Windows 10: help my cat broke my display

Discus and support help my cat broke my display in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] is there a way to move the downscaled resolution to the right of my monitor so i can at least use my monitor for the rest of the quarentine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rcvicente, May 23, 2020.

1. help my cat broke my display

/u/rcvicente, May 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 23, 2020
  3. Display Issue Please Help

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing while scrolling down. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, let me know this:

What exactly happens when you shut down the computer?

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

Step 1: Update the Display driver. Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to Run.
    • In the Run prompt, type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK.
    • Device Manager will open.
    • In Device Manager expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    • After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, May 23, 2020
  4. help my cat broke my display

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, May 23, 2020
Thema:

help my cat broke my display

1. help my cat broke my display - Similar Threads - help cat broke

2. MY SCREEN BROKE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY SCREEN BROKE HELP: I was playing Minecraft until I could not do anything and it was moving around and now my mouse is broke I can’t provide a video but only a image right now I’m responding on a phone because I’m to scared to do anythingIt looks like the mouse is fine and monitor but it keeps...
  3. MY SCREEN BROKE HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY SCREEN BROKE HELP: I was playing Minecraft until I could not do anything and it was moving around and now my mouse is broke I can’t provide a video but only a image right now I’m responding on a phone because I’m to scared to do anythingIt looks like the mouse is fine and monitor but it keeps...
  4. My cat stepped on my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cat stepped on my keyboard.: The entire zxc row isn't working excpt shift. Neither are space, backspace, arrow keys; and y is now "ny". Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cat-stepped-on-my-keyboard/70a74082-da61-4adb-9c46-43f82a5f31a0
  5. My cat stepped on my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My cat stepped on my keyboard.: The entire zxc row isn't working excpt shift. Neither are space, backspace, arrow keys; and y is now "ny". Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cat-stepped-on-my-keyboard/70a74082-da61-4adb-9c46-43f82a5f31a0
  6. My cat stepped on my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My cat made my browsers disappear

My cat made my browsers disappear: I have Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with an extra monitor. My cat walked across my keyboard the other day. I had 2 diff browsers open Brave and Firefox each with multiple tabs open, they disappeared. It seemed like the swooped left into oblivion. I relaunched Brave from the...
  8. My cat made my browsers disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cat made my browsers disappear: I have Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with an extra monitor. My cat walked across my keyboard the other day. I had 2 diff browsers open Brave and Firefox each with multiple tabs open, they disappeared. It seemed like the swooped left into oblivion. I relaunched Brave from the...
  9. my cat died

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my cat died: how to resurrect ded cot?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-cat-died/c46c16ad-42c7-4b8b-bce9-3a1b1295d8c4
  10. Cat sat on my laptop

Cat sat on my laptop: Hi my cat sat on my laptop and now it won't do anything, it beeps and the caps lock is on but it won't let me turn it off and it won't let me log in. I tried a whole bunch of stuff already looked at about 10 websites with tips first before I came here and nothing has worked....