Windows 10: Help my mouse stops registering clicks after login

Discus and support Help my mouse stops registering clicks after login in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When booting up my pc at first my mouse works at the login screen, but after entering my password and logging in it stops working after 5 seconds or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MightBeWrongThough, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Help my mouse stops registering clicks after login

When booting up my pc at first my mouse works at the login screen, but after entering my password and logging in it stops working after 5 seconds or so, i can still move the cursor around, but neither right or left click will work. I've tried rebooting countless times, replugging the mouse and trying a new usb on my desktop all to no avail, ive also tried to use the mouse on my laptop where it works without any flaws.

submitted by /u/MightBeWrongThough
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MightBeWrongThough, Aug 2, 2020

2. Mouse not registering clicks* after WATCHDOG VIOLATION bluescreen

For the asterisk: the mouse register clicks in the lock screen and about 1-2 seconds after the home screen appear, after that no click is registered. The mouse moves and the computer do know when i'm hovering over things. The mouse works fine and i tried
    it with other devices. This all happened after i turn the PC up from sleep and it freezes into a watchdog violation bluescreen.

Pleases help. Thank you.

TuanNguyen01, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Help my mouse stops registering clicks after login

Mouse not registering all clicks and sensitivity dropping

Hi,

This issue likely occurs if the driver needs to be updated. Since you recently purchased and installed a new mouse, it's possible that the necessary driver for it is not yet installed, or the driver might be incompatible or corrupted. We'd like to know the
    following so we can better assist you.

• What's the make and model of your mouse?
    • Is the issue the same with a different mouse?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when connecting the mouse on a different device?

Meanwhile, to troubleshoot your mouse issue, we suggest running the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. It will try to identify and resolve the issue automatically. To do so, please refer to these steps:

• From the Start menu, type troubleshooting and press
      Enter.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, click Configure a device and then click
      Next. Wait for the scan to be completed.

Afterwards, if the issue persists, we recommend updating the mouse driver.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Help my mouse stops registering clicks after login

1. Help my mouse stops registering clicks after login - Similar Threads - Help mouse stops

2. My mouse takes multiple clicks for it to register.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse takes multiple clicks for it to register.: My mouse presumably after April 5th has suddenly required me to click at least four times max, I've tried disabling it and reenabling it, moving the USB into a different port, if you need to know what device I'm using, it is a Windows 11 HP Laptop with an Amazon basics mouse....
  3. My mouse takes multiple clicks for it to register.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse takes multiple clicks for it to register.: My mouse presumably after April 5th has suddenly required me to click at least four times max, I've tried disabling it and reenabling it, moving the USB into a different port, if you need to know what device I'm using, it is a Windows 11 HP Laptop with an Amazon basics mouse....
  4. Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering: I was using my laptop yesterday watching Netflix and it was working perfectly fine and then I had to go do something so I paused it, and shut my laptop. Came back a couple hours later and it’s frozen on the Netflix screen not taking any inputs so I shut it off. However when I...
  5. Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering: I was using my laptop yesterday watching Netflix and it was working perfectly fine and then I had to go do something so I paused it, and shut my laptop. Came back a couple hours later and it’s frozen on the Netflix screen not taking any inputs so I shut it off. However when I...
  6. Mouse click registering issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse click registering issues: So I woke up today and went to use my asus windows 10 pc but noticed my mouse clicks are not registering half the time neither are they maintaining (if i hold click, half the time it counts as just a click). I tried resetting it and using it in different ports: nothing...
  7. My mouse clicks stop registering after sign in, or shortly after accessing the home screen.

My mouse clicks stop registering after sign in, or shortly after accessing the home screen.: My stats: My OS build is 19041.685 I just bought a new mouse for my pc, a Corsair Dark Core SE, and I wanted to try it out. So I start up my pc, which worked perfectly fine yesterday, and plug it in. I sign in as usual, and I open up iCue, then the mouse stops working. It...
  8. Left mouse clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left mouse clicks not registering: Hi I have been having the issue where my mouse clicks on windows 10 specifically left click will not register and it seems to be getting worse, beforehand every 1 in 4 clicks didn't register, now it seems to be more like every 3 in 4 clicks. I changed my mouse and which...
  9. Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click

Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click: For about a week my (wired) mouse has been misbehaving with clicks not registering or one click registering as multiple clicks. I then decided to hook a bluetooth mouse which shows the same problems. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers and the following....
  10. Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.

Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.: Don't really know how else to describe it, but ever since I played the Master Chief Collection on steam about an hour ago, my mouse has been basically nonfunctional. It would work on some windows, but almost all windows processes, including the Taskbar and desktop, nothing...