Windows 10: Help! My PC is stuck on system restore!

Discus and support Help! My PC is stuck on system restore! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Long story short, my PC froze trying to restart after an update , so after hard resetting it, i decided to system restore back to before the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/leonidas2552, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Help! My PC is stuck on system restore!

Long story short, my PC froze trying to restart after an update , so after hard resetting it, i decided to system restore back to before the update just to be safe. It has been about 20-30 min and its still on this screen. What should i do? Can i cancel it? In the event i have to hard reset again, what should i do to avoid it becoming unbootable?

submitted by /u/leonidas2552
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/leonidas2552, Nov 19, 2019

2. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 19, 2019
  3. System restore stuck, help!!!

my laptop is stuck on system restore is restoring the registry for 2 hours now.. what do i do?

JohannaGoulet, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Help! My PC is stuck on system restore!

System Restore & Backup For Windows10

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

In Windows 10, we can create a system restore point and can go back to the created restore point if PC got corrupted.

You can follow the steps below to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally.

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.
    • Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    For additional information refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-system-restore-point

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Help! My PC is stuck on system restore!

1. Help! My PC is stuck on system restore! - Similar Threads - Help stuck system

2. System restore stuck on registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore stuck on registry: I did a system restore and it has been at least 6 hours and it is stuck on registry. I did a hard reset and now NOTHING!!! HELP PLEASE? ! Dee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-stuck-on-registry/c02af099-2cc9-44a8-9acc-46988011d026
  3. System restore stuck, help!!!

System restore stuck, help!!!: my laptop is stuck on system restore is restoring the registry for 2 hours now.. what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-stuck-help/c7fc7731-5238-41da-8315-7c73c987d9e7
  4. system restore stuck

system restore stuck: Hi I started a system restore but it is just hanging on restoring registry. It has been doing this for nearly 3hrs. please help thanks Val https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-stuck/4ab32b0e-206a-4a6c-95e6-e05898a804e1
  5. New System, System restore restoring registry, stuck

New System, System restore restoring registry, stuck: I've had this brand new Dell G5 15, Windows 10, for about a week. Put on all available updates. A few days ago, I created a restore point. Today, I had it restore there. It has been 3 hours and it still says "restoring the registry". I maybe added 3 programs which changed the...
  6. System Restore is stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore is stuck: Windows 10 on a very recent Dell Inspiron 17 5000 series did an automatic update this morning. After that, programs kept crashing including parts of Control Panel. I've run System Restore to return everything to yesterday. However, System Restore has been running for two...
  7. restoring my pc.

restoring my pc.: I was wondering if I need a restore disk to fresh start my computer to factory? and if I don't will I still have windows 10 home on it or will I need to download it and reinstall it>...
  8. Stuck in System Restore Mode

Stuck in System Restore Mode: my PC (windows 10), was stuck for over 2 hours “twirling” with on screen message saying files were being restored...just power off...power back on...fixed....simples!!...
  9. Help! Cannot System Restore, etc

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help! Cannot System Restore, etc: Several sudden issues (after a crash - long story) on which I'd greatly appreciate help please. Can't do a System Restore Repeatedly get a message reporting unsuccessful because couldn't access a file, and suggesting I retry after switching off anti-virsu software....
  10. Restore my pc

Restore my pc: When I try to restore my pc with delete all files and clean. I keep getting an error message with no error code. Also when I try to restore to previous date. I get an error. How can I fix this. Lez 105138