Windows 10: HELP My display is in perpetual nightmode

Discus and support HELP My display is in perpetual nightmode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; it all started with an update a good 3 months back when it initially affected my ability to adjust the brightness, I had to manually update my video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hing Jian, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Hing Jian Win User

HELP My display is in perpetual nightmode

it all started with an update a good 3 months back when it initially affected my ability to adjust the brightness, I had to manually update my video drivers to a pre-existing driver to get it to work. But after 1 month another windows update came fixing the issue, but now my screen is in perpetual night mode. The colours are yellow even as night mode is off, for a short time I went into the colour management and used one of the existing profiles, setting it at default in order to get the colour back to normal, but for some reason this is no longer working.

I have read several guides and tips mainly going into the registry and deleting athe files called '$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings' and '$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate'. But every time I restart, the issue isn't solved and the files return to the registry.

Hope somone can provide me a solution. Thanks. Also, connecting it to an external monitor or projector also results in the same perpetual night light colour, even when using an external GPU.

:)

Hing Jian, Sep 11, 2019

2. Display Issue Please Help

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing while scrolling down. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, let me know this:

What exactly happens when you shut down the computer?

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

Step 1: Update the Display driver. Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to Run.
    • In the Run prompt, type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK.
    • Device Manager will open.
    • In Device Manager expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    • After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 11, 2019
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 11, 2019
  4. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

HELP My display is in perpetual nightmode [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

HELP My display is in perpetual nightmode [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. HELP My display is in perpetual nightmode - Similar Threads - HELP display perpetual

2. Latest win10 update no longer uses nightmode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest win10 update no longer uses nightmode?: I use night mode full time to reduce eye strain while I'm at the computer, and I only disable it manually if I need to verify the color or something. Last night I updated my PC to the latest version and now night mode is disabled. When I try to navigate to settings > display,...
  3. Latest win10 update no longer uses nightmode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest win10 update no longer uses nightmode?: I use night mode full time to reduce eye strain while I'm at the computer, and I only disable it manually if I need to verify the color or something. Last night I updated my PC to the latest version and now night mode is disabled. When I try to navigate to settings > display,...
  4. Latest win10 update no longer uses nightmode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Perpetual Screen Tearing issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Perpetual Screen Tearing issues.: So I noticed for a while now that for some reason, as i use my tv as a monitor for my pc, at random intervals my screen will tear and blink. Currently it is connected to my desktop via HDMI cable got it from the guy that put up the tv, and its not just when I play a game....
  6. Help to resize my display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help to resize my display: I’m wanting to double my tv as a monitor as shown in this post.. https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f98fxs/my_new_tv_ist_too_large_to_use_as_a_monitor_is/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf Here’s my dimensions 42 in (110 cm) [corner to corner]...
  7. OneDrive Perpetual Syncing Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Perpetual Syncing Issue: Hi. I have a friend's Dell Latitude E5550 with Win10Pro v1903 on it. Just purchased and installed O365, so now he gets 1TB online storage and wants to take advantage of that. I am not a big OneDrive user, so not really familiar with it. I goofed up trying to setup syncing...
  8. The perpetual breaking of my systems by windows update!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The perpetual breaking of my systems by windows update!: Brand spanking new laptop PC, Windows update has broken it twice and after hours of work I get it back then... Guess what??! Update brakes it again! Now it is stuck in a contentious loop of stating it failed to complete updates and is resetting the problem. Restarts and we...
  9. The perpetual "Cast to Device" feature

The perpetual "Cast to Device" feature: Hi Guys, First time poster here. I have a WD NAS which stores my music files. I have recently purchased a Denon receiver and I can successfully cast songs to it. However I notice that the "cast" option appears in the right-click menu only when I am at the file level. This is...
  10. Ethernet Connection Is Perpetually Unidentified

Ethernet Connection Is Perpetually Unidentified: Hi, I'm currently using Windows 10 Professional and I've been having an issue for the past couple of days where my computer is perpetually trying to identify my ethernet connection. This started happening maybe two to three days ago after I accidentally stepped on the switch...