Windows 10: Help! My Windows 10 could not update and I don't have the slightest idea why.

Discus and support Help! My Windows 10 could not update and I don't have the slightest idea why. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; NOTE: I may have a lot of issues with my Windows so please bear with me. This isa quite long post as well and I try to detail everything. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by andhikareyhan, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Help! My Windows 10 could not update and I don't have the slightest idea why.

NOTE: I may have a lot of issues with my Windows so please bear with me. This isa quite long post as well and I try to detail everything. Any suggestions or solutions would be very helpful and appreciated. If more details are needed, I am more than happy to elaborate further.

So, I usually don't check for a Windows update because I remember setting it to automatically update should there ever be a newer version of Windows 10 available. One day, upon turning on my HP laptop, I saw a battery alert which most probably is caused by my laptop battery being in a very weak state and I have to change it. This led me to update my BIOS and, while I was at it, try to update some of the HP apps and drivers I have. I remember that I could do this along with a Windows update so I checked it through Settings and this message popped up.

Help! My Windows 10 could not update and I don't have the slightest idea why. b3f0db7b-ad09-4982-ab6f-446e1a954498?upload=true.jpg

INFO: My Windows 10 is a Windows 10 Home Edition, version 1903, OS build 18362.959

Help! My Windows 10 could not update and I don't have the slightest idea why. 56b1e6a9-9c86-41c3-8152-dca7aebec927?upload=true.jpg

Now of course I directly Googled the error online to try to find a solution.

For the "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" problem, I referred to this website: https://pupuweb.medium.com/solved-w...rtant-security-and-quality-fixes-bc66211c4f98, however,I have not tried Solution 3 and 4 from the website as I have no idea what it would do to my laptop. I have backed up all my personal files so if anything happens when I try these fixes I think I should be alright. Please advise me on whether I should do it or not.

For the error code 0x80080005, I also looked up solutions online and I referred to this website: https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-error-0x80080005/. I know that there are a lot of solutions offered from the Windows report website and I haven't tried every single one, but again, I have no idea what it would do to my laptop so I figured I'd try asking here first.

- For their first solution Disable third-party antivirus software, I decided to just temporarily uninstall Avast and AVG. I did read online that there is a problem if I try to update Windows 1903 with Avast and AVG if they are of version 19.5.4444.567 or earlier, but mine was the latest version 20.x.xxxx.xxx, I forgot exactly. Still, after uninstalling, it doesn't seem to be a fix.

- For their second solution, I did run an SFC scan and it showed that it "did not find any integrity violations". For the DISM scan, it just led to another problem at least that's what I think it is because I waited for about 2-3 hours and it's just stuck on 62.3%, and no progress is made. The alternative the website offers is to pick a drive where the Windows 10 ISO is mounted I don't have the slightest clue where but I skipped it.

I tried Windows update troubleshooter to no avail. I am now stuck and I don't know what to do. I found on Google that Windows 1903 would no longer be supported as of December 8, 2020. Will this in any way affect my Windows?

Help! My Windows 10 could not update and I don't have the slightest idea why. f2ba3fca-0c1c-43c3-9fe1-ffa01cab2457?upload=true.jpg

My Windows is genuine and I am afraid if I try something it will be corrupted and I'd have to reinstall it. What should I do? Thank you very much as well for any suggestions, I really appreciate it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

NOTE: A few months back I did run into a malware issue, I don't know if this might be the root cause for all this fuss but I thought it'd be important to mention. I don't think the malware is still on my laptop everything seems to be fine, at least that's what I think.

:)

andhikareyhan, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Valeriu Win User

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    Help! My Windows 10 could not update and I don't have the slightest idea why. [​IMG]

Valeriu, Nov 18, 2020
  3. armym3 Win User
    WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Help! My Windows 10 could not update and I don't have the slightest idea why.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Help! My Windows 10 could not update and I don't have the slightest idea why.

1. Help! My Windows 10 could not update and I don't have the slightest idea why. - Similar Threads - Help update don't

2. Why don't I have audio on my Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't I have audio on my Windows 7: Why don't I have audio on my windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dont-i-have-audio-on-my-windows-7/762a11f0-e0fb-4b30-8a1a-d13c052e9acd
  3. Why don't I have audio on my Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why don't I have audio on my Windows 7: Why don't I have audio on my windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dont-i-have-audio-on-my-windows-7/762a11f0-e0fb-4b30-8a1a-d13c052e9acd
  4. Im having black screens and i have no idea why...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Im having black screens and i have no idea why...: Ive recently updated my drivers, re-installed them, checked my memory and I'm still having issues. I need help!! It usually happens while either playing a video game or editing, but sometimes it even happens while reading or writing something....
  5. Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it...: why does it say this? ive reset group policy but nothing is working. i also have to reach a character requirement so i'm gonna just keep tying....
  6. Could anyone help with this? The screen randomly turned green and I have no idea how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Could anyone help with this? The screen randomly turned green and I have no idea how to fix it.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/celestial_coral [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lpco8y/could_anyone_help_with_this_the_screen_randomly/
  7. Random BlSOD and I have no idea why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BlSOD and I have no idea why: I've got a Dell laptop with windows 10. For the past 2 weeks or so I've had a BSOD problem. I'm doing work and then a random blue screen happens with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error. Then when it restarts I see three lines, one says no bootable device, second one is to go in BIOS...
  8. could i have help

could i have help: I would like to have help with finding a newer CPU that is supported by an Asus P8Z77-M motherboard submitted by /u/The_Mail_Man_110 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgn4ty/could_i_have_help/
  9. My laptop keeps resetting and I have no idea why

My laptop keeps resetting and I have no idea why: Mostly after big updates it would restart and I would come to realize most of the stuff I had downloaded was gone, but not the stuff i paid for. I just want my saved passwords back so even if there’s no way to revert my laptop back to its old shape, i would still appreciate...
  10. Xbox Enforcement - i have no idea why

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Xbox Enforcement - i have no idea why: I used to be on Xbox, like 6 months ago, I haven't played or chatted with anyone on Xbox since, I am on PC now. I am logged into Windows with the same outlook account as my Xbox but the Windows 10 app literally doesn't work for me it crashes so I am unable to chat to or...