Windows 10: HELP! My nvidia gpu isnt showing up after updating monitor driver and "microsoft basic...

Discus and support HELP! My nvidia gpu isnt showing up after updating monitor driver and "microsoft basic... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was trying to add a brightness slider because I cant change the brightness. So I updated the monitor driver and the guy told me to update the display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/timmythebucket, Feb 18, 2021.

1. HELP! My nvidia gpu isnt showing up after updating monitor driver and "microsoft basic...

I was trying to add a brightness slider because I cant change the brightness. So I updated the monitor driver and the guy told me to update the display adapter driver. I just pressed nvidia and then updated the one he did. But now my monitor is less vibrant and runs at 1hz when its supposed to run at 144hz! I need major help please! I was updating through device manager.

submitted by /u/timmythebucket
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/timmythebucket, Feb 18, 2021

2. Laptop started using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and not my Intel and Nvidia drivers.

-Whenever i open Dxdiag, under display i shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Under the render tab, i shows my Nvidia GTX 960m.

-Whenever I open my games, it won't use the Nvidia GPU ( I have tried setting my nvidia control panel o high performance and manually added my games to the list).

-Whenever I open Device Manager -> Display Drivers, it only shows 1) Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and 2) Nvidia GTX 960m (It does not show my intel driver)

-I have tried reinsalling the drivers

-I have tries troubleshooting the drivers

PLEASE HELP.

MartinAfable, Feb 18, 2021
  3. GTX 780ti Black Screen after Windows installing first Nvidia's Driver

I got a GTX 780ti and ,after Windows 10 installs the basic and first Nvidia's Driver, the GPU starts showing black screen. It looks like as the GPU isnt working with the basic Nvidia's driver and i cannot use the GPU anymore. Is there any solution to this
    problem through windows or is some kind of GPU problem? Can someone help me?

PedroÂngelo, Feb 18, 2021
  4. HELP! My nvidia gpu isnt showing up after updating monitor driver and "microsoft basic...

NVIDIA GPU or Drivers crashing PC, now stuck on Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Any chance that someone knows how to check that my GPU is actually still functioning in this situation? Or is the fact that the Microsoft Basic Display adapter driver reads that I have a NVIDIA card mean that it is some sort of software issue?

SJRicho_87, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

HELP! My nvidia gpu isnt showing up after updating monitor driver and "microsoft basic...

1. HELP! My nvidia gpu isnt showing up after updating monitor driver and "microsoft basic... - Similar Threads - HELP nvidia gpu

2. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  3. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  4. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu: Recently bought laptop gigabyte g5 kd i5-11400h rtx3060. I installed graphic drivers, so now my graphic card shows in the list of devices, but whenever I launch a game in a fullscreen mode it looks like a slide show. When I use window mode it's pretty smooth. I've tried to...
  6. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu: Recently bought laptop gigabyte g5 kd i5-11400h rtx3060. I installed graphic drivers, so now my graphic card shows in the list of devices, but whenever I launch a game in a fullscreen mode it looks like a slide show. When I use window mode it's pretty smooth. I've tried to...
  7. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. my Nvidia gpu isnt there in graphics options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my Nvidia gpu isnt there in graphics options: [ATTACH] my drivers are up to date, my bios has no options, ive tried deleting them, ive tried through the nvidia control panel, nothing worked. its preventing me from playing mc bedrock as hd 3000 isnt supported but GT 540m is. pls help. ive had this issue for months...
  9. Nvidia GPU not showing up on Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia GPU not showing up on Device Manager: I have just built a new computer, and have installed windows 10 on it. I just today (8/8/2018) have put in a Nvidia GTX 1060 6 gb Graphics Card, and I plugged it in correctly, and power is running to it, but it is not showing up on my device manager, I have tried doing...
  10. Can't change Microsoft Basic Display Driver to my Nvidia

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't change Microsoft Basic Display Driver to my Nvidia: Hey everyone, so for the past 3 hours i've been trying to fix the issue stated in the title. I recently did a system restore and Microsoft changed my display driver to Microsoft Basic Display and I don't know how to change it. I've tried updating in windows because it shows...