Windows 10: Help moving/logging into an old account

Discus and support Help moving/logging into an old account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an older Minecraft account but didn't have the time to move my Mojang account to Microsoft. Is there a way I can move it now? I have all of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cruxian_, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Cruxian_ Win User

Help moving/logging into an old account

I have an older Minecraft account but didn't have the time to move my Mojang account to Microsoft. Is there a way I can move it now? I have all of the account's info username, email, passwordA problem is that I used the same email for 2 different accounts, my Java and Microsoft one I played both pocket edition and java

:)

Cruxian_, Mar 30, 2022

2. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Mar 30, 2022
  3. Unable to remove old administrator account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to delete one of the old administrator accounts from your computer. If you want to save the data from the old Administrator account, I would suggest you to copy the data from the old user account from
    C: Users\<Old User Account> and move it to your backup drive or folder in a different location, before deleting the account.

I would also like to know what exactly happens when you try to remove the old Administrator account from your PC.

To delete an Administrator account from your PC, you will have to login to another user account with
    Administrator access as User Accounts cannot be deleted through a Standard account.

Once you have logged into your new Administrator account, you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the old Administrator account from your PC. To do this, by

1. Login to the new Admin User Account that you want to keep.
    2. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    3. Click on 'Accounts'.
    4. Now click on 'Family & other users'.
    5. Select the old Administrator account from the list.
    6. Click on 'Remove'.

Let us know if you face any issues, and we will certainly assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 30, 2022
  4. Help moving/logging into an old account

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 30, 2022
Thema:

Help moving/logging into an old account

1. Help moving/logging into an old account - Similar Threads - Help moving logging

2. Logging in to old admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in to old admin account: When I purchased my laptop in 2017 I set up an outlook email to sign in to microsoft. I no longer have that email outlook and there is an old phone number. I tried to confirm my identity. Am now locked out. I have tried many times, but microsoft never gets back to me. How can...
  3. Logging in to old admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging in to old admin account: When I purchased my laptop in 2017 I set up an outlook email to sign in to microsoft. I no longer have that email outlook and there is an old phone number. I tried to confirm my identity. Am now locked out. I have tried many times, but microsoft never gets back to me. How can...
  4. Help moving/logging into an old account

Help moving/logging into an old account: I have an older Minecraft account but didn't have the time to move my Mojang account to Microsoft. Is there a way I can move it now? I have all of the account's info username, email, password...
  5. Computer logged in old account after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer logged in old account after reset: I did a regular restart because my computer was slow and when the computer started on the login screen there was only one account option. It was an old account from a previous owner. There was no trace of my account on the computer. It is as if it never even existed. But the...
  6. Computer logged in old account after reset

Computer logged in old account after reset: I did a regular restart because my computer was slow and when the computer started on the login screen there was only one account option. It was an old account from a previous owner. There was no trace of my account on the computer. It is as if it never even existed. But the...
  7. Computer logged in old account after reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Cannot log into outlook due to old account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot log into outlook due to old account: When I purchased this pc, we linked the windows 10 license to his account. A year later, I took a job that required me to use Outlook for the first time and I think... linked to their windows licenses but for sure their outlook. I am no longer with that job. I am trying to...
  9. Help with Log In as Local Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Log In as Local Account: So my PC for some weird reason forces me to add the prefix " .\ " before my username. By default, it expects me to login as a domain. Is there any way to change this? So I can login using only my username (and password)? submitted by /u/Watchmen__ [link] [comments]...
  10. All accounts logged on. [help]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All accounts logged on. [help]: Well i use : Discord , Skype , Microsoft teams , epic games, steam , emails ... is it okay to let them on? and how i can protect my stuffs from being leaked? submitted by /u/swordkannn [link] [comments]...