Windows 10: Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.

Discus and support Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday night my computer stopped responding to any of my mouse clicks after working perfectly on a daily basis. The mouse move normally and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by avnersteinberg, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.

Yesterday night my computer stopped responding to any of my mouse clicks after working perfectly on a daily basis. The mouse move normally and the start menu opens, but other then that nothing happens - whenever i click on an app/settings icon it looks like it clicks but nothing happens. I tried restarting it and nothing changed, when i press ctrl+alt+delete and try to choose the task manager nothing happens.Hope someone knows what to do.Thank! :

:)

avnersteinberg, Nov 5, 2021
  2. David Haz Win User

Computer doesn't respond to mouse clicks

Hi Kat,

For us to isolate the issue in using the mouse to interact with the contents of your desktop, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When did this issue started to occur?
    • Have you checked if the mouse works when you connect it to another device?
    On a lighter note, we suggest that you check if there are pending updates waiting to be installed on your device. If there are, kindly install them and restart your device. After restarting, check if you are able to interact with the contents of your desktop.

David Haz, Nov 5, 2021
  3. stor Win User
    mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click.
    I called dell and they came and changed the entire mouse pad but still no success.
    I downloaded the shellexview as was proposed in another thread and followed the steps to disable the pink ones, still no result.
    Today I did format in the laptop and reinstalled windows 10. a few hours later the problem was back. After the format I installed again shellexview and repeated the steps. still no result
    I am running out of options. Please any help would be greatly appreciated

stor, Nov 5, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.

1. Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons. - Similar Threads - Help computer doesn’t

2. Computer turns on but doesn’t respond to mouse or keyboard on Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer turns on but doesn’t respond to mouse or keyboard on Lock Screen: My pc was having this problem a bit before but if I restarted it enough it would work. One day my power went out while it was on and no matter how many times I restart it it won’t work....
  3. Computer turns on but doesn’t respond to mouse or keyboard on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turns on but doesn’t respond to mouse or keyboard on Lock Screen: My pc was having this problem a bit before but if I restarted it enough it would work. One day my power went out while it was on and no matter how many times I restart it it won’t work....
  4. Computer turns on but doesn’t respond to mouse or keyboard on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  6. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  7. Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.: Yesterday night my computer stopped responding to any of my mouse clicks after working perfectly on a daily basis. The mouse move normally and the start menu opens, but other then that nothing happens - whenever i click on an app/settings icon it looks like it clicks but...
  8. Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.

Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.: Yesterday night my computer stopped responding to any of my mouse clicks after working perfectly on a daily basis. The mouse move normally and the start menu opens, but other then that nothing happens - whenever i click on an app/settings icon it looks like it clicks but...
  9. Apps not responding to mouse clicks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not responding to mouse clicks.: Not sure if its a Windows 10 problem or not but, I have had my (pre-built but upgraded) PC for just over a year now and it's great! but for 1, it suddenly started feeling really slow and freezing (I have an m.2 nvme) but, most annoyingly, apps and games will just not respond...
  10. Mouse clicks not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse clicks not responding: Today, I opened the computer. On the lock screen, everything worked as normal, but once it started, no mouse clicks would respond. If I hover over something in the taskbar, it lights up as it should, but clicking on anything does nothing. If I use the touchscreen, the clicks...