Windows 10: Help my Google Chrome immediately closed after launching,

Discus and support Help my Google Chrome immediately closed after launching, in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m on windows insider build 2004, after opening chrome it immediately closes, I can’t uninstall it, and I event tried installing it again. It also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tarnut, Apr 20, 2020.

1. /u/tarnut Win User

Help my Google Chrome immediately closed after launching,

I’m on windows insider build 2004, after opening chrome it immediately closes, I can’t uninstall it, and I event tried installing it again. It also happens to update in ge force experience.

submitted by /u/tarnut
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tarnut, Apr 20, 2020

2. can't close googel chrome ???

There is a setting in Google Chrome that allows it to continue running various tasks in the background after you have closed the browser window. If this is allowed in your Google Chrome settings, then it can indeed be running even when there is no visible
    window. Personally, I don't allow Google Chrome to continue running in the background/ But that is for you to decide. To solve your immediate problem though, I suggest you turn off (don't allow) this option at least temporarily:

1. Start Google Chrome. There should of course be a visible browser window.
    2. Access the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the three dots at the top right corner of the browser window (it's just below the standard Microsoft icons to minimize maximize and close the window).
    3. Select "Settings" from that menu. Some basic Google Chrome settings should be displayed in the browser.
    4. Go to the bottom of the "Basic Settings" page and click on "Advanced".
    5. Locate the "System" group within the "Advanced Settings". Its near the bottom of this second settings page.
    6. One of the "System" settings is "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed".

Turn this option OFF by sliding its little button to the left.
    7. Close the Google Chrome browser.
    There should now be no complaints about Google Chrome still running when you think it isn't.

If you would like to re-enable this feature later, just follow the same 7 Step procedure above.

Of course to re-enable the feature, replace "Turn this option OFF" in Step 6 with "Turn this option
    ON
    ".

I hope this helps.

Christopher Jeffrey Benson, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Help my Google Chrome immediately closed after launching,

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Help my Google Chrome immediately closed after launching,

1. Help my Google Chrome immediately closed after launching, - Similar Threads - Help Google Chrome

2. Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.: I have had LOTS of issues trying to launch Google Chrome and Firefox. Whenever I launch the browser it instantly closes within 1-2 seconds. I've messed with MSConfig and disabling and enabling non-windows services to try and stop the interference but it didn't work. I then...
  3. Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.: I have had LOTS of issues trying to launch Google Chrome and Firefox. Whenever I launch the browser it instantly closes within 1-2 seconds. I've messed with MSConfig and disabling and enabling non-windows services to try and stop the interference but it didn't work. I then...
  4. After signing my new laptop to microsoft account. Chrome launch and close immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After signing my new laptop to microsoft account. Chrome launch and close immediately.: Had a new laptop with Windows 11, created an account with Microsoft online login. After onedrive sync the desktops, documents and pictures folders. Chrome is not able to launch properly. When I double click on Chrome, it launch and close immediately. I do not have this issue...
  5. After signing my new laptop to microsoft account. Chrome launch and close immediately.

After signing my new laptop to microsoft account. Chrome launch and close immediately.: Had a new laptop with Windows 11, created an account with Microsoft online login. After onedrive sync the desktops, documents and pictures folders. Chrome is not able to launch properly. When I double click on Chrome, it launch and close immediately. I do not have this issue...
  6. Google chrome immediately crashes when launched.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google chrome immediately crashes when launched.: Hello, my google chrome instantly crashes when i double-click on it.When i launch it from a different window user on the same computer, it works.Im on windows 10.When i spam click on it, it works after a dozen of clicks and starts a single tab, then it crashes whenever it...
  7. Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching

Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching: Windows Version Number: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.330) Recently I became annoyed with restrictive permissions in C:\Program Files. I changed the permissions for C:\ to only contain user Everyone with Full Control permissions. I changed the Owner in Advanced Permissions to...
  8. Google Chrome not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome not launching: I cannot launch Chrome from my Surface Pro/Windows 10. Tried uninstalling, but it says it's already open which it is not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-not-launching/60ef656b-8b87-4017-a472-0a5375c345c0
  9. Command prompt closes immediately after launching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command prompt closes immediately after launching: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ledgerthemain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/docmt1/command_prompt_closes_immediately_after_launching/
  10. Skype closes immediately after launching

Skype closes immediately after launching: Hi, I just asked Cortana to open Skype, so she did, and when Skype showed the loading it immediately closed itself. I don't really have too much information, other than this is a Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17738.1000, according to the "About" tab in the settings....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome windows 10 tries to open but immediately closes

2. windows 10 home chrome opens immediately closes

3. chrome closing automatically after launching

4. goog;e chrome opens then closes immediately