Windows 10: HELP move user folder windows 10

Discus and support HELP move user folder windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Sorry fo not providing more info , i have added to the reply below..... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Dave Weller, Apr 1, 2016.

1. HELP move user folder windows 10

Sorry fo not providing more info , i have added to the reply below..

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ __

:)

Dave Weller, Apr 1, 2016

2. How to move user files to a different partition

Tobias,

I read something the other day about what happens when you move the (CHELP move user folder windows 10 :) > Users folder to another partition or drive. You have to move the User folder back before upgrading Windows 10 to a new build.

"III. Steps to upgrade Windows 10 to the next build when Users folder is relocated

After you move the Users folder to any non-default location, you will not able to upgrade Windows 10 to the next build. To fix this you have to relocate the folders to it’s default location. Follow the steps below."

From this page:

Move Users Folder to another Location in Windows 10 | MyWindowsHub

Brenda

Brenda Woollard, Apr 1, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Apr 1, 2016
  4. Wynona Win User

HELP move user folder windows 10

Sorry, but you aren't giving the information necessary for us to help you.

Wynona, Apr 1, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    If the tutorial you followed is this, then please answer the following questions:

• What edition of Windows 10 you have (Home, Pro, Education, Enterprise)?
    • What bit version (32 bit or 64 bit Windows) you have?
    • Where and how you got your Windows 10 install media?
    • To which partition or drive you are trying to move the Users folder?
    In addition, please post the C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep\Panther\Setupact.log file here, as well as the answer file you used (the relocate.xml file). Copy the text from the files mentioned and paste in your next post.

Kari, Apr 1, 2016
  6. Hi Kari,

Ok the story so far.

• 1.Windows home 64 bit

• Media download from your link to include an uncompressed install.wim file windows 10

• User partition created and empty drive letter U: the only file on there is the relocate.xml file.

Followed all commands and instructions to activate admin, deactivate my local account ready for the move.

All goes well till the system reboots then I am locked out, the only way back in is a back up image.

Have tried a mounted windows10 iso file which mounts fine.

Have also tried a usb stick made by rufus of the same windows 10 image.

The laptop is a lenovo yoga 500,

Secure boot is off so it will boot from usb, problem is it starts the setup from the beginning, if I proceed to repair and command prompt I end up at

X:/sources

When I restore my original back up the user folders have been moved to the new blank USER U: partition so part of the process has worked, I just don’t get to set u a dummy user stage,

Cant give you the log file as I have put image back on now and await any extra info I may need to complete this task.

and yes to the process i followed

Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Cheers

dave

Dave Weller, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HELP move user folder windows 10

1. HELP move user folder windows 10 - Similar Threads - HELP move user

2. HELP! Was moving around and accidentally merged user folder and documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP! Was moving around and accidentally merged user folder and documents folder: So I was moving around some folders since I recently installed a storage drive and from some errors I was trying to correct with program file paths accidentally merged my user folder and documents folder. I have managed to restore the documents folder however my user folder...
  3. HELP! Was moving around and accidentally merged user folder and documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Was moving around and accidentally merged user folder and documents folder: So I was moving around some folders since I recently installed a storage drive and from some errors I was trying to correct with program file paths accidentally merged my user folder and documents folder. I have managed to restore the documents folder however my user folder...
  4. HELP! Was moving around and accidentally merged user folder and documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Library moved to an user folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Library moved to an user folder: So I wanted to move the "Saved games" (here it's Parties enregistrées) library, and I messed up, I applied it to an user folder, and I can't change it's location angain. My restoration point isn't working, and any bat file that "reset" that library arent working . Any ideas ?...
  6. Moving user folder

Moving user folder: I just got a new SSD and have it installed alongside my old HDD, but when I boot from my new drive I have to use the new user, instead of the old one. The user that is on the old drive has a lot of stuff that I need, but I can't figure out how to get it onto the new drive in...
  7. Moved my "Pictures" folder to user folder, help :c

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moved my "Pictures" folder to user folder, help :c: [ATTACH] Hi guys, I was trying to move my Pictures folder to my new user account and by accident I changed my whole user folder to the Pictures folder (lmao). I have no idea on how to fix this sht I hope you guys can help me pls....
  8. Moved Downloads Folder into User

Moved Downloads Folder into User: Hey, basically I messed up and accidentally moved my downloads folder from my C drive as my user folder. I was trying to move my downloads folder into my F drive so it could be the default downloads folder but I accidentally clicked a button which caused my downloads folder...
  9. Moving User Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving User Folders: I've been playing with the tutorial to move user profiles during install (option 1), and that method only seems to work with a "users" folder. Or am I doing something with in my relocate.xml file? I would like to have my profiles drive; D:\Alowicious D:\Cinderella...
  10. Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10: How to: Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 How to Move Users Folder to another Location in Windows 10 [img] Information The method described in this tutorial allows relocating Windows 10 main profile folder Users including all present and future user profiles...