Windows 10: Help my pc is acting up and I can't type anything in my browser and other programs too with...

Discus and support Help my pc is acting up and I can't type anything in my browser and other programs too with... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GoldenFish88 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GoldenFish88, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Help my pc is acting up and I can't type anything in my browser and other programs too with...

/u/GoldenFish88, Jul 23, 2020

2. I can't set my default web browser

Hi Jorin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

It is unusual that you are unable to set a default web browser.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to choose a default web browser again and check if the issue persists.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type default programs in the control panel search box and open it.

4. Click "set your default programs".

5. From the list of programs, locate Google chrome or Microsoft edge, click on it and click "set this program as my default".

6. Save the changes and check again.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 3, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Guidance needed to setup my Home PC access over Internet through browser

I wasn't giving steps on how to get RDP working, that is covered plenty of other places, I just give the steps to make it secure.

RDP. If they aren't tracking your Web browsing, I doubt they are going to track RDP.

And if you start the session from the command prompt it doesn't even put the address in the MRU list.

Though the question that needs to be asked now is, what are you using for your VM lab?

newtekie1, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Geosammy Win User

Help my pc is acting up and I can't type anything in my browser and other programs too with...

When I try opening a program on my laptop...my web browser opens too

I would check your Startup program list as well as the Task Manager.
    To see if you can identify anything unusual.
    Also, you might want to download RogueKiller and run it.

Note: I suggest that you run RogueKiller while your computer is in Safe Mode.

Geosammy, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Help my pc is acting up and I can't type anything in my browser and other programs too with...

1. Help my pc is acting up and I can't type anything in my browser and other programs too with... - Similar Threads - Help acting can't

2. Why is my pc acting up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc acting up?: So I was playing rocket league and my pc started to buy out and went to the windows tab and it started typing stuff on its own and then started to mess with stuff in my game....
  3. Why is my pc acting up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my pc acting up?: So I was playing rocket league and my pc started to buy out and went to the windows tab and it started typing stuff on its own and then started to mess with stuff in my game....
  4. Why I can't to login the device? I can't type my password or anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I can't to login the device? I can't type my password or anything: I can't to type anything on lockscreen.. like password.. It's doesn't proper working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-to-login-the-device-i-cant-type-my/47ae8157-a78d-4db5-be61-6954e47275e9
  5. I can't type anything in my search bar

in Cortana
    I can't type anything in my search bar: So recently I've had to reinstall windows on my computer because it crashed and I wasn't able to open it again. I did so by downloading the media creation tool on another computer making a recovery usb and reinstalling windows, admittedly it wasn't the cleanest recovery and I...
  6. I can't download anything with browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't download anything with browsers: Hi I can' t download anything from browsers, everytime the download starts after few second the speed drops to 0 and it says "Download Failed- Network Error". i'm on Ethernet and i've already updated the drivers. i can download games with steam, i have this problem only with...
  7. My Mouse Acts Strange in Some Programs, Normal in Others - Help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Mouse Acts Strange in Some Programs, Normal in Others - Help!: I got a huge strange problem. My mouse is not only acting erratic its behaving erratic on some programs but acting normally in others. Do I have a virus? What can I do about this? 168139
  8. My Mouse Acts Strange in Some Programs, Normal in Others - Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    My Mouse Acts Strange in Some Programs, Normal in Others - Help!: I got a huge strange problem. My mouse is not only acting erratic its behaving erratic on some programs but acting normally in others. Do I have a virus? What can I do about this? 168139
  9. All my keys have become shortcuts and I can't type anything. Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my keys have become shortcuts and I can't type anything. Help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FaboAbow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtgm3z/all_my_keys_have_become_shortcuts_and_i_cant_type/
  10. I need help. Browsers acting up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help. Browsers acting up.: I'm very angry right now. Microsoft is sabotaging my PC so I can't use any browser but Edge. Any browser with Chromium stops working on my PC. I click the icon for Chrome or AVG and all I get is THIS: [ATTACH] I'm getting tired of this. I've tried to uninstall and...