Windows 10: Help: Modded vbios for Gigabyte GTX1660 super

Discus and support Help: Modded vbios for Gigabyte GTX1660 super in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello i just joined, i need help look for modded vbios for my gigabyte GXT1660 super twin fans 6gb. The reason is that i want the gpu/vram clock to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by teots, Jan 18, 2023.

1. teots Win User

Help: Modded vbios for Gigabyte GTX1660 super

Hello i just joined, i need help look for modded vbios for my gigabyte GXT1660 super twin fans 6gb. The reason is that i want the gpu/vram clock
    to run at base speed and cooling fans start spinning from 35% at startup. I don't want to rely on loading tweak program.

teots, Jan 18, 2023
  2. rake Win User

Gigabyte 6850 OC vbios flash to 6870

I have a pair of Gigabyte 6850's that I flashed with 6870 vBIOS for the minuscule voltage boost. They run stable at 925MHz (can maybe get up to 940MHz if ambient temps are low enough).

I'll post more details later if you're still interested. Basically the steps I followed were:
    • Download a Gigabyte 6870 vBIOS from the TPU database.
    • Edit the downloaded vBIOS with RBE to set the model back down to 6850 (avoid potential driver issues)
    • Flash with DOS bootable USB stick
    Is it worth the hassle? Prolly not

3. TraceyW Win User
    GTX1660Ti or GTX1660 SUPER

Hi

I am in the process of sorting out a suitable upgrade for my husband who likes playing the Trainz simulator program (currently he is on the latest version). So far I've sorted out what CPU to get as well as the mobo and memory. However, the graphic card although meeting the recommended (as opposed to the minimum) system requirement, I would like to upgrade it to an even better one. Suffice to say we are NOT in a position to upgrade to one of the Nvidia 20 series cards.

Currently he has a GTX1050Ti and I'm thinking its a toss up between the GTX1660 SUPER and the GTX1660Ti. I've been searching the web for info on the GTX1660 SUPER and have read some very good reports about it. But - is it worth the extra £40 to £50 to get a GTX1660Ti as I get the feeling the Ti isn't a great deal better than the SUPER.

I'd appreciate any comments on the relative benefits of both cards as well as the disadvantages. I should also add that he has no interest in overclocking so whatever system I build for him will be run at its default status.

Tracey

TraceyW, Jan 18, 2023
  4. Faith Win User

GTX1660Ti or GTX1660 SUPER

Neither the 1660 Ti nor the 1660 Super are RTX-capable, you have to be on an RTX (not GTX) graphics card to have support for it. RTX is Nvidia's rendering platform for real time ray tracing. Microsoft's is called DXR. It means that it supports hardware accelerated ray tracing in compatible games through RT cores. Ray tracing is a completely new way of rendering light, as opposed to rasterization. It's a bit complicated to explain how it actually works, I'm not that good explaining either *Redface, - but basically it can trace light through pixels on an object or environment instead of it being created with a mesh of polygons like before. The light that's being traced from a source are literally there in the world, like the CGI in a Pixar movie. It's very performance-heavy to enable because of all the information it can work with in real-time depending on the game and what technique it's using. That's why it needs extra cores to run properly. More cores and faster Gigarays/s means better performance when enabling ray tracing.

This is the list of compatible games for it right now:
    • Minecraft
    • Battlefield V
    • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
    • Control
    • Deliver Us The Moon
    • Mechwarrior V: Mercenaries
    • Metro Exodus
    • Quake II RTX
    • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    • Stay in the Light
    • Wolfenstein: Youngblood
    • Amid Evil
    • Bright Memory

I think Minecraft is a good example of how it can look: *Smile

Faith, Jan 18, 2023
Thema:

1. Help: Modded vbios for Gigabyte GTX1660 super - Similar Threads - Help Modded vbios

2. 2070 super help much appreciated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2070 super help much appreciated: Hey everyone. So I just got a new 2070 super founders edition for an amazing price so couldn't pass it up as I was coming off using a GTX 1660 super. Also I'm running i5 9400f. My question is what would be the best controller panel settings for my games to be running high to...
  3. subnautica mods

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    subnautica mods: I don`t know how to install mods for subnautica because when I try to put the mods in the subnautica folder it doesn`t work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subnautica-mods/ae9ed580-8ac0-4232-bbe6-7a4925c6e5c9
  4. modding

in Windows 10 Customization
    modding: how do i paste mods into the innersloth file for among us on the windows store edition since it wont let me how do i make myself owner or give me permission to paste so i can use mods on among us game pass edition...
  5. GTX1660Ti or GTX1660 SUPER

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GTX1660Ti or GTX1660 SUPER: Hi I am in the process of sorting out a suitable upgrade for my husband who likes playing the Trainz simulator program (currently he is on the latest version). So far I've sorted out what CPU to get as well as the mobo and memory. However, the graphic card although meeting...
  6. HELP, SUPER URGENT!

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP, SUPER URGENT!: Hi, I need help. I just got new HyperX headphones today and I plugged them in with the Y splitter into my custom built windows PC. I plugged the headset jack to the headset hole and the mic jack into the mic hole, the headset works fine and I can hear audio perfectly but...
  7. HELP! super urgent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP! super urgent: deleted my users folder and now windows won't boot. Written windows could not complete the installation What should I do??? 143097
  8. Help about Gigabyte Services

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help about Gigabyte Services: Please try this: Intel Chipset Device Software Version 10.1.17541.8066 WHQL. HTH, --Ed--
  9. Flashing VBIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flashing VBIOS: When flashing my NVIDIA GTX 970M VBIOS with fvbios, it tells me to disable the Nvidia Display Adapter in the device manager. I disable it, but then it doesn't detect it when running fvbios. I enabled it and opened the 3d animation in the nvidia control panel, and it detects...
  10. help with gigabyte oc guru 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help with gigabyte oc guru 2: hello can anyone help me im trying to delete gigabyte oc guru 2 tried alot of uninstall apps and still not got rid of it ,also in folder theres no uninstall exe please help me 101402