Windows 10: HELP! My laptop ran out of power...everything is slow, my desktop looked messed...

Discus and support HELP! My laptop ran out of power...everything is slow, my desktop looked messed... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; TBH I don't know what is really happening. Basically all my data is actually still on the original C drive now it's the "D" drive so it's not too big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kitten-versus-world, Nov 27, 2020.

1. HELP! My laptop ran out of power...everything is slow, my desktop looked messed...

TBH I don't know what is really happening. Basically all my data is actually still on the original C drive now it's the "D" drive so it's not too big of a tragedy...but, as per the title, my laptop logged into the wrong account for whatever reason it's of an outlook account that I'm pretty sure I deleted a while ago. Basically the primary drive now seems like the 2nd drive the one I installed. I've been using the laptop for months with no issues.

It all happened when my laptop shut off after it ran out of power which has happened a few times before but never with this happening.

I've looked up the accounts on the computer and tbh I can't find the original.

The only hint I have as to the issue is that while I THOUGHT I changed it to another account altogether the one I'm using to post this now, it's acting like my school account is the only other user account available...which was the original email I used before I again changed it.

What i don't understand was that my school account was deactivated over a month ago and it has been working just fine.

:)

Kitten-versus-world, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Nov 27, 2020
  3. suraswami Win User
    Laptop or Desktop for Music production?

My brother's BIL is into music composition and audition etc. He is looking to buy a new system (or build one). He was asking me if a Laptop will suffice for recording his compositions with good quality audio and video. He was looking to buy a i5 or i7 based Quad core + dedicated graphics powered laptop (with 8GB ram + 500GB Hdd). I suggested to build a Desktop powered with i5/i7 + dedicated grarphics and buy a real good $100 sound card and good headset. May be go little cheaper and build a AMD Quad/Hex based desktop.

Is a Laptop good enough or desktop is better?

If laptop suggest me few good ones. Looking for a mid-range priced ones (about $800).

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Nov 27, 2020
  4. HELP! My laptop ran out of power...everything is slow, my desktop looked messed...

My laptop upgraded to Windows 10 and now it's been stuck on the blue shutting down screen for days. Help.

Hi,

As per the screen shot that you have send, I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop. To do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

HELP! My laptop ran out of power...everything is slow, my desktop looked messed...

1. HELP! My laptop ran out of power...everything is slow, my desktop looked messed... - Similar Threads - HELP laptop ran

2. My laptop is slow on battery power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is slow on battery power: For example, when I'm playing games or just watching something when it's plugged in it works fine but when it's on battery power it turns super slow. I have tried various methods such as updating my device, turning off the power saver, and various other methods but they don't...
  3. My laptop is slow on battery power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is slow on battery power: For example, when I'm playing games or just watching something when it's plugged in it works fine but when it's on battery power it turns super slow. I have tried various methods such as updating my device, turning off the power saver, and various other methods but they don't...
  4. Powering on my laptop powers on my desktop - how to stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powering on my laptop powers on my desktop - how to stop this?: So I have a laptop Windows 10 and a desktop PC Windows 11 both under the same Microsoft account. For some reason whenever I power on my laptop, my PC turns on by itself at the same time. Obviously this is super annoying, not helpful at all, and a waste of energy when I'm...
  5. Powering on my laptop powers on my desktop - how to stop this?

Powering on my laptop powers on my desktop - how to stop this?: So I have a laptop Windows 10 and a desktop PC Windows 11 both under the same Microsoft account. For some reason whenever I power on my laptop, my PC turns on by itself at the same time. Obviously this is super annoying, not helpful at all, and a waste of energy when I'm...
  6. Help on this website messed up my laptop

Help on this website messed up my laptop: I was trying to fix a problem and someone gave me this:"Copy these commands and paste them into Powershell. First, right-click on the Powershell side to enter Administrator Mode.1 launch powershell in Modo from Administrador2 Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted3 Get-AppXPackage...
  7. Help on this website messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help on this website messed up my laptop: I was trying to fix a problem and someone gave me this:"Copy these commands and paste them into Powershell. First, right-click on the Powershell side to enter Administrator Mode.1 launch powershell in Modo from Administrador2 Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted3 Get-AppXPackage...
  8. Help! My laptop ran out of power and when it logged in, my old account was missing, it...

Help! My laptop ran out of power and when it logged in, my old account was missing, it...: ...but all my data is still present for whatever reason. It's running quite slowly, however, and I keep trying to figure out how to log into the other account to no avail. The only lead I have is that I THINK the original account I was using for this laptop used to be my...
  9. My laptop is slow after power on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop is slow after power on.: Hello everyone, I have the usual problem that has bored me for many years. Every time I change the operating system for a while it goes well then it always slows down. It bothers me in the boot phase. Many minutes pass before it is operational. Is it possible that there...
  10. my desktop system is very slow with everything

my desktop system is very slow with everything: my desktop settingand downloads are all running slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-system-is-very-slow-with-everything/b4ed4731-f4b8-4927-b771-6ac9f7ead4c9