Windows 10: Help, my PC suddenly started getting BSODs

Discus and support Help, my PC suddenly started getting BSODs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, recently I started getting BSODs (SYSTEM THREAD NOT HANDLED and SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION). Reinstalled windows, used sfc /scannow and had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fullbox1, May 14, 2020.

1. Help, my PC suddenly started getting BSODs

Hello, recently I started getting BSODs (SYSTEM THREAD NOT HANDLED and SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION). Reinstalled windows, used sfc /scannow and had no problems for a while, but now I got another bsod, and running the scan tells me there are damaged files. I've checked my drivers and everything seems up to date. I had problems before so I've also tested my RAM using memtest, have checked my hard drive which seems to have no problems, and the rest of my hardware seems fine. Not sure why this is happening, any guidance would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/Fullbox1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fullbox1, May 14, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, May 14, 2020
  3. URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, May 14, 2020
  4. Senarium Win User

Help, my PC suddenly started getting BSODs

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Help, my PC suddenly started getting BSODs

1. Help, my PC suddenly started getting BSODs - Similar Threads - Help suddenly started

2. Suddenly getting BSOD Unexpected_Store_Exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly getting BSOD Unexpected_Store_Exception: For the past week or so I am receiving the BSOD any my computer freezes then restarts while playing games or even just sat in the lobby of games. The error code is almost always Unexpected Store Exception except once it was something about “Kernel” but only stayed on the...
  3. Suddenly getting BSOD Unexpected_Store_Exception

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly getting BSOD Unexpected_Store_Exception: For the past week or so I am receiving the BSOD any my computer freezes then restarts while playing games or even just sat in the lobby of games. The error code is almost always Unexpected Store Exception except once it was something about “Kernel” but only stayed on the...
  4. Suddenly started getting BSOD every 15 minutes or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly started getting BSOD every 15 minutes or so: XML down below, it seems to be happening at random, i cant access the dump because it fails everytime i get the BSOD- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  5. Suddenly started getting BSOD every 15 minutes or so

Suddenly started getting BSOD every 15 minutes or so: XML down below, it seems to be happening at random, i cant access the dump because it fails everytime i get the BSOD- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  6. Suddenly started getting BSOD every 15 minutes or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Suddenly getting multiple BSOD

Suddenly getting multiple BSOD: Hello,I was working today and suddenly my computer was consistently crashing. I received numerous different error codes. I have all the minidump files linked. I opened the minidump files with WinDbg, to try and see the errors, but I'm not sure what I'm exactly looking at. I'm...
  8. Suddenly getting multiple BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly getting multiple BSOD: Hello,I was working today and suddenly my computer was consistently crashing. I received numerous different error codes. I have all the minidump files linked. I opened the minidump files with WinDbg, to try and see the errors, but I'm not sure what I'm exactly looking at. I'm...
  9. Suddenly getting multiple BSOD

10. Help needed - Suddenly started having BSOD and laptop lagging

Help needed - Suddenly started having BSOD and laptop lagging: Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me out, yesterday I started having BSOD "driver verifier is disabled + kernel security check" and my laptop started to lag and freeze - I've also noticed system interrupts using a high CPU %. I've put together the mini...