Windows 10: Help: Monitor stays on (but is black) while using "turn screen off after __ minutes"

Discus and support Help: Monitor stays on (but is black) while using "turn screen off after __ minutes" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an acer 24" monitor connected to my pc via hdmi through my motherboard (ASrock b450) using a ryzen 2200g cpu on its integrated graphics. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lunkerlander, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Help: Monitor stays on (but is black) while using "turn screen off after __ minutes"

I have an acer 24" monitor connected to my pc via hdmi through my motherboard (ASrock b450) using a ryzen 2200g cpu on its integrated graphics.

I have the power and sleep settings set to "balanced" with "turn screen off after 10 minutes" and "PC goes to sleep after 20 minutes".

The problem is that after 10 minutes, the monitor screen will turn black (but is still on and backlit by the LED). After 20 minutes, when the PC actually goes to sleep, then the monitor will also turn off.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue that could help me fix it? It's not a big deal, but I'd like to have the monitor turn off instead of stay on. Thanks!

submitted by /u/lunkerlander
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lunkerlander, Jan 12, 2020
  2. koolking Win User

Monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes

I did exactly as you said--EXACTLY!!! I uninstalled the driver as you said to. I deleted the driver for "this device"--exactly as you said to...!!!

My monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes now as I write this (from my laptop).

I even tried to boot off the DVD I made from the Win 10 ISO file but it wouldn't boot off of it.

What do l do now????????!!!!!!!!!

RS

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums.

I would appreciate, if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

What is the make and model of your system?

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Graphic card drivers and check.

Uninstall and re-install the Graphic card device driver

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Go to Display adaptor and expand it and you would see the Graphics Card device, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”.

d) On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

e) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, go to the Device Manager again by following the steps mentioned above and then click on the “Scan for hardware changes” button. Check if Windows detects the Graphics Card device and installs an appropriate driver automatically.

If it doesn’t install the driver, I would suggest you to go to the manufacture website and install the latest graphic card drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Changing the title

Old title – Message for Ashish Sondhi

New title- Monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes

koolking, Jan 12, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Help: Monitor stays on (but is black) while using "turn screen off after __ minutes"

Monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Sorry for the delay in response. To assist you further with this issue, please let us know the following details

• When do you get this black screen?
    • Do you receive any error message ?
    Please refer to the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa for
    “Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10
    “in the link below.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Help: Monitor stays on (but is black) while using "turn screen off after __ minutes"

1. Help: Monitor stays on (but is black) while using "turn screen off after __ minutes" - Similar Threads - Help Monitor stays

2. Screen turns black after 10 ~ 15 minute of using

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen turns black after 10 ~ 15 minute of using: It happened yesterday, I turned my PC on, used it for 10 ~ 15 min, and it started to freeze. I thought it was my GPU so I removed it and continued to start my PC again. Without GPU, my screen not freeze but completely black. At this time I cant restart, everything black but...
  3. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  4. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  5. Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.: Hello. Ever since I installed the May 2020 update, my screen will not turn off after 15 minutes like I set it to. This is a fresh installation of the OS, I even tried using "sfc /scannow" but no corrupted files were found. I'm not sure if this is an issue everyone is...
  6. Monitors sometimes stay black when turned off and on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitors sometimes stay black when turned off and on: I keep my PC on 24/7, and at night I turn my monitors off by pressing the button on the bottom of their frame. I have two monitors, which have a 59 hz and 60 hz refresh rate, and different resolutions. I have had these monitors for over a year or two, and no problem, but...
  7. monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes)

in Windows 10 Support
    monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes): I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after (about) 10 minutes, and can't figure out why it is doing it. When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control. The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up. Monitor turns...
  8. Black screen after turning monitor off and on

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after turning monitor off and on: Hello all I have a desktop PC, running windows 10 video card NVIDIA GTX 750Ti driver 364.72 (newest) Dual Monitor : BENQ connected with Digital Port HP connected with DVI Problem: if I switch the BENQ monitor off, when I turn it on again it displays a...
  9. monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes)

monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes): I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after (about) 10 minutes, and can't figure out why it is doing it. When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control. The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up. Monitor turns...
  10. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...