Windows 10: HELP my son's computer has been locked for 2 hours

Discus and support HELP my son's computer has been locked for 2 hours in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son has his own windows 10 PC and when we set it up he was the only user and thus the administrator for the machine. However, I was set up to have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JackLonker, Dec 8, 2019.

1. HELP my son's computer has been locked for 2 hours

My son has his own windows 10 PC and when we set it up he was the only user and thus the administrator for the machine. However, I was set up to have family control. I have never had a problem restricting and/or allowing access to screen time until a couple of days ago. I have removed all blocks, we've rebooted all devices and even tried removing him from the family and three times then adding him back, but when he tries to login he gets "Time's up! This device is locked because of your family settings for screen time. You need to ask an adult if you want more time today." He is unable to send a request for more time because "Something went wrong We were unable to send your request. Are you connected to the internet?" (and yes, we are connected to the internet) Clicking "my parent is here" brings up a choice of "Grant more screen time" yes / no. Clicking yes brings up "An error has occurred Since you are an administrator on this device, you'll need to send a request for more screen time." Clicking switch users or turn off PC takes us back to the login page and my son is the only user on the computer. If we click control/alt/delete and go to the task manager from the "Time's up" page, it goes right back to the "Time's up" page. Because we are not able to login to the computer, we are not able to add users, switch administrative privileges to an adult, or run the troubleshooter. SO FRUSTRATING!Any ideas on how to fix this? I ready to throw about the window and suggestions before I go to a Mac?

:)

JackLonker, Dec 8, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

HELP my son's computer has been locked for 2 hours

W10 wiped my son's laptop

Hi Debbie,

It is possible that your son is unable to open his laptop while updating due to a corrupted or incomplete installation. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is your son, getting an error message when he tried to turn on his laptop?
    • When he tried to open his laptop, are you able to check if the power light stays on?
    • Are you seeing black screen/blank screen when you tried to turn on his laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps has your son done so far to resolve it?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing a blank screen/black screen, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

HELP my son's computer has been locked for 2 hours

1. HELP my son's computer has been locked for 2 hours - Similar Threads - HELP son's computer

2. My son's account got hacked and he has been locked out of everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son's account got hacked and he has been locked out of everything.: We got a email saying that his email was removed from him s Microsoft account. I have tried to contact and go through the troubleshoot n times. Now he is locked out of him s PC because his email doesn't exist on his Microsoft account. All his games info everything has totally...
  3. My computer has been locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been locked: My computer has been locked saying that a virus has been detected also saying that somebody has accessed my IP address and potentially is using it for identity fraud is the number one eight eight nine 270786 a legitimate number to call for Microsoft support...
  4. My computer has been locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has been locked: My computer has been locked saying that a virus has been detected also saying that somebody has accessed my IP address and potentially is using it for identity fraud is the number one eight eight nine 270786 a legitimate number to call for Microsoft support...
  5. my sons account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my sons account has been hacked: my sons account has been hacked and they have changed his email so when trying reset the password its telling us that no account with that email. phoning Microsoft the automated message tells us support has moved online following that link and then typing in my sons email...
  6. my sons account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my sons account has been hacked: my sons account has been hacked and they have changed his email so when trying reset the password its telling us that no account with that email. phoning Microsoft the automated message tells us support has moved online following that link and then typing in my sons email...
  7. computer has been locked up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer has been locked up: My computer has been locked up and I've been asked to call an 800 number to unlock it. Can someone assist with this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/computer-has-been-locked-up/ad1707df-7ba3-49aa-b04e-51a652da99b1
  8. This has been going on for about 2 hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This has been going on for about 2 hours.: It's stuck on 20% for about 2 hours. And what is this error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-has-been-going-on-for-about-2-hours/4c76a954-4030-42c3-8ff5-546b08af52aa
  9. My computer has been lock up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer has been lock up: My computer has been lock up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-been-lock-up/e98cc9b5-67a8-450f-8749-c8eb91270555
  10. computer locked(using my son's computer)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    computer locked(using my son's computer): my computer will not work after the update for win 10.all i get is the recycle bin,unable to use the start button to go in and do a recovery..please help...not impressed...