Windows 10: Help! My computer takes forever to restart and to boot, and the text isn't showing correctly.

Discus and support Help! My computer takes forever to restart and to boot, and the text isn't showing correctly. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I did 2 things before all of this crap happened: 1 - I installed a VPN program after seeing some things about it. Tested it for a while and there were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ugly_Slut-Wannabe, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Help! My computer takes forever to restart and to boot, and the text isn't showing correctly.

I did 2 things before all of this crap happened:

1 - I installed a VPN program after seeing some things about it. Tested it for a while and there were no problems whatsoever besides the program itself being slow.

2 - I enabled the Windows 10 encryption after a friend recommended me to do that.

I'm almost completely sure that it was the encryption thing.

The computer got extremely slow. I had to do a hard reset. After that, it took about 10 minutes to completely turn on again. After another 5 minutes to enter my profile, I was met with a completely slow system. The text wasn't being properly shown, it was missing letters and words, but also showing only a blurry black shadow and mainly now even appearing. I restarted it through the start menu and it took around 10 minutes to just turn off, and it's still in that black screen with the brand name as I'm writing this.

Please someone help me. Sorry if this isn't the place to ask this. This laptop was really expensive and I can't just buy another one, and it's shared with other people, so I can't just wait forever. Sorry if I sound stupid.

submitted by /u/Ugly_Slut-Wannabe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ugly_Slut-Wannabe, Mar 25, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Mar 25, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Help! My computer takes forever to restart and to boot, and the text isn't showing correctly.

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Help! My computer takes forever to restart and to boot, and the text isn't showing correctly. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Help! My computer takes forever to restart and to boot, and the text isn't showing correctly.

1. Help! My computer takes forever to restart and to boot, and the text isn't showing correctly. - Similar Threads - Help computer takes

2. Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.: Hello, Microsoft.I need help with my Minecraft Alternative Download,For some reason every time I seem to open it, it always freezes on me. I don't know if it is taking a long time to install or if it is an error.Please let me know!Thanks! :- John...
  3. Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.: Hello, Microsoft.I need help with my Minecraft Alternative Download,For some reason every time I seem to open it, it always freezes on me. I don't know if it is taking a long time to install or if it is an error.Please let me know!Thanks! :- John...
  4. my computer isn't working correctly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my computer isn't working correctly.: EVERY time there's an update on my PC the performance takes another dive. i have to click 10 to 20 times to do anything such as comment or to look at a pic or change pages. it snatches me off pages and sends me somewhere else. when i do a search and the bar comes down and i...
  5. Ubuntu Subsystem takes forever to boot

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ubuntu Subsystem takes forever to boot: I recently installed the Windows System for Linux and the distro that I choose was Ubuntu. Though after when I tried to log on to Ubuntu after I woke up, it just was stuck in booting and didn't actually load for like 10-15 minutes. I'm not sure what the problem is and this is...
  6. boot isn't correct

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot isn't correct: I am not sure what is happening, the boot doesn't seem correct or is missing something. please see shared filehttps://1drv.ms/f/s!Ahj2GWP9MhPWsR31_2PtsFvboOY6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-isnt-correct/f309e474-268d-4ae4-8e1f-5b70fa034c4b
  7. Win 10 takes forever to boot

Win 10 takes forever to boot: Hi, My Win10 takes almost 15 to 20 minutes to display the win logon since powering ON. The following is the machine specs: OS : Win10 Pro Processor : Intel i7 7th Gen RAM : 16 GB HDD : SSD 256GB Let me know what logs do you need to troubleshoot this issue?...
  8. My laptop is taking forever to boot!

My laptop is taking forever to boot!: I have an Asus gl551jw and every single time I booted the laptop, it took 4 to 10 seconds to boot, nothing to complain, that was really fast since I've never had an gaming laptop before. 3 months or so later, it started taking a whole minute to boot, I don't remember if it...
  9. Windows 10 takes forever to restart.

Windows 10 takes forever to restart.: As title says, it takes almost an hour to restart, even when the OS is installed in a SSD. Which nulifies the whole point of using one. This happened before but could fix it simply by updating Windows. Now I'm at the latest update and the issue showed up again. [ATTACH]...
  10. PC taking forever to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC taking forever to boot.: My PC has been taking a long time to boot. Whenever I press the power button, the power light blinks and the loading screen appears as usual, but it remains for a long time(the dots circling screen). I have waited for apmost hours but it doesnt start. I have to firce atop it...