Windows 10: HELP! MY LAPTOP FACTORY RESET BY ITSELF!

Discus and support HELP! MY LAPTOP FACTORY RESET BY ITSELF! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I'm Dalila. So this morning when I'm trying to turn on my laptop by key in my password, it says that "windows problem.... need to sign out"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nekohime1303, May 30, 2020.

1. HELP! MY LAPTOP FACTORY RESET BY ITSELF!

Hello. I'm Dalila. So this morning when I'm trying to turn on my laptop by key in my password, it says that "windows problem.... need to sign out" something like that because I just woke up from sleep and need to do some report. Last time I used my laptop was three days ago. I'm using Lenovo ideapad 310 with Windows 10. Two accounts were sign in one was my personal and administrator, the second one was my work account

Then my second attempt was re-key in my password. As soon as I turn on my laptop, I know that something is definitely wrong on my screen. My usual wallpaper turned into the original windows wallpaper blue.

Every, single, thing pictures, documents, software etc except for the Antivirus, Lightwork software video editing apps and the default apps in the laptop have been wipe out completely. And I was like "OH MY GOSH. DID I DO THAT UNCONSCIOUSLY?!"

What should I do? Can I restore everything to the point where it last back up? I had a back up in my hard disk but it's a few weeks ago. HELP ME T^T

:)

nekohime1303, May 30, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 30, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 30, 2020
  4. HELP! MY LAPTOP FACTORY RESET BY ITSELF!

HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• How are you trying to reset your pc to factory setting?

As you have a laptop, ensure that the laptop is not running on battery and the power cable is plugged in to the socket.

Let us follow the steps suggested by “Babu V” in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”: Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Srimadhwa B, May 30, 2020
Thema:

HELP! MY LAPTOP FACTORY RESET BY ITSELF!

1. HELP! MY LAPTOP FACTORY RESET BY ITSELF! - Similar Threads - HELP LAPTOP FACTORY

2. My laptop suddenly factory reset by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop suddenly factory reset by itself: My laptop was on sleep mode before this happened. When I opened it and left it on lockscreen mode, it suddenly rebooted and then said “Resetting this PC”. Now, I’m stuck in the Windows Repair Environment. I tried doing Reset PC then Keep my files, but it didn’t work. I cannot...
  3. My laptop suddenly factory reset by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop suddenly factory reset by itself: My laptop was on sleep mode before this happened. When I opened it and left it on lockscreen mode, it suddenly rebooted and then said “Resetting this PC”. Now, I’m stuck in the Windows Repair Environment. I tried doing Reset PC then Keep my files, but it didn’t work. I cannot...
  4. My Laptop Reset Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Reset Itself: When I booted up my laptop today, it waited a little bit at the log on screen saying 'Preparing Windows"When It logged on, My desktop, Personal User folder Files, Pre-installed Apps, 3rd party app settings, Explorer Folder Options settings, Themes were gone. And disabled...
  5. My Laptop Reset Itself

My Laptop Reset Itself: When I booted up my laptop today, it waited a little bit at the log on screen saying 'Preparing Windows"When It logged on, My desktop, Personal User folder Files, Pre-installed Apps, 3rd party app settings, Explorer Folder Options settings, Themes were gone. And disabled...
  6. My laptop surface pro 4 keeps factory resetting itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop surface pro 4 keeps factory resetting itself: This has happened at least 5 times in the past year, and it's becoming a massive issue considering I'm going into year 11 next year. I'm running version 20H2 OS Build 19042.1165 on the education thing from my school. My computer freezes and doesn't accept any input whatsoever...
  7. My laptop surface pro 4 keeps factory resetting itself

My laptop surface pro 4 keeps factory resetting itself: This has happened at least 5 times in the past year, and it's becoming a massive issue considering I'm going into year 11 next year. I'm running version 20H2 OS Build 19042.1165 on the education thing from my school. My computer freezes and doesn't accept any input whatsoever...
  8. My laptop surface pro 4 keeps factory resetting itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Computer factory reset itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer factory reset itself: Hello, my PC froze, and I could not even CTRL ALT DEL out of it. My only option was to hold down the power button and hard reboot. Upon restart, I logged into my user profile as per usual, only to find a completely fresh user profile, no files no apps not even my drivers. I...
  10. Factory Resetting my laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Factory Resetting my laptop?: The main issue is that my Lenovo laptop's speakers no longer work because a pseudo-IT Dude at my high school didn't actually know how to fix it and wound up using up even more space on my drive with who knows what. On top of that installed drivers that don't work. So:...