windows 8 supports wireless when I click on connection it keeps on saying that no internet detected even though i have a Wi-Fi router in my mom's room Microsoft,...
  3. Made a mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Made a mistake: Dear Microsoft Support, I accidentally purchased an item in my app;" It is for Adobe that I was charged $ 107.99 today. I have not used it at all today. I am hoping to be able to ask for a refund. I did not know I had done so until I saw it pending at my Bank. When I saw it I...
  4. Made a mistake

Made a mistake: Dear Microsoft Support, I accidentally purchased an item in my app;" It is for Adobe that I was charged $ 107.99 today. I have not used it at all today. I am hoping to be able to ask for a refund. I did not know I had done so until I saw it pending at my Bank. When I saw it I...
  5. I made a real mistake

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I made a real mistake: My computer is a, Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 I made a real mistake I decided to try windows 11 I wanted to do a dual boot but when I got done. I realized I screwed up and I went to windows 11 I don't really like it. With Windows 10 when you right click: copy paste new...
  6. Mistakes were Made, Service Screwed, Need Help, Bluetooth Handsfree not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mistakes were Made, Service Screwed, Need Help, Bluetooth Handsfree not working: My office upgraded my laptop with an SSD and a clean install of Windows 10 which I immediately updated to the 20H2 update (I was using this earlier on the HDD with no issues). I noticed after a few days that my Bluetooth was cutting out after pausing content on my...
  7. Help - made a mistake and can't fix...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help - made a mistake and can't fix...: I just bought a Synology NAS and connected it to my home network. I am using it as the central storage for all files. I wanted the Desktop on my CPU to be a location on that NAS (in other words, instead of things I save on my Desktop residing on my c drive (or OneDrive), the...
  8. no changes were made

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no changes were made: when I try to reboot my pc it says no changes were made. I would like to reboot it bc I have a couple of viruses becuz of pirated apps. plz someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-changes-were-made/1c7f0f88-4a77-4463-98d1-8098af951f46
  9. I made a mistake and i kinda need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I made a mistake and i kinda need help: Hiya, I just bought a windows 10 pro key and happily went off to reedem it, but, sadly i reedemed it in the wrong place(i was signed in to the wrong account on windows). And im clueless on what to do. Do i have to buy another code or can i somehow retrieve this one? Any help...
  10. Made a Mistake with Python

Made a Mistake with Python: I had to install Python some time ago. I think it so I could use VeraCrypt. I do not remember which version of Python I installed or if it showed up in the app list in Settings. Yesterday, I decided to install DeDRM removal tools. One of them required Phyton and I...