Windows 10: Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.

Discus and support Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, My old Windows computer Dell xps 15, 2018 recently died, in such a way that it won't power-up at all anymore. To recover the files I removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Texlion, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Texlion Win User

Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.

Hello all, My old Windows computer Dell xps 15, 2018 recently died, in such a way that it won't power-up at all anymore. To recover the files I removed the harddrive and mounted it to be copied to my new computer. When opening the windows explorer screen, I see it is working and that the drive is healthy. To open it requires a bitlocker key. So I went into my microsoft account to get my bitlocker key, but strangely enough I see that the old computer is listed, including information that the last active day was the last day it was "alive", but when I look at the Key-ID of the listed harddriv

:)

Texlion, Mar 19, 2024

2. Bitlocker Recovery Key ID - Does not match on affected machine & Microsoft Account Page

Hi MS Support team,

Today my Lenovo T450s laptop all of a sudden asking for a BitLocker Recovery Key. Hence I logged into my account on MS and under devices, when I clicked on the BitLocker Recovery keys, the recovery ID is different that what is showing up on my T450s machines.

I have viewed the a thread - Redirecting but this does not help me.

I need the recovery key for the key ID which is showing up on my machine.

Please help, this happened after an update on the machine from MS.

Regards

Raghavendra

M H RaghavendraRao, Mar 19, 2024
  3. YAK
    yak Win User
    BitLocker Windows 10 key ID match, but password not

I'm using Windows 10 on a Windows Surface device. I'm unable to recover a data on my drive which was encrypted with a BitLocker. Here's what I did:

1. I have 2 partitions, C: (OS), D: (data), E: (data) - removable disc
    2. I've made a copy of a drive D: with FTK Imager v 3.1.1 and saved the image on a removable drive E:
    3. I encrypted the removable drive E: with a BitLocker and save the recovery password in a Microsoft cloud
    4. I removed the E: drive from my Windows Surface Device
    5. I connected the E: device again, and tried to recover the data with a recovery key. The id's of the key's matches, but the BitLocker says that the password is wrong.

What might be the cause here?

4. Aug30005 Win User

BitLocker Recovery Key not stored in Microsoft Account

Here is the sequence of events that resulted in me unable to access the data on my additional HDD.

30th August - Purchased new computer and installed windows 10 64-bit Pro on 500GB internal harddrive.

4th September - Added another 2TB harddrive and moved my personal data.

17th September - Installed Linux operating system on internal hard drive overwriting windows 10. Unable to access the data on the 2 TB HDD from Linux.

17th September - Reinstalled Windows 10 64-bit Pro on 500GB internal harddrive overwriting Linux.

Unable to access the 2 TB HDD from Windows since it was bitlocker encrypted.

My Microsoft Account has 2 BitLocker recovery keys. But both are for the internal HDD in which the OS was installed twice. No key listed for the external HDD.

Is there a way to get the bitlocker recovery key for the external HDD?

Is it possible that the 2 TB HDD I purchased was bitlocker enabled by the previous buyer and then returned to seller and that's why it is not listed in my microsoft account?

Aug30005, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

1. Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive. - Similar Threads - Help bitlocker Key

2. There is no matched BitLocker key from my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no matched BitLocker key from my Microsoft account: Hi,I was trying to find the BitLocker key from my Microsoft account that matches the recovery key. I did this before, and it succeed. However, this time, I was unable to find the matched BitLocker key. I tried signing out my Microsoft account and signing in again, but I did...
  3. There is no matched BitLocker key from my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no matched BitLocker key from my Microsoft account: Hi,I was trying to find the BitLocker key from my Microsoft account that matches the recovery key. I did this before, and it succeed. However, this time, I was unable to find the matched BitLocker key. I tried signing out my Microsoft account and signing in again, but I did...
  4. Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.: Hello all, My old Windows computer Dell xps 15, 2018 recently died, in such a way that it won't power-up at all anymore. To recover the files I removed the harddrive and mounted it to be copied to my new computer. When opening the windows explorer screen, I see it is working...
  5. Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.

Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.: Hello all, My old Windows computer Dell xps 15, 2018 recently died, in such a way that it won't power-up at all anymore. To recover the files I removed the harddrive and mounted it to be copied to my new computer. When opening the windows explorer screen, I see it is working...
  6. My bitlocker recovery ID doesn’t match my recovery keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bitlocker recovery ID doesn’t match my recovery keys?: Images of recovery ID and recovery keys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-recovery-id-doesnt-match-my-recovery/a7110fbc-3cbc-4703-81b4-ba3f86e63024
  7. My bitlocker recovery ID doesn’t match my recovery keys?

My bitlocker recovery ID doesn’t match my recovery keys?: Images of recovery ID and recovery keys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-recovery-id-doesnt-match-my-recovery/a7110fbc-3cbc-4703-81b4-ba3f86e63024
  8. My bitlocker key didn't match

My bitlocker key didn't match: I have a Lenovo pc .It's bitlocker key didn't match.What to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-key-didnt-match/392fb5a9-8904-464a-98e6-e94b45db85ca
  9. My bitlocker key didn't match

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My bitlocker key didn't match: I have a Lenovo pc .It's bitlocker key didn't match.What to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-key-didnt-match/392fb5a9-8904-464a-98e6-e94b45db85ca
  10. My bitlocker key didn't match

in Windows 10 Gaming