Windows 10: (Help) my task manager says I have 9 tabs of edge open and it is making my Pc slow as hell....

Discus and support (Help) my task manager says I have 9 tabs of edge open and it is making my Pc slow as hell.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CharCoolkent [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CharCoolkent, Mar 30, 2020.

1. (Help) my task manager says I have 9 tabs of edge open and it is making my Pc slow as hell....

/u/CharCoolkent, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Geoff499 Win User

Edge and Task Manager

Hi Jomel,

The proposed solution sounds like re-booting (which I've already tried). I think it's a fundamental problem with Edge. Let me try to explain again.

I do a lot of research using the internet, and often have 20 tabs open to different sites. In the past using IE, when there seemed to be a problem with a slow site, I could open Task Manager, find IE under Apps, click for the detail, and then see each individual
    website tab. I could then take action to close that specific website tab while making a note so I could return in future. The specific website tabs were clearly identified using IE.

With Edge, when I go to Task Manager and Apps, there is no detail on the open website tabs (as you can see yourself if you follow the steps I indicated). If you right-click, you get a list of tabs, all with the description MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe which tells
    you nothing at all about the individual sites. Can you see that when you perform the steps I mention?

I just double checked and this works for IE exactly as before. It's only with Edge that no information is given about the actual webpage tabs that have been opened. How can this be fixed?

Geoff499, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Geoff499 Win User
    Edge and Task Manager

When I have a number of Edge tabs open and the system freezes, I open Task Manager to if I can find which site is not responding. However, with Windows 10, when I open Task Manager, it just shows the Edge app but no details of which websites. If I right-click
    on the Edge app, I get a list of "services", but for the Edge app the list just says MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe for each of the open websites, but there is no mention of the website. This is pretty useless. How can I see the actual websites in Task Manager to know
    which ones I want to close or recover later?

Geoff499, Mar 30, 2020
  4. (Help) my task manager says I have 9 tabs of edge open and it is making my Pc slow as hell....

Edge and Task Manager

Hi,

We understand that you're having issues with Edge and for us to effectively assist you, we need the following information below:

• How many tabs are you opening when this happens?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far in regards to this issue?
    • Does this happen as well when you are using a different browser such as Internet Explorer?

We suggest in clearing the cache of the browser and have it restarted by following the steps on this

link

Just keep us posted, we would be here to help.

Jomel_Santos, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

(Help) my task manager says I have 9 tabs of edge open and it is making my Pc slow as hell....

1. (Help) my task manager says I have 9 tabs of edge open and it is making my Pc slow as hell.... - Similar Threads - Help task manager

2. I have 4 Removal Disks in my Task Manager Performance tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have 4 Removal Disks in my Task Manager Performance tab: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 LTSC Enterprise 2019 to 2021 LTSC Enterprise.After the Upgrade I noticed that there were 4 removable disks in my Task Manager PTab, is this normal?...
  3. I have 4 Removal Disks in my Task Manager Performance tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 4 Removal Disks in my Task Manager Performance tab: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 LTSC Enterprise 2019 to 2021 LTSC Enterprise.After the Upgrade I noticed that there were 4 removable disks in my Task Manager PTab, is this normal?...
  4. I have 4 Removal Disks in my Task Manager Performance tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When I open Task Manager my Disk says it’s at 100%. This is making my computer run very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open Task Manager my Disk says it’s at 100%. This is making my computer run very slow.: I’m not sure what to do about this issue. It’s been happening for a few months at least. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-task-manager-my-disk-says-its-at-100/185d80ab-cab2-44b9-8a05-5042335f2cad
  6. When I open Task Manager my Disk says it’s at 100%. This is making my computer run very slow.

When I open Task Manager my Disk says it’s at 100%. This is making my computer run very slow.: I’m not sure what to do about this issue. It’s been happening for a few months at least. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-task-manager-my-disk-says-its-at-100/185d80ab-cab2-44b9-8a05-5042335f2cad
  7. When I open Task Manager my Disk says it’s at 100%. This is making my computer run very slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Performance tab in Task Manager says i'm using 66 percent of my ram but the User's tab says...

Performance tab in Task Manager says i'm using 66 percent of my ram but the User's tab says...: This has been a problem since before I upgraded to Windows 11 and also happens to my CPU sometimes. I have tried removing the extra 2 gb of ram I added but it still does the same thing.My laptops specs areIntel Core i7 8665U10 GB DDR4 RAM 8GB stick, and 2GB stick256 GB M.2...
  9. Performance tab in Task Manager says i'm using 66 percent of my ram but the User's tab says...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance tab in Task Manager says i'm using 66 percent of my ram but the User's tab says...: This has been a problem since before I upgraded to Windows 11 and also happens to my CPU sometimes. I have tried removing the extra 2 gb of ram I added but it still does the same thing.My laptops specs areIntel Core i7 8665U10 GB DDR4 RAM 8GB stick, and 2GB stick256 GB M.2...
  10. How to make Windows 10 Task Manager open to a Specific Tab

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Windows 10 Task Manager open to a Specific Tab: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Task Manager opens to the Processes tab by default, but you can now set the default tab to open. This is a new feature that has been added in Windows 10 v 1903 May 2019 Update. The Task [...] This post How to make Windows 10 Task Manager open to a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager says more tabs open in edge