Windows 10: Help! My 2 Drives switched contents!

Discus and support Help! My 2 Drives switched contents! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So before this happened I had my 1tb Samsung 970 Pro SSD as my C: drive with about 500gbs of stuff on it including Windows and my 1 tb Samsung 860 as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/homantify19, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Help! My 2 Drives switched contents!

So before this happened I had my 1tb Samsung 970 Pro SSD as my C: drive with about 500gbs of stuff on it including Windows and my 1 tb Samsung 860 as my D: drive with like 50gb used.

One night I left my computer on and when I came into the room the next night (not to play) it was noticeably warmer and my pc fans were running loudly. I turned it off and when I turned it on the next morning it said that it needed to repair the C: drive for some reason which I thought was confusing because I believed that SSDs in general were immune to this kind of thing. But anyway I let it go through and when it went through the startup process I noticed it was definitely taking longer than normal. After I logged in I realized that nothing was missing or corrupted but when I go into my disk manager my 860 is now my C: drive with 500gbs used and my 970 pro is now my D: drive, with 50gbs used. I am so confused as to how this happened and at first I thought it was a glitch so I went into my BIOS and sure enough, my 860 is now my boot drive.

I’ve looked all over but I haven’t seen anything like this anywhere so if anyone could help that would be amazing!!

submitted by /u/homantify19
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/homantify19, Dec 2, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 2, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

Help! My 2 Drives switched contents!

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Help! My 2 Drives switched contents!

1. Help! My 2 Drives switched contents! - Similar Threads - Help Drives switched

2. My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?: A couple days ago, my computer stopped working for “inaccessible boot device” error. I tried everything that is available, and now resetting windows will be the only option now.However, before I did. I was checking my files in cmd making sure everything is there and I noticed...
  3. My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?: A couple days ago, my computer stopped working for “inaccessible boot device” error. I tried everything that is available, and now resetting windows will be the only option now.However, before I did. I was checking my files in cmd making sure everything is there and I noticed...
  4. Shared Drive and its contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Drive and its contents: Why are all the folders inside a Shared Drive not automatically shared? I assume it was so but when I checked several folder inside a shared Drive , some are shared others are not . Any reason for this ? Tks 178514
  5. Wanna switch my windows drive to m.2 and reset fresh

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wanna switch my windows drive to m.2 and reset fresh: Title submitted by /u/Lakeroad1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lmw2uq/wanna_switch_my_windows_drive_to_m2_and_reset/
  6. I cloned a drive to switch my Windows to new M.2 and now its a mess, help me.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cloned a drive to switch my Windows to new M.2 and now its a mess, help me.: So I've had a M.2 installed for a while and haven't gotten around to switching the OS over. Until today. So let me start by saying I'm a total newbie, so take things slow with me and assume I know very little. So I want just wanted windows and my modded version of GTA V on...
  7. Switching drives

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switching drives: I am trying to change the drive where games download and when i try changing the drive I get these messages. I hit yes on the first one and then get the 2nd. i tried doing it at different times and got the same pop-up, also tried restarting my PC and resetting the store and...
  8. Destiny 2 transfering game content

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Destiny 2 transfering game content: Stuck. How to get past this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/destiny-2-transfering-game-content/865ae58c-7544-4c33-9c22-de639bff1ae6
  9. 2 identical Files installed and 2 differents content....

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 identical Files installed and 2 differents content....: First of all, I am french so, sorry for mistakes, I just bought i new laptop with windows 10 and I had a problem with my different windows users .So I just finished erasing everything and now its a new one! So here is my problem. It seems that i dont see all files when i...
  10. help contents

in Windows 10 Support
    help contents: How do I see the contents of Help?? 117505