Windows 10: Help My laptop powers on but screen is black

Discus and support Help My laptop powers on but screen is black in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Help i have an Asus Zenbook Deluxe UX490UA and my screen isn’t powering on it’s just black the laptop it self is on power indication makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GreySilence, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Help My laptop powers on but screen is black

Help i have an Asus Zenbook Deluxe UX490UA

and my screen isn’t powering on it’s just black the laptop it self is on power indication makes notification sounds and Capslock sounds but the screen is just black ive had it since 13th of October and have not dropped it once and defintely not spilled any water on it

last it was K was Thursday night ( I’m writing this Saturday night) and have not used it since then I simply closed the lid like usual and left it on charge havent touched it since then and now when I go to use it the screen is just black Please help

:)

GreySilence, Jul 6, 2019

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Help My laptop powers on but screen is black

Black Screen after loggin into laptop

Hi,

A black screen can sometimes occur if fast startup is enabled. We suggest disabling fast startup by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power button does.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.
    • Restart your computer.

Given all the troubleshooting steps that you've already done, if the issue still persists after this, we recommend that you use installation media to reset your computer by following the steps

here
    . This will remove apps and drivers but lets you keep your personal files.

Let us know if you still get the black screen after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Help My laptop powers on but screen is black

1. Help My laptop powers on but screen is black - Similar Threads - Help laptop powers

2. I need help with my laptop, black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my laptop, black screen with cursor: So, today I tried to open my laptop. I opened it and wanted to open Steam to play something, but it doesnt work. After 1 minute, where I could just move the cursor, my laptop got a black screen with cursor. Nothing works, I searched youtube, google, and doesnt work. Not even...
  3. laptop has black screen and won't power off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop has black screen and won't power off.: When I opened my laptop, the screen wouldn't turn on, but the power button was blinking. I tried to turn off the laptop by holding down the power button, but it wouldn't power off. I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 14ALG7....
  4. laptop has black screen and won't power off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop has black screen and won't power off.: When I opened my laptop, the screen wouldn't turn on, but the power button was blinking. I tried to turn off the laptop by holding down the power button, but it wouldn't power off. I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 14ALG7....
  5. Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up: [IMG][IMG]I shut down my laptop after the screen started getting weird black bars around it and when I started it up it showed either just a black lit up screen or a black lit up screen with the glitched block in the middle. The cursor also shows up and can be moved around...
  6. Help my laptop is on black screen with no cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my laptop is on black screen with no cursor: This started when I clicked go back to previous build. And after it boots into windows but it's just a black screen with no cursor. But when I connect a usb. The notification sound can be heard. Can anyone help submitted by /u/ThisIsSparta__300 [link] [comments]...
  7. HP Laptop Powers On & Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Powers On & Screen Goes Black: A friend of my brother's has asked me to look and see if I can fix his HP Laptop that he just bought at Walmart. He told me over the phone that it will boot up/power up but the screen eventually goes black after it's powered on. I will have the computer on Tuesday. I am...
  8. Not able to power on the laptop it ends up in a black screen

Not able to power on the laptop it ends up in a black screen: I am not able to power on my laptop. Everytime i start the laptop it shows all the boot up things including the windows logo and the rotating dots and after that ends up showing a black screen with only a blue rotating cursor..i am able to hear the windows startup sound but...
  9. Black screen after unplugging power cord help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after unplugging power cord help: I unplugged the power cord to move my pc somewhere else in my house and when it started up, there was a black screen with windows logo but no loading dots please tell me how to fix this [IMG]...
  10. Black screen in my laptop

Black screen in my laptop: So today I turned on my laptop. Everything was doing fine until the screen was black. If you're wondering how I got this I pressed Ctrl+Shift+Esc (Task Manager) and opened a file location, then I got all of my data, so my PC isn't encrypted, I got all of the normal apps, but...