Windows 10: Help! My hp computer crashed after windows 10 update and hard drive no longer works.

Discus and support Help! My hp computer crashed after windows 10 update and hard drive no longer works. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i did my update as recommended and after it did my computer would turn on but wouldnt go past a black/blue screen. They told me that its my hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vero83121, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Vero83121 Win User

Help! My hp computer crashed after windows 10 update and hard drive no longer works.

So i did my update as recommended and after it did my computer would turn on but wouldnt go past a black/blue screen. They told me that its my hard drive that it is no longer good. Im kinda at a point where I just dont know what to do to buy a new hard drive or not

:)

Vero83121, Mar 3, 2021

2. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Samsung M3 portable hard drive not getting recognised on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive on the computer?
    • Are you logged into the Administrator Account while assigning the driver letter to the external hard drive?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to update all the pending Windows updates and also try to reinstall the hard drive driver in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update all the pending Windows updates in the computer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Choose Update & security >
    Windows Update
    >Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the Hard drive as suggested in the previous post. Also you can run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Step 3: Then try to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the hard drive is getting recgonized in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Please get back to us with an update on issue in connecting External hard drive into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 3, 2021
  4. chispy Win User

Help! My hp computer crashed after windows 10 update and hard drive no longer works.

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Help! My hp computer crashed after windows 10 update and hard drive no longer works. - Similar Threads - Help computer crashed

2. Computer no longer recognizes hard drives.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer no longer recognizes hard drives.: Computer froze and i had to do a "hard reboot" and now won't load. Can get to DOS prompt when couldn't do system repair or restore and now system cannot find either hard drive....
  3. Windows 10 update crashed my hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update crashed my hard drive: I just called Microsoft and they said they would put me on hold to check on the problem from there end and then they hang up in my face.... 2 days ago my PC was running perfectly, smooth, no problems. then I updated windows 10 because there were supposedly important updates...
  4. Hard Drive Crashed after update installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hard Drive Crashed after update installed: I had to do a fresh install after my hard drive crashed due to a pushed Windows 10 update. I tried EVERYTHING before doing a clean install, I had no other options. 1. So after installing & being devastated I lost my files, I logged into my Microsoft account but my desktop...
  5. What if my computer's hard drive crashed?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What if my computer's hard drive crashed?: I have recently upgraded my ASUS G73SW-XN2 laptop to windows 10 from windows 7. Having purchased a copy from the Microsoft website that led me to receive a physical USB with a CD key for windows 10 home 64bit. My question is: in the event that my hard drive was to crash, that...
  6. Envy HP beats audio computer. The hard drive crashed.

Envy HP beats audio computer. The hard drive crashed.: This may be a rather complex question. Maybe not. I have an Envy HP beats audio comoputer. The hard drive crashed. I bought a new one and installed it. Can anyone help me install all of the necessary stuff I need to run Win 10 64 bit? i Downloaded the Win software onto a USB...
  7. Windows update righteously borked my hard drive, and my computer will no longer boot

Windows update righteously borked my hard drive, and my computer will no longer boot: Windows 10, 32gb ram, 1t nvme drive, i7 All was going well, and as I shut down my machine, I got the message "you must update to the latest version, or risk losing support" so I chose the install updates and shut down option. I came back a few hours later, and it was stuck...
  8. Help trying to reinstall windows 10 after hard drive crash

Help trying to reinstall windows 10 after hard drive crash: I had a laptop that came with windows 8 pro installed. When Microsoft offered the free upgrade to windows 10, I accepted that offer. I have no original windows 10 disk. I kept the installation regularly updated, but never made a rescue disk. When my hard drive crashed, I ran...
  9. External Hard Drives no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drives no longer working: Hi, having some really frustrating issues with my laptop and had to create a profile on this site as nothing seems to be working. I have an Acer Aspire running Windows 10 (version 1511, OS Build 10586.36). I have been travelling for a while so haven't updated for quite some...
  10. External hard drive crashing after updating to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive crashing after updating to windows 10: Previously had windows 7 and all my steam games on my external hard drive. Everything ran fine! I did a fresh install of windows 10 leaving behind nothing on the external drive or my main hard drive, I formatted and reinstalled my games. Now randomly windows will make...