Windows 10: help! my Program Files folder is on the wrong drive and i cant change the location of it!

Discus and support help! my Program Files folder is on the wrong drive and i cant change the location of it! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; About a month back me and my dad replaced hard drive on my ASUS ROG model GL502V. The previous drive in question is a ssd m2 with b+m keys. we made a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/C0sm1c_tf2, Apr 4, 2021.

1. help! my Program Files folder is on the wrong drive and i cant change the location of it!

About a month back me and my dad replaced hard drive on my ASUS ROG model GL502V. The previous drive in question is a ssd m2 with b+m keys. we made a backup of the mail drive onto my other drive before removing it. we also reinstalled windows. now I've noticed that no new Program Files folder has been created and that the older one is on my D drive. i can't just move it because (my theory, forgive me if i'm wrong) the backup is on another installation of windows, which means that the computer sees the backup and the current installation of windows as 2 different computers (or users) which means that i cant move files between them. when I try simply moving it, the computer states that i dont have access to the folder i wanna move it to. Is there any way to fix this?

submitted by /u/C0sm1c_tf2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/C0sm1c_tf2, Apr 4, 2021
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Apr 4, 2021
  3. help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

im trying to save a file to a folder located in program folder. but it says i do not have permision..... contact admin...... but i am the amdin of this computer! and it is the only account in this comp!

plzz help quick!!!!

nevermind.... got it.

HiddenStupid, Apr 4, 2021
  4. help! my Program Files folder is on the wrong drive and i cant change the location of it!

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We would require some more information to assist you better:

• What is the current location of One Drive folder? Is it the default one or have you changed it?
    • Are the files getting synchronized properly?
    If the location is default, then I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right click on One Drive folder.
    • Go to Customize tab.
    • Click on Restore default and click on
      Apply
      and then OK.
    Reply with the updated status and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

help! my Program Files folder is on the wrong drive and i cant change the location of it!

1. help! my Program Files folder is on the wrong drive and i cant change the location of it! - Similar Threads - help Program Files

2. How to change the location of "Program Files" and "Users" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the location of "Program Files" and "Users" folder: Hello everyone, my device win 11, I have a little problem, I have moved the user folder and program files from Drive :C, to Drive :D. well, I forgot how to restore or re-move program files and users data to Drive : C again, I've searched in the browser but never found the...
  3. How to change the location of "Program Files" and "Users" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the location of "Program Files" and "Users" folder: Hello everyone, my device win 11, I have a little problem, I have moved the user folder and program files from Drive :C, to Drive :D. well, I forgot how to restore or re-move program files and users data to Drive : C again, I've searched in the browser but never found the...
  4. I changed the Location of Downloads folder in C drive to F drive and now I cant reset its...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I changed the Location of Downloads folder in C drive to F drive and now I cant reset its...: I changed the location of "downloads from C;Users;_ownername_;Downloads to F drive Right click downloads->properties->location->Move->F drive. Now, I want to change it to the default locationC;Users;_ownername_;Downloads. But i cant do it now. It shows like that in the...
  5. Files name wrong after changing location

Files name wrong after changing location: Hello I need help on my problem. Recently I change all my file location in my PC Such as Documents, Desktop, Downloads,.. etc from C: storage to D: storage. I find it strange because all the files are namely wrong and had the same name. Like, the Desktop and the Download...
  6. Help, i cannot change the iTunes backup files location to the HDD drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, i cannot change the iTunes backup files location to the HDD drive: So i backed up my iphone into my pc but i wanted to change the backup location to the HDD instead of the SSD. I followed this guide; I created a new MobileSync folder and copied the backup to there, then opened cmd and i pasted the command MkLink /J...
  7. Folder And File Locations Changed

Folder And File Locations Changed: I have experienced my folders and files moved to new locations and have problems finding my documents now!! What is going on?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-and-file-locations-changed/d5b0912d-42ca-44fc-be7f-544537539826"
  8. MY LOCATION IS TOTALLY WRONG HELP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MY LOCATION IS TOTALLY WRONG HELP: IN MY SETTING MY LOCATION RIGHT BUT IN MY MICROSOFT ACCT. UNDER FIND MY DEVICE IT IS SHOWING MY LOCATION ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD AND I CANT CHANGE IT WINDOW10 64 BIT AND YES WINDOWS IS UP -TO-DATE I USE CHROME AND IT IS UP-TO-DATE I HAVE ALSO HAD MICROSOFT REMOTE...
  9. Changed locations of my Program Files folders. Can't undo it.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed locations of my Program Files folders. Can't undo it.: I recently got my computer, a gaming desktop, but I didn't quite understand how the drives work. So, unknowingly, I installed games and such to my C: Drive. I didn't realize it didn't have as much space as my last computer, only 111 GB, and I didn't realize I had a D: Drive,...
  10. Change default program files location to drive other than C?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change default program files location to drive other than C?: There is the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion but changing the location in there, doesn't appear to be doing anything. I have a relatively small SSD and I can not install everything to my C drive. I appreciate anyone's help. 13628