Windows 10: HELP. Mouse seems stuck in horizontal scroll

Discus and support HELP. Mouse seems stuck in horizontal scroll in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For (seemingly) no reason I can't scroll up and down in Chromium browsers anymore. I keep seeing this icon (only in the affected browsers):... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AS_256, May 21, 2019.

1. AS_256 Win User

HELP. Mouse seems stuck in horizontal scroll

For (seemingly) no reason I can't scroll up and down in Chromium browsers anymore. I keep seeing this icon (only in the affected browsers): https://imgur.com/a/gne1wmk Pressing shift makes the icon disappear but I still can't scroll. The browsers in question are Opera, Vivaldi and SRWare Iron so I assume it has something to do with Chromium. However, scrolling in drop down menus (like when selecting the question Category) works just as it should. Every other browser or program I've tried still scrolls just fine.

It's actually the second time this has happened, the first was only 4 days ago and the only way I could get rid of it was by reinstalling Windows. I finally have everything mostly back to how it was so I DO NOT want to do that again. I didn't do anything strange or press any weird buttons on my mouse. I was just browsing on Google and from one moment to the next I noticed that I couldn't scroll anymore. What could possibly cause this and how do I get it back to normal? Things I've tried:

- another mouse (same model as the current one, Sharkoon Fireglider), no difference

- removed the mouse driver and let it install again, no difference

- reinstalled the affected browsers, no difference

- tried the software to set my extra mouse buttons, couldn't find anything related to this

- no Google hits seem to describe the same problem, hence my asking it here

Please, I am at my wits end. Scrolling is rather essential and not being able to use it is god awful annoying.

:)

AS_256, May 21, 2019

2. Horizontal scrolling in Windows 10 doesn't work

Hi,

We would like to further clarify your concern since you mentioned that you are also experiencing the same issue that you cannot use the function of horizontal scrolling. We need additional details to assist you with your concern in using the horizontal scrolling
    with your mouse in Windows 10. Kindly provide the answers to the questions below:

• Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting steps provided in the thread?
    • If you have already completed any troubleshooting steps, we would like to confirm what were the results?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed in your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, May 21, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    Horizontal Scroll Jump

Just remembered something to ask: Are you perhaps using a mouse that supports the horizontal scroll feature of the wheel where one can press the wheel left or right to make it do that scrolling?

Berton, May 21, 2019
  4. HELP. Mouse seems stuck in horizontal scroll

Horizontal Scroll Jump

Open a Windows 10 file explorer folder containing enough folders/files that, in List Mode, would cause it to display a horizontal scroll bar. Click on any file/folder residing in any column to the right of the left-most column. Instead of the file or folder opening, the click action produces a right horizontal scroll that takes said column one column position to the left.

This annoying behavior is several years old. I was hoping someone finally came up with a solution.

kitpzyxmsir, May 21, 2019
Thema:

HELP. Mouse seems stuck in horizontal scroll

1. HELP. Mouse seems stuck in horizontal scroll - Similar Threads - HELP Mouse seems

2. Make mouse scroll horizontally instead of vertically in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Make mouse scroll horizontally instead of vertically in Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post will show you how to make your mouse scroll a page horizontally. […] This article Make mouse scroll horizontally instead of vertically in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Invert HORIZONTAL Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invert HORIZONTAL Scrolling: Hi, I have figured out how to invert the vertical scrolling in Windows 10 by changing the value from 0 to 1 in the registry, but I would also like to invert the horizontal scrolling. Any tips? Thanks!...
  4. Horizontal Scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal Scrolling: I am having this issue where if I can hover over anything that can scroll horizontally it does that automatically without me doing anything. I bought a new mouse to see if that was the issue and it isnt. I have pressed the shift button and that stops it then if I release it...
  5. Surface Dial horizontal scroll

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Dial horizontal scroll: Is there any way to get the Surface Dial to scroll left/right horizontally? When you're in Settings --> Devices --> Wheel, the default tools have a vertical scroll which is great for things like browsers but I need a horizontal scroll tool (for things like audio/video...
  6. Mouse Horizontal Scrolling Not Working

Mouse Horizontal Scrolling Not Working: Has anyone solved this problem yet? Tried all suggestions/recommendations on previous threads. Nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-horizontal-scrolling-not-working/f4d27346-2c28-4190-8a53-b60750edfdf5
  7. Horizontal Scrolling

Horizontal Scrolling: Suddenly, my Win10 desktop has been reacting oddly when mousing. Instead of scolling vertically with the wheel, it scrolls horizontally. The problem doesn't seem to be with the mouse. I've tested three wireless and one corded with same results. Secondly, when moving pointer...
  8. Microsoft 4000 mouse horizontal scroll in PDF

Microsoft 4000 mouse horizontal scroll in PDF: Hi there, I have downloaded microsoft mouse and keyboard center, and also selected acrobat as not function properly. Still the Acrobat Pro does not support horizontal scrolling, unlike other programs such as word, chrome which works perfectly. How do I solve this...
  9. Horizontal Scroll Jump

in Windows 10 Support
    Horizontal Scroll Jump: Has there been any progress in fixing Windows 10 way of auto scrolling to the right/jumping to the left in a folder when you try to select a file with the mouse? 110558
  10. Horizontal scrolling on the START screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Horizontal scrolling on the START screen: I really like windows 8.1 and organized my icons into groups across the START screen. (In order of diminishing importance to me). I can easily swap between the desktop and START with the Windows key so everything is easy to find and to use. When Win 10 was released I took the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse stuck on scroll horizontal