Windows 10: Help my Windows 10 is gone

Discus and support Help my Windows 10 is gone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a laptop it had windows 10 on it then I decided to test out the Enterprise Edition trial but I didn't write down the windows key code down so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by execore, May 16, 2019.

1. execore Win User

Help my Windows 10 is gone

I bought a laptop it had windows 10 on it then I decided to test out the Enterprise Edition trial but I didn't write down the windows key code down so now I can't downgrade back to basic windows 10 & my trial version expires in 11 days, what I tried was factory resetting to my default windows keeping my data but it didn't put back the default windows 10 its still the Enterprise Edition...

So is that normal or do I have to do a full clean reinstall in order to revert back to Windows 10 basic, as its suppose to be hard baked into my Factory Reset on this laptop, why didn't it work, I don't or rather can't place a new windows 10 because it costs 100$ I already had it on my pc its part of the laptop & its model so how do I go about recovering my old windows 10 basic.

None of this was mentioned while upgrading I wish it would had stored my old windows 10 key code info for me, besides that the enterprise edition was misleading it was suppose to be a barebones OS with less cluster but it had the exact same stuff I was wanting off the pc to start with sadly I don't know what to do & don't feel like upgrading for a product that didn't meet my desires or paying for what a already had before hand.

I did back up my product key id but that's pretty much useless with the activation key lame.

:)

execore, May 16, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 16, 2019
  4. Help my Windows 10 is gone

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Help my Windows 10 is gone

1. Help my Windows 10 is gone - Similar Threads - Help gone

2. mediatek completely gone, my internet doesn’t work, any help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mediatek completely gone, my internet doesn’t work, any help?: Many of the fixes involve resetting your wifi driver, minor inconvenience being I don’t have one! I’ve already tried viewing hidden stuff, the mediatek adaptor isn’t there....
  3. mediatek completely gone, my internet doesn’t work, any help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mediatek completely gone, my internet doesn’t work, any help?: Many of the fixes involve resetting your wifi driver, minor inconvenience being I don’t have one! I’ve already tried viewing hidden stuff, the mediatek adaptor isn’t there....
  4. Please can someone help with where the SideBySide registery has gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please can someone help with where the SideBySide registery has gone: HI,I am trying to install a programme and when I click the .exe file it says the following:The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more...
  5. Please can someone help with where the SideBySide registery has gone

Please can someone help with where the SideBySide registery has gone: HI,I am trying to install a programme and when I click the .exe file it says the following:The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more...
  6. Please can someone help with where the SideBySide registery has gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Help, WiFi adapter completely gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, WiFi adapter completely gone: The WiFi option on my laptop disappeared. I used network reset, still gone. Ran some code in terminal, still gone. Reset my laptop, still gone. In device manager under network adapters, my wifi network isn’t there either. When I troubleshooted I quote, it told me “You’re...
  8. Help, WiFi adapter completely gone

Help, WiFi adapter completely gone: The WiFi option on my laptop disappeared. I used network reset, still gone. Ran some code in terminal, still gone. Reset my laptop, still gone. In device manager under network adapters, my wifi network isn’t there either. When I troubleshooted I quote, it told me “You’re...
  9. Screensaver gone missing, help

Screensaver gone missing, help: Hello! I've come across an unusual problem with my Legion 5 Pro running Windows 11 Home. There used to be a screensaver on my PC that resembled Mac's "drift," and it was pre-installed; I didn't download it. However, it has suddenly disappeared. Has anyone else experienced...
  10. Screensaver gone missing, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver gone missing, help: Hello! I've come across an unusual problem with my Legion 5 Pro running Windows 11 Home. There used to be a screensaver on my PC that resembled Mac's "drift," and it was pre-installed; I didn't download it. However, it has suddenly disappeared. Has anyone else experienced...