Windows 10: HELP - Monitor has thin black edges

Discus and support HELP - Monitor has thin black edges in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I need help. My monitor suddenly added these thin black edges to my entire screen. They are a few millimeters in width, and I'd say uniform on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FullOnRage, Apr 5, 2020.

1. HELP - Monitor has thin black edges

Hello, I need help. My monitor suddenly added these thin black edges to my entire screen. They are a few millimeters in width, and I'd say uniform on all four sides. I've tried changing the resolution around in both Windows settings and NVIDIA control panel and I've tried scaling and resizing options in NVIDIA control panel. Tried restarting, and disconnecting/reconnecting. Nothing works. Its like the monitor thinks the screen ends there, and it definitely displayed all the way to the bezels before this problem.

See what I'm describing:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_I5yIcH-LYoAj4yO8K-vrqOpO50K1qlq/view?usp=sharing

I want to return to the display going all the way to the edges/bezels. Any insight, anyone?

Below are my specs:

Windows 10 Home activated & legit

IntelR CoreTM i5-8600K

GeForce GTX 1070

Monitor is an ASUS VG278Q 27" Full HD 1080p 144Hz Gaming Monitor with FreeSync/Adaptive Sync

Monitor is connected to GPU with a display port cable

:)

FullOnRage, Apr 5, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Desktop with dual monitors one black

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the you have tried to resolve the issue and tried many steps. I really appreciate your efforts in resolving this issue. As you have mentioned that switching the cables make both the monitor
    work so I believe its not the driver issue. I would suggest you to try connecting another cable and check if the issue persists.

Below is the Microsoft help article on How to connect a second monitor/ Multi monitors.

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

If you are facing black screen issue on the second monitor I suggest you to refer to the below thread and follow the steps given:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Donna Men Win User

HELP - Monitor has thin black edges

Mouse cursor sticks on edge between monitors

For final troubleshooting, we suggest that you perform a clean boot for Windows 10 by following the steps on this link.
    Make sure to make necessary backups before doing this step. If the issue persists after the clean boot, we encourage you to submit your concern on our Feedback Hub, so our designated team can investigate this issue further.

Here's how:

• Search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.

• Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.

• Select the Problem button, share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory (i.e., Microsoft
      Edge and IE, and Browser crashes or stops working).

• Important: reproduce the problem(s) in Edge after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near
      the end of the form. This creates a log file which is key for our engineers to fully investigate. Stop monitoring once you’re done.

• Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, Submit. You can copy the link using the Copy link button
      near the top of the item and share it.

If there's anything else, feel free to let us know.

Donna Men, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

HELP - Monitor has thin black edges

1. HELP - Monitor has thin black edges - Similar Threads - HELP Monitor has

2. The windows edges look 2D with thin line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The windows edges look 2D with thin line: HiI dont know why my windows 11 edges look 2D with thin line although I selected best appearance what would be the problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-edges-look-2d-with-thin-line/4c05b98b-346b-4039-af20-d22386d4f67d
  3. The windows edges look 2D with thin line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The windows edges look 2D with thin line: HiI dont know why my windows 11 edges look 2D with thin line although I selected best appearance what would be the problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-edges-look-2d-with-thin-line/4c05b98b-346b-4039-af20-d22386d4f67d
  4. Thin black dotted line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thin black dotted line: Hello, recently I got a thin vertical black dotted line going from the top to the middle of the screen. Does anybody know how can I fix this???The screen is not scratched, I checked...
  5. Thin black dotted line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thin black dotted line: Hello, recently I got a thin vertical black dotted line going from the top to the middle of the screen. Does anybody know how can I fix this???The screen is not scratched, I checked...
  6. Thin black dotted line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My display has a thin 5mm black bars on four sides of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My display has a thin 5mm black bars on four sides of the screen: My display has a thin 5mm black bars on four sides of the screen. I installed a program named spacedesk and as soon as i installed it i got the black bars. How do I fix this. I have uninstalled the program now and I still have the problem....
  8. facebook font on edge is so thin and weird please help me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    facebook font on edge is so thin and weird please help me: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sillyboycobo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/is16ms/facebook_font_on_edge_is_so_thin_and_weird_please/
  9. HELP.......Black screen but monitor is on

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP.......Black screen but monitor is on: Hello all! It's my first post. A friend told me this is a great forum with great people who are very helpful. I appreciate you in advance! Have a 3 monitor setup up but monitor 1 is black when I came into the office a month ago. This has never happened in 5 years since I...
  10. boarderless/thin bezel monitor??

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    boarderless/thin bezel monitor??: Hey guys, Has anyone seen a 4k monitor anywhere between maybe 22inch to a 28inch that has an extremely thin bezel? Like a boarderless design? I’m going to run a dual or triple monitor setup and butting them together I need the least gap in the viewing area as possible. Thanks