Windows 10: help, my app stop functioning properly unless i run them as administrator

Discus and support help, my app stop functioning properly unless i run them as administrator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello, i had this problem of running my programs last week. it started with my adobe programs, to be specific photoshop. it won't open and this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by doe rnya, May 29, 2024.

1. doe rnya Win User

help, my app stop functioning properly unless i run them as administrator

hello, i had this problem of running my programs last week. it started with my adobe programs, to be specific photoshop. it won't open and this error window pop up see attachment. and then i tried to open my adobe indesign, it also refuses to open and a "sorry, and error has occurred" window pop on. i thought this is an adobe problem, so i try to open creative cloud and the app section won't load for me, so i can't check if i might miss an update or to uninstall my adobe program. so i went through tedious steps to delete the entirety of my adobe program. twice. with someone from adobe agent

:)

doe rnya, May 29, 2024
  2. Arul_D Win User

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, May 29, 2024
  3. App Runs Properly but Win10Pro Task Scheduler Cannot Run It

We have a requirement for extremely accurate computer clock time and use a small app that that, when launched, checks with a pool of time servers and syncs our computer clock. We want to schedule this app to run every couple of hours.

The app runs properly when I launch it manually. I created a task in Task Scheduler to do this automatically every two hours and, when I manually run the task within Task Scheduler, it also runs properly. However, it will not run on on its own on a schedule.
    Task Scheduler fails to launch it.

On a different computer, another app is able to launch it when that app is launched but, again, Task Scheduler fails to launch it on a schedule.

The task is configured in Task Scheduler as follows:

GENERAL

• When running the task, use the following user account: it's my own account, and I am an Administrator on the computer
    • Run only when user is logged on
    • Run with highest privileges
    • Configure for Windows 10
    TRIGGERS

• Trigger: At task creation/modification
    • Repeat every 2 hours for a duration of indefinitely
    • Enabled
    ACTIONS

• Start a program "path...\SysTimeUpdate.exe" min ('min' being an argument)
    CONDITIONS

• none - no conditions
    SETTINGS

• Allow task to be run on demand
    • Run task as soon as possible after a schedules start is missed
    • Stop the task if it runs longer than 1 hour
    • If the running task does not end when requested, force it to stop
    • If the task is already running, then the following rule applies - Stop the existing instance

Someone suggested that my Administrator account may not have full privileges, and it may be a permissions issue but, if so, why can I launch it manually and why can another app launch it when that app is launched but Task Scheduler cannot? This very very
    baffling, and any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Samurai7388, May 29, 2024
  4. help, my app stop functioning properly unless i run them as administrator

Why wont some apps open unless ran as administrator?

Hi ArmanAbadi,

Can you please upload your system information report?

• Open MSINFO32.EXE as administrator.
    • In the MSINFO32 screen, press Ctrl + S and save the system information report (.NFO file).
    • Zip the NFO file, upload it to OneDrive, and share the link here.
    Also, see if this applies: Apps Don’t Open Unless Run as Administrator

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 29, 2024
Thema:

help, my app stop functioning properly unless i run them as administrator

1. help, my app stop functioning properly unless i run them as administrator - Similar Threads - help app stop

2. help, my app stop functioning properly unless i run them as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help, my app stop functioning properly unless i run them as administrator: hello, i had this problem of running my programs last week. it started with my adobe programs, to be specific photoshop. it won't open and this error window pop up see attachment. and then i tried to open my adobe indesign, it also refuses to open and a "sorry, and error has...
  3. My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator: Today I installed a new motherboard, cpu and a graphics card and now after having my computer turned on for a minute all of my apps crash and wont open unless I run them as administrator. I have tried different solutions to fix this problem but none of them have helped, I...
  4. My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator: Today I installed a new motherboard, cpu and a graphics card and now after having my computer turned on for a minute all of my apps crash and wont open unless I run them as administrator. I have tried different solutions to fix this problem but none of them have helped, I...
  5. My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  7. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  8. Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator": Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Build 18363.418 Firefox and Chrome have both ceased to start unless "run as administrator". I can see the window form for the application, but is goes away almost instantly. Task manager shows no process still running after that, so it goes away...
  9. Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator: I’ve been searching up on the web all day to fix this and there’s only a few solutions posted. I’ve done the registry edit “%1”%*, created a new user account - nothing. Please help, thanks. :-) submitted by /u/taromt [link] [comments]...
  10. Apps not functioning properly

Apps not functioning properly: Hey guys! I've been a W10 user for the past half year or so, and I must say that I've had pretty good experiences with it. I used it on my cheap desktop, and on my old Asus T100 as a laptop tablet hybrid. But, I got rid of both, and I got myself a second hand Lenovo ThinkPad...