Windows 10: Help! My Windows 10 Desktop Has Gone Crazy!

Discus and support Help! My Windows 10 Desktop Has Gone Crazy! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My battery went dead and when I restarted my laptop, my desktop was unrecognizable. So much is wrong I don't know where to start. It seems that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by magicspeller, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Help! My Windows 10 Desktop Has Gone Crazy!

Hi,

My battery went dead and when I restarted my laptop, my desktop was unrecognizable. So much is wrong I don't know where to start.

It seems that by default my Metro menu which I never use is displayed. It displays when I start up and seemingly when I exit any other function. Occasionally I will see other menu layouts, including Start Menu X, which I have installed.

My pinned icons are there on the taskbar, but the up arrow is missing that gives me access to all my other running programs. The maximize and minimize buttons are missing from most windows. They're there in task manager, but Firefox, for example starts in a minimized window and have no way to maximize. I also can't resize it, because the resize handles are missing.

Can anybody tell me what's going on and how I can get back to normal?

Thank you!

:)

magicspeller, Mar 28, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Help! My Windows 10 Desktop Has Gone Crazy!

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Help! My Windows 10 Desktop Has Gone Crazy!

1. Help! My Windows 10 Desktop Has Gone Crazy! - Similar Threads - Help Desktop Has

2. one drive has gone crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    one drive has gone crazy: Hi,2 days ago I saw a dialog "cloud sync error". I simply dismissed the dialog, but since then one drive has been syncing all my files. Many files on my hard drive are being over written by older ones in the cloud. Source files for projects are reverting back to older...
  3. one drive has gone crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    one drive has gone crazy: Hi,2 days ago I saw a dialog "cloud sync error". I simply dismissed the dialog, but since then one drive has been syncing all my files. Many files on my hard drive are being over written by older ones in the cloud. Source files for projects are reverting back to older...
  4. Windows menus gone crazy

Windows menus gone crazy: As found in an older thread, I'm having the same issue as below:E_ZalmaCreated on October 14, 2020Windows menus "going crazy" after some timehttps://youtu.be/80f5EebL8zsAs the video shows, after some time all of the windows menus and appsbesides file explorer and task menager...
  5. Windows 7 gone crazy!

Windows 7 gone crazy!: Hello,Up to around 3 weeks ago, I was enjoying my computer system with good old Windows 7 on it. Playing games, working on docs etc., until one day I turned on the computer to find my desktop completely changed and Windows 7 service pack 2 completely missing.I tried to system...
  6. windows 10 defender gone crazy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 defender gone crazy: I've been scanning my USB using windows defender.the scan was personalised, and suddenly windows defender started two personalised analysis by its own causing that scary sound due to high CPU usage, what the heck is going on? can someone tell me plz, I am using with Windows...
  7. Laptop gone crazy, switching tabs and desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop gone crazy, switching tabs and desktops: Hi guys! I really need help. A week ago my laptop Acer Nitro 5 started acting like crazy. Whenever I work or browse the Internet it suddenly minimises and reopens the window I'm currently on and that happens multiple times in a minute, then it shows the start menu and/or...
  8. Keyboard has gone crazy. Help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard has gone crazy. Help.: Was working the other day. Toshiba laptop. Couldn't log in because the keyboard was typing long blocks of gibberish after hitting one key. Finally got in with onscreen keyboard. Hitting space bar once types "7kp77k7k k7 7k7 7k7 7 7k" Hitting the a key types in...
  9. BSOD: My PC has gone crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: My PC has gone crazy: Win 10 Pro ver: 1909 (Compilation SO 18363.535) Good night. A pleasure to greet you all. About 6 months ago I mounted the PC, everything has gone perfect: Rendering with After Effects, Davinci, etc ... everything perfect. Daily work with Photoshop, stack files, hard...
  10. My desktop has gone haywire!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop has gone haywire!!!!!!!: I just finally updated to Windows 10 Insider Preview 17758.1 (rs5_release), but now, half of my taskbar pinned icons are missing, plus everything on my desktop is labeled with a white piece of paper, except for recycle bin. Anybody please help me? It's an Acer Aspire...