Windows 10: Help moving windows to new computer

Discus and support Help moving windows to new computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All Hoping someone can help with migrating windows 10 to another computer. My original computer died. Motherboard overheated and is now dead. HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dallypro, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Dallypro Win User

Help moving windows to new computer

Hi All

Hoping someone can help with migrating windows 10 to another computer.

My original computer died. Motherboard overheated and is now dead. HDD was absolutely fine and still includes windows 10 and all my data.

I have bought a new reconditioned laptop, that comes without an operating system.

I have been reading about how to swap windows 10 onto a different computer, however most say to create a file using your original setup. Obviously I cant do this as the laptop is dead, and the hdd is currently sat in a caddy waiting for the information to be transferred somewhere.

So, how can I get windows 10 off the hard drive in the caddy and onto my new completely blank hard drive?

Note that I dont have a product key as the original laptop didnt come with one, so I assume that it was a digital registration.

Many thanks in advance.

:)

Dallypro, Jan 21, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 21, 2020
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jan 21, 2020
  4. theonedub Win User

I need to move windows to a new hdd

Someone correct me if I am wrong here, but he is not going to be able to move software using Acronis. If you reinstalled Windows the next step is reinstalling all your software.

theonedub, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Help moving windows to new computer - Similar Threads - Help moving computer

2. Moving Windows 10 to a new computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows 10 to a new computer.: I have a Windows Ten License that I bought for my iMac to take a class that required a certain application. I am currently in the process of building a PC and I was curious if I could save myself 100-odd dollars by removing Windows 10 from the iMac, and getting it on a...
  3. Moving SSD to new computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving SSD to new computer.: I'am going to be upgrading my pc soon and want to use my current ssd in my computer. I'am going to use the "reset this pc" setting to get rid of all my files, apps, games, etc. I want to start a fresh wipe of windows on my new pc. What i want to know is can I do the windows...
  4. Windows 10 moving to new computer.

Windows 10 moving to new computer.: In 2016 I upgraded my retail purchased copy of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. This was not a OEM version of Windows 7. I had built the computer. My computer's motherboard recently died. I will get a new computer with a SSD hard drive which is formatted only. I have...
  5. moving to a new computer

moving to a new computer: My current desktop is on life support, if I buy a new desktop can I just pull the root drive from my dying machine , put it in the new one and expect everything including all the APPS to work ?...
  6. Move to a new Computer

Move to a new Computer: What have people found to be the best way to transfer programs, files, data from one (operating) computer to a new one? Both are running Windows 10. Both will have OneDrive and Office 365....
  7. Moving to a new computer (license)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving to a new computer (license): I am going to build a new computer and I am wondering if the license would keep working when I just switch out the OS drive to a new computer. It is a retail license, not OEM if that would make a difference. I also attached the license to my Microsoft account. Thank you!...
  8. moving files to a new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving files to a new computer: I have a six-year-old computer running Windows 10 and want to move all my files from it to a new computer also running Windows 10. What's the best/easiest way to do it?...
  9. Moving Moneypoint to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Moneypoint to a new computer: I am trying to move MoneyPoint from one computer to a new computer. What process should I use? I assume that I should first install the program on the new computer, but then I cannot determine which files need to be copied across to maintain all of the existing information....
  10. Moving W10 to a new computer

Moving W10 to a new computer: Hi all, I'm about to purchase a new PC desktop computer for photo editing, general MS Office and web surfing. I already have an SSD boot drive with W10 Pro x64 installed and activated and a bootable USB stick. The hardware of the new PC will be completely different to the...