Windows 10: Help My PC Keeps Crashing During Games Not Overheating

Discus and support Help My PC Keeps Crashing During Games Not Overheating in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my PC has been crashing randomly once every few hours for the past month or so, I have had the computer for a couple of years so its not a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Grant831, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Grant831 Win User

Help My PC Keeps Crashing During Games Not Overheating

Hello, my PC has been crashing randomly once every few hours for the past month or so, I have had the computer for a couple of years so its not a new build or anything. The crashes happen exclusively when I am playing games. I can rule out overheating since I have checked both GPU and CPU temps and they are completely fine, averaging around 60c while gaming. To fix the issue I have tried running sfc /scannow to check for any corrupt windows files, I have tried installing new drivers for everything using avast driver tool, checked to see I have the most recent windows update, updated BIOS, reset my PC, scanned for viruses with multiple antivirus softwares, cleaned out my pc and reapplied thermal paste, tried using a different outlet, I tried reinstalling windows via a recovery drive to a new different hard drive, and I got new ram sticks. The crashes still happen even if I only leave those new ones in so ram is not the culprit. The crashes usually happen in games right after loading in, although sometimes they take a few hours, or other times I can go a day or two without crashes. The crashes don't show up with an error code in the event viewer, however, I did see a code 141 error that didn't accompany a crash. That specific code is a driver error and I restored my pc to before then but to no avail. Any help is appreciated and thanks for helping me with this problem I have been trying to fix it for weeks now and am all out of ideas.

My Specs are as follows:
    Intel i7 8700k
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    16 GB DDR4
    ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming LGA 115
    Windows 10

:)

Grant831, Jan 24, 2021

2. Pc keeps crashing while playing games

Hi,

Having incomplete Windows update is one of the possible reasons why your pc games keeps crashing when playing after you reinstalled the Windows 10. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, you may click the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Download all the critical updates for Windows 10. Kindly refer to the link below and follow the step provided on the link.

Windows 10 Update Assistant

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 24, 2021
  3. GPU overheating less than a minute into gaming

I opened the side of my case and put a normal fan next to it, and it was still overheating. I spoke to my old computing teacher and he suggested that it might be a power supply problem. I have a workaround by capping the games at 30 fps, but with the new DOOM game 30 fps seems to crash the game for an unknown reason, so this workaround is not universal.

sevenfolder27, Jan 24, 2021
  4. PCNOOB Win User

Help! PC crashing black screen while gaming.

Help! PC crashing black screen while gaming
    *Frown Help My PC Keeps Crashing During Games Not Overheating :(
    Already applied MX brand Thermad Compound.
    still overheating or something. not sure whats going on.
    this is when pc is not playing a game.

this is 3mins into gaming.

7mins into gaming
    fan is spinning slowly.

PCNOOB, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Help My PC Keeps Crashing During Games Not Overheating - Similar Threads - Help Keeps Crashing

2. PLEASE HELP ...... MY PC KEEPS CRASHING - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PLEASE HELP ...... MY PC KEEPS CRASHING - BSOD: PLEASE HELP..... My computer is constantly crashing and giving me the BSOD. I'm averaging maybe 15mins between crashes atm. Most BSOD codes say WHEA uncorrectable error. I have found and fixed this issue previously but this one has me stumped. Any advice would be...
  3. overheating of the pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    overheating of the pc: all in one pc is overheating while playing games what to do for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overheating-of-the-pc/478379dd-2c17-4494-b9ed-8a88adac45d3
  4. PC crashes and reboots automatically during gaming.

PC crashes and reboots automatically during gaming.: I am having an issue where my desktop computer has begun randomly crashing and restarting. It happens when I move in and out of a graphically intensive program, like a video game ex. alt tabbing out of game and back in again. The computer is on a 1000va battery backup that is...
  5. PC Keeps crashing during certain games. Event ID 10110

PC Keeps crashing during certain games. Event ID 10110: Computer keeps crashing during certain games, like "Apex Legends" and "A Plague Tale". Other games run just fine, like "Gears 5", "Hellblade", "Battlefield" and "Forza". The PC also runs fine while in other applications like Blender, entire Adobe Suite, and day-to-day tasks....
  6. Pc keeps crashing, need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc keeps crashing, need help: Hello, i just got a pc custom built at a trustworthy place where all my friends got their pcs, i have had a for a week yet it has blue screened 2-3 times. Is this normal? Should i be worried? It did it once while i was in google docs and it happened another time when i was...
  7. PC daily crashing during gaming

PC daily crashing during gaming: Hello I recently upgraded my graphics card and did a fresh install of windows 10 on my PC and am constantly getting crashes where everything freezes and then goes black and I have to manually shut off and turn on my PC. Upgraded to an AMD Radeon 5600XT. Other Specs: OS...
  8. Pc keeps crashing when playing games. Help diagnose.

Pc keeps crashing when playing games. Help diagnose.: Hi, i have a rec-curing problem which causes my pc screen to go black and crash. It can happen very frequently and is very annoying. Pc specs are as follows. AMD Ryzen 5 3600 RX 5700 XT 16gb ram These are the minidumps in my windows folder: crash dumps If anyone...
  9. PC Keeps crashing when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Keeps crashing when gaming: Hello! I'm desperate so I'm hope someone here can help me, I have had this issue for the past 1 or 2 weeks, something like that, so I bought a new computer case and my windows was updated to the latest version when I first got it, after I moved my PC over to it,...
  10. Computer crashing during games - please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing during games - please help!: Hi all, I am running the latest build of Windows 10, and I am having a problem whereby my PC will crash during games. It will hard reset itself with no warning, or it will freeze and I have no option but to hard reset it myself. It happens in more demanding games like Blops...