Windows 10: Help my laptop is acting slow and I do not know what to do !?

Discus and support Help my laptop is acting slow and I do not know what to do !? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need my laptop now to study but it is so slow its unbearable for me to use, I cant figure out whether or not it is possible to sort it. If not I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ionicthought, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Help my laptop is acting slow and I do not know what to do !?

I need my laptop now to study but it is so slow its unbearable for me to use, I cant figure out whether or not it is possible to sort it. If not I would get a new one if it is I need to know how to fix it, I have had this laptop for about 6 years.

The main problem I think is that the disk in the task manager is almost always at 100% which why I think is the explanation as to why it is so slow. Can anyone help me?

submitted by /u/ionicthought
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ionicthought, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Feb 7, 2020
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Feb 7, 2020
  4. SunnyK Win User

Help my laptop is acting slow and I do not know what to do !?

New Laptop Help, Please.

What about MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50? THey are light, portable and powerful... also both are 15" and in your budget. *Toast :toast:

SunnyK, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Help my laptop is acting slow and I do not know what to do !?

1. Help my laptop is acting slow and I do not know what to do !? - Similar Threads - Help laptop acting

2. My Laptop blackscreens and I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop blackscreens and I don't know what to do: Hi, so I was the middle of something then my PC shut down.The screen went dark and everything else was powered. I proceeded to Force a Shutdown to restart it. I got a screen that said OS didn't shut down properly so I waited amd clicked esc. I waited another 10 mins or so and...
  3. what do I do know?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do I do know?: what should I do if I contacted them and they added network security to my computer and I sent them a check for $641.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-know/cb785e3e-38e3-46fa-8cae-2cba037b5478
  4. what do I do know?

what do I do know?: what should I do if I contacted them and they added network security to my computer and I sent them a check for $641.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-know/cb785e3e-38e3-46fa-8cae-2cba037b5478
  5. what do I do know?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. My pc is acting weird and I don’t know what to do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is acting weird and I don’t know what to do.: Recently my pc has not been letting me completely get into it. It has been giving me the error code blinitializing library failed 0x00000001 and other times it has given me 0x0000185. I have tried fully resetting my pc but the load process would be interrupted and not go...
  7. My pc is acting weird and I don’t know what to do.

My pc is acting weird and I don’t know what to do.: Recently my pc has not been letting me completely get into it. It has been giving me the error code blinitializing library failed 0x00000001 and other times it has given me 0x0000185. I have tried fully resetting my pc but the load process would be interrupted and not go...
  8. Help! Don’t know what to do!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help! Don’t know what to do!: Please help. I didn’t change my password but can’t log in anymore. Pin isn’t working too! And can’t reset! I guess it’s because I’m sign in with my Microsoft account vs local?...
  9. Help! Don’t know what to do!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Don’t know what to do!: Please help. I didn’t change my password but can’t log in anymore. Pin isn’t working too! And can’t reset! I guess it’s because I’m sign in with my Microsoft account vs local?...
  10. Help! Don’t know what to do!