Windows 10: Help mkv movie files on external HDDs are steadily becoming corrupted

Discus and support Help mkv movie files on external HDDs are steadily becoming corrupted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having issues with Video files that previously played perfectly fine, in fact for one of the videos I know for sure it was okay earlier today as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by A.Keltie, Dec 15, 2018.

1. A.Keltie Win User

Help mkv movie files on external HDDs are steadily becoming corrupted

I am having issues with Video files that previously played perfectly fine, in fact for one of the videos I know for sure it was okay earlier today as watched on my server but now it is corrupt/I am getting the following message.

Missing codec

This item was encoded in a format that's not supported.

0xc00d5212

There are other files also on the drive that are the same codec and are working.

I am unplugging my drives as I have so far lost 50% of my movies,

MS are you aware of any issues in Disk Compression or Large files in the last update?

Anti Virus is up to date and running

:)

A.Keltie, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Wile E Win User

Software to convert .mkv movie to .avi

You're trying to convert to DVD, Cash? convertxtodvd will do mkv files, but you have to remove the subs from the mkv with mkvtoolnix and mkv wizard (wizard is just a GUI for toolnix), then you can just manually add the subs in convertxtodvd. Convertxtodvd also joins the movies together by default, just like a chapter break. I have a few tips and tricks, as I convert a good bit of Anime to DVD and such. PM me if you need help.

Oh, and I suggest sticking with the CCCP. It's much less likely to have conflicts than the Vista Codec Pack.

Wile E, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Problem with mkv Files

Hi,

Experiencing issues in playing mkv files after an update may have something to do with the video card driver. If you have another mkv player app or program, we suggest that you try playing those files using another app or program to help us sort out this
    issue.

If in case the issue persists, we suggest running video troubleshooter. Just click
    Find and fix problems playing movies, television, or video on this
    link.

You may also try rolling back the video card driver. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    • Locate and right-click your display adapter, then select Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab and click the Roll Back Driver option.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Help mkv movie files on external HDDs are steadily becoming corrupted

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Help mkv movie files on external HDDs are steadily becoming corrupted

1. Help mkv movie files on external HDDs are steadily becoming corrupted - Similar Threads - Help mkv movie

2. Increasing performance of External HDDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increasing performance of External HDDs: I have a lot of external HDD. mostly for backups, data transfer. Noticed after getting a new Easystore drive, it had issues reconginizing on windows 10, with the 4 port hub USB2. Until I plugged it into a front PC port, USB3. Then I received a refurbished Non-powered WD...
  3. Movies and TV and the MKV nightmare

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV and the MKV nightmare: Since the release of windows 10 in 2015, there was an app called "Movies and TV" that can play different video extensions except MKV. Now for 5 years Microsoft didn't fix this issue and I really don't know why, I was sure that any company will be happy to attract as much...
  4. External HDDs getting hot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    External HDDs getting hot.: Recently I re arranged my external HDDs. and for some reason they show up on Hard Disc Sentinal as running around 52c. I can explain what all the HDDs are for , but currently I have 7 external and 5 internal, 4 USB hubs. To narrow problem down I will mention the problem I...
  5. SQLMIN.DLL file has become corrupted

SQLMIN.DLL file has become corrupted: I don't know how, but the SqlMin.DLL file located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\LocalDB\Binn has been truncated to a zero-byte file. One of my programs will no longer run because it needs to access the database. Any idea where I can get that file? I'm...
  6. Add into English subtitle to an MKV movie

Add into English subtitle to an MKV movie: Hi i want to add an English subtitle to an MKV movie. Tried MKV toolnix & Handbrake.....from my research it says that they do not re encode, so only takes. Avery short time, but it took an hour or more. am I doing something wrong, or is there an easier way without ever...
  7. External HDDs unmounting itself !

External HDDs unmounting itself !: I have windows 10 home and a laptop DELL 7720 My problem : External HDDs unmount itself after new booting in a short time ! 10 minutes ok the funtion and then they are vanishing and you can't back them with an unplug /plug action...
  8. movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?: movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app-cant-play-sound-in-mkv-files/021849a8-e4e1-4a71-91d2-d47b43b98998
  9. mkv files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mkv files: was backing up a bluray disc to mkv using handbrake. some files i could play and others I could not, why? Played back on windows media player. any help would be graciously appreciated...
  10. File History with 2 external HDDs

in Windows 10 Support
    File History with 2 external HDDs: I currently do File History with 1 external HDD as everyone else does. I have a spare external HDD that is just gathering dust. I wonder if I could do File History with 2 external HDDs? Will I run into trouble if I did? The idea is that I could do File History with the 2...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc00d5212