Windows 10: HELP! My explorer keeps crashing after opening a single file.

Discus and support HELP! My explorer keeps crashing after opening a single file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The problem seems to happen only off of the desktop. I have tried a lot of the standard fixes reset the file explorer done every top 9 tips to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KiranRajani, Jun 5, 2020.

1. HELP! My explorer keeps crashing after opening a single file.

The problem seems to happen only off of the desktop.

I have tried a lot of the standard fixes reset the file explorer done every top 9 tips to fix crashing file explorer. Really need help

I've just downloaded avid first and a canon webcam software direct from canon they have since been deleted and removed from recycle bin.

Please help. From, a pretty scared 19 yr old.

:)

KiranRajani, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Windows explorer (File explorer) Keeps crashing

Hi,

For us to know more about this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages whenever the File Explorer crashes?
    • Are you experiencing other issues aside from this after the update?

We suggest that you check on this article on
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    and try to open the Windows File Explorer again. If the issue still persists, you can check on this

link
    and try the second method given by ThofikAhamad.

Let us know how it goes.

Jaune Bel, Jun 5, 2020
  4. jsmin Win User

HELP! My explorer keeps crashing after opening a single file.

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

HELP! My explorer keeps crashing after opening a single file.

1. HELP! My explorer keeps crashing after opening a single file. - Similar Threads - HELP explorer keeps

2. My File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My File Explorer keeps crashing: Basically a month ago, I still had Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop and it was running perfectly smooth. But a few days later File Explorer started automatically crashing and showing me a error message saying “APPLICATION DOES NOT EXIST/ FILE EXPLORER DOES NOT EXIST” but I had...
  3. My File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My File Explorer keeps crashing: Basically a month ago, I still had Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop and it was running perfectly smooth. But a few days later File Explorer started automatically crashing and showing me a error message saying “APPLICATION DOES NOT EXIST/ FILE EXPLORER DOES NOT EXIST” but I had...
  4. My file explorer and files on desktop crash right after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My file explorer and files on desktop crash right after opening: Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-and-files-on-desktop-crash-right/6ba53408-b3c0-4b2d-bc00-ba18fff4863b
  5. My file explorer and files on desktop crash right after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My file explorer and files on desktop crash right after opening: Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-and-files-on-desktop-crash-right/6ba53408-b3c0-4b2d-bc00-ba18fff4863b
  6. File Explorer crashes after opening any file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer crashes after opening any file.: Basically the title. If I open my file explorer, then a document then click back to file explorer, it locks up, my cursor spins. The explorer closes out then opens again in about 5 seconds. It's a huge pain when I need to open say five documents in quick succession. I've...
  7. My File Explorer keeps crashing because of a single Corrupted File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My File Explorer keeps crashing because of a single Corrupted File: Hello, I am having an annoying problems with my Windows 10 PC. Yesterday I downloaded a video into a folder in my D drive and somehow that file got corrupted, and every time I open the root of my D Drive, everything such as the Icons load in for all the folders up until the...
  8. File explorer crashes after opening a file

File explorer crashes after opening a file: File explorer crashes after I open one file in explorer. The first one opens fine, but then explorer says not responding and crashes. Please help. I have tried all of the troubleshooting fixes i could find online. Clean Boot, resetting the settings in the view-options...
  9. File explorer crashes just after opening.

File explorer crashes just after opening.: I have cleared the history, unticked the boxes as recommended but it still crashes. what is the next fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashes-just-after-opening/3d007e10-8d2e-4ead-aca7-2f86ee0e4814"
  10. File Explorer keeps hanging and crashing and not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer keeps hanging and crashing and not opening: Totally frustrated. I am a SW developer for the last 20 years... And I cannot open the w10 file explorer without it being crashed or hanged. Sometimes windows will be kind and open it when right clicking and sometimes not. This is totally unbelievable. I even don't feel...