Windows 10: HELP MY FRIEND!!! WANNACRY IS BACK!

Discus and support HELP MY FRIEND!!! WANNACRY IS BACK! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft, can you help my Friend? In my Facebook group, I have a member whose laptop is infected with the "Wannacry" ransomware. I don't know... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DjaHa1, Sep 19, 2020.

1. DjaHa1 Win User

HELP MY FRIEND!!! WANNACRY IS BACK!

Hello Microsoft, can you help my Friend? In my Facebook group, I have a member whose laptop is infected with the "Wannacry" ransomware. I don't know whether he actually downloaded the ransomware on purpose, or not. But I think the "Wannacry" Ransomware is back. Can you guys help my friend? I am also afraid that my laptop is infected with this ransomware.

Sorry For Bad English

HELP MY FRIEND!!! WANNACRY IS BACK! 774cf0fa-9d86-45b1-b2d2-9253eb8dffef?upload=true.png

Look, the laptop camera is on. He also said that he did not run any programs that required camera permission, it is possible that the ransomware gave camera access to the perpetrators who created the ransomware.

:)

DjaHa1, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Sholnay Win User

Windows 10 versions not affected by wannacry

Thanks for the reply and I take security seriously and thankfully am not a click happy user as you mention. Though, with something like WannaCry, I'm at the mercy of ANY click happy user who is on the same network as I am.

After looking in to this more, I believe my personal machine running windows 10, even though they are not updated to the latest version of windows, are patched and safe from WannaCry.

For anyone else trying to figure this out on windows 10:

• Click on start icon
    • Type "winver" and hit enter, this opens the windows version dialog box.
    • Take note of your windows version AND OS build number.
    • If your Windows Version # is 1703
      • You are protected against this current exploit.
    • If your Windows Version # is 1607:
      • Check if your OS build number is equal or greater than 14393.953
      • If greater, you should be protected from the current WannaCry exploit.
      • If it's not, you should upgrade
    • If your windows version # is less than 1607, upgrade immediately.

More information about the KB fix for WannaCry exploit on Windows 10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4013429/windows-10-update-kb4013429

Sholnay, Sep 19, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 19, 2020
  4. HELP MY FRIEND!!! WANNACRY IS BACK!

Wannacry

Is wannacry still active and what to do if you get infected

AnzheHuang, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

HELP MY FRIEND!!! WANNACRY IS BACK!

1. HELP MY FRIEND!!! WANNACRY IS BACK! - Similar Threads - HELP FRIEND WANNACRY

2. Need help for a friend in a pickle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help for a friend in a pickle: My friend wants to buy minecraft, he has a MacBook but will soon be getting a Windows PC. Can he buy the game once, and be able to download and play on his MacBook for now, and then download it again without paying on his PC?Basically, is it possible to purchase minecraft...
  3. My Computer affected with WannaCry Ransomware URGENT HELP!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Computer affected with WannaCry Ransomware URGENT HELP!!: How do i remove this ransomware safely without removing data? URGENT HELP!!! im need to finish my work project!!!! my works files is inaccessible!!!!...
  4. Helping a friend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Helping a friend: My friends laptop keeps turning of on its own some times is this a problem wth the laptop or the os? submitted by /u/Soybouy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iy371n/helping_a_friend/
  5. Help with Adding Friends to World

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with Adding Friends to World: My son can't add friends to his Minecraft world. It says it's due to security settings. I don't know how to fix to allow him. Please help. Thanks in advance....
  6. Still vulnerable to WannaCry

Still vulnerable to WannaCry: I am currently on Windows 10 N version 1803 (OS Build 17134.191) I've run the windows updater and installed all updates that were offered, but when using the EternalBlues tool that checks for vulnerabilities it still shows that I am vulnerable. Is there a specific patch that...
  7. Wannacry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wannacry: Is wannacry still active and what to do if you get infected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wannacry/05152dfd-e08d-4e70-a206-bd0ccf1e4626
  8. WannaCry

WannaCry: I saw on TV that the WannaCry Ransom Virus will be blocked if your Windows Updates are up-to-date. Which upgrade do I need stop the latest ransom from England or where ever? I just received my last Update around 5/11/2017. The only thing different, that I see, is that...
  9. Useful WannaCry Information

Useful WannaCry Information: I thought with WannaCry making the news at the moment we should have a thread with useful videos, articles, news and links in one place so members can link to it and users can refer to it. I'll start off with a collection of useful videos. RGCj3PhMPlI OLxKftAuv5M...
  10. WannaCry protection

WannaCry protection: By using a online free email service (such as Hotmail or Gmail) instead of the direct email provided by an ISP, am I protected from malaware such as the new WannaCry trojan horse malaware? This virus spreads thru attachments in email. Do the major free email services...