Windows 10: Help my headphones microphone is not getting detected

Discus and support Help my headphones microphone is not getting detected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently bought some new headphones and I wanted to use the microphone on my laptop. It's supposed to work but when I go to device manager it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DrDoge64, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Help my headphones microphone is not getting detected

I recently bought some new headphones and I wanted to use the microphone on my laptop. It's supposed to work but when I go to device manager it doesn't detect microphone at all. The microphone works properly on my Nintendo switch so I know its not broken. I've tried many fixes and none of them work. Please help

submitted by /u/DrDoge64
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DrDoge64, Sep 3, 2020
  2. sergO3 Win User

Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

Help my headphones microphone is not getting detected [​IMG]

ed.

sergO3, Sep 3, 2020
  3. PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected

Hello @quest,

Welcome to TenForums!

See if one of these works . . .

Change Default Audio Device

[1] Open Settings.
    [2] Goto System --> Sound.
    [3] Under Sound, click the Choose your output device drop down menu [ right-hand side ].
    [4] Select the required output device from the drop down list.
    [5] You might need to restart the App [ like audio players ] for the change to be implemented.

Enable or Disable Microphone

[1] Open Settings.
    [3] Under Input, click the Choose your input device drop down menu [ right-hand side ].
    [4] Select your microphone from the drop down list.
    [6] Click on the Device properties link [ just below ].
    [7] Under Device properties, uncheck Disable [ if it is checked ].
    [8] You might need to restart the App [ like audio players ] for the change to be implemented.

Also check that you have access set to On in Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

How to Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Microphone in Windows 10

Make sure that the Headphones are set as Enabled

[1] Right-click the speaker icon in the notification area.
    [2] Click Sound Settings.
    [3] Click Manage sound devices.
    [4] Check if the headphones are under the Disabled list.
    [5] If they are, select them.
    [6] Click Enable.
    [6] Try the headphones again.

Enable or Disable Sound Output Device

[1] Open Settings.
    [3] Under Output, click the Choose your output device drop down menu [ right-hand side ].
    [4] Click on the Device properties link [ just below ].
    [5] Under Device properties, uncheck Disable [ if it is checked ].
    [6] You might need to restart the App [ like audio players ] for the change to be implemented.

I hope this helps!

Paul Black, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Help my headphones microphone is not getting detected

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Help my headphones microphone is not getting detected

1. Help my headphones microphone is not getting detected - Similar Threads - Help headphones microphone

2. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone is being detected as headphones: Hello! I try to connect my Bower microphone from Bower's Vlogger Pro Kit to my Windows 10 laptop. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager and I can't control any of its properties. When I try to play audio while the microphone is plugged in, it seems that Windows is trying...
  3. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is being detected as headphones: Hello! I try to connect my Bower microphone from Bower's Vlogger Pro Kit to my Windows 10 laptop. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager and I can't control any of its properties. When I try to play audio while the microphone is plugged in, it seems that Windows is trying...
  4. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-please-my-headphones-are-being-detected-as/b3c8378f-265c-467c-a6a6-5856ceb55e02
  6. Headphone And Microphone Jack Not getting Detected

Headphone And Microphone Jack Not getting Detected: My PC Specs Sony Vaio E sereis Windows 10 2004 Model - SVE1513cynb 3GB RAM Audio Chipset - Maybe Realtek When using Microsoft HD Audio Driver both Jack don't get detected But when I use Realtek HD Audio Driver Headphone Jack gets detected but when I put in headphone...
  7. PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected

PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected: New PC built: - Windows 10 version 2004 - Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 2600 - Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - Monitor: Samsung UE590 Problem: My PC only detects my monitor as an audio device. It doesn't show my headset or microphone as and audio device...
  8. Headphones microphone not detected

Headphones microphone not detected: Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3 [img] [img] [img] [img] ed....
  9. Headphones microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphones microphone not detected: Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3 [img] [img] [img] [img] ed....
  10. Help! My PC isn't detecting my headphones and microphones!

Help! My PC isn't detecting my headphones and microphones!: Okay, lets start. So last week I decided to do some cable management and adding some sweet RGB strips into my PC. A while after installation, say a day or two, I notice my Front Panel audio and microphone ports aren't playing back any sound or recording anything. I followed...