Windows 10: Help! My computer will shut down on sleep mode even when my plan settings tell it to never...

Discus and support Help! My computer will shut down on sleep mode even when my plan settings tell it to never... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/kuazikolla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4m1fg/help_my_computer_will_shut_down_on_sleep_mode/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kuazikolla, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Help! My computer will shut down on sleep mode even when my plan settings tell it to never...

/u/kuazikolla, Feb 16, 2020

2. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Computer stopped going into sleep mode

Hello, Kiran.

My computer is up to date and I didn't change any settings prior or after the update

I tried step one, but I haven't wait the time required for the computer to go into sleep mode. I did change the 30 minute wait to 10 minutes. So, I'll wait and see what happens

Yan Carlos Cruz, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Help! My computer will shut down on sleep mode even when my plan settings tell it to never...

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Help! My computer will shut down on sleep mode even when my plan settings tell it to never...

1. Help! My computer will shut down on sleep mode even when my plan settings tell it to never... - Similar Threads - Help computer shut

2. Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never: I got an issue with 3 new computers in my company, I'm the IT Tech and I just configured 3 Intel computers LAPBC710 with the last Windows 11 Pro version.One of the 3 won't update to the last W11 update I don't know why but this is the only computer of the 3 that hasn't the...
  3. Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never: I got an issue with 3 new computers in my company, I'm the IT Tech and I just configured 3 Intel computers LAPBC710 with the last Windows 11 Pro version.One of the 3 won't update to the last W11 update I don't know why but this is the only computer of the 3 that hasn't the...
  4. Computers shut down when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computers shut down when entering sleep mode: Hello, I am experiencing problems with some of my customers the number of people affected just keeps growing and growing . When the computers doesn't matter if it's a laptop or a PC enters sleep mode and some time passes - the computer shuts down. We tried checking the...
  5. Computer shuts down while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down while in sleep mode: I have an HP All-in-One 24 computer with Intel Core i5 . Recently, when I put the computer into sleep mode, later during the night the computer shuts down. I have also found that the computer does not go to sleep even though I have set the PC to sleep after 30 minutes. The...
  6. My computer doesn't shut down, hibernate, or go into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer doesn't shut down, hibernate, or go into sleep mode.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nathan00023 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl4y5r/my_computer_doesnt_shut_down_hibernate_or_go_into/
  7. Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight: Has happened 3 nights now, after the late February update. Has anyone else experienced this? submitted by /u/Penuwana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fgqi3w/computer_shuts_down_when_in_sleep_mode_overnight/
  8. Sleep button shuts down my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep button shuts down my computer: Hi, I have recently started encountering a problem whereby my laptop shuts down when I put it to sleep, meaning that files close without saving and I have to start using autorecover and browser closes too. I have checked my power options and no issues there. I am wondering...
  9. My computer reboots when I tell it to shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer reboots when I tell it to shut down: Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-reboots-when-i-tell-it-to-shut-down/6220904f-3694-4c78-85c8-d51f87765aa7
  10. System shuts down when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System shuts down when in sleep mode: I really am not sure where to even look. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and had no problems for a while until I began using sleep mode. About every night or two when in sleep mode, my system shuts down. I'm not here when it does so I don't see a blue screen and appear to have no...