Windows 10: Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.

Discus and support Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The antimalware executable was using large amounts of my disk on task manager slowing down my pc so I searched online as to how to fix the issue, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NatMan1, May 2, 2021.

1. NatMan1 Win User

Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.

The antimalware executable was using large amounts of my disk on task manager slowing down my pc so I searched online as to how to fix the issue, I came across this discussion.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_10/antimalware...It requires you to change the properties of the windows defender scan scheduler in the task scheduler however it was missing from the task scheduler.all the other tasks are there like the Windows defender Cache Maintenance, Clean-up and Verification.

:)

NatMan1, May 2, 2021
  2. Essie_G Win User

Tasks Scheduler is Missing Windows Defender Tasks

Hi .....Windows Defender is no longer soing regular scans...I went to try add a task but found that Task Scheduler does not have any tasks for Windows Defender. ..I followed all the steps in this post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security-winpc/tasks-scheduler-is-missing-windows-defender-tasks/6881117d-92cd-408a-86d6-16ee15628e88
    without any success

How can I resolve this please

* Moved from Windows 10/Security

Essie_G, May 2, 2021
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Tasks Scheduler is Missing Windows Defender Tasks

We appreciate the information that you have provided. It's possible that the Windows Defender Tasks on the Task Scheduler has been damaged, which is why it's missing. You can schedule a scan in Windows Defender, which will scan your PC at your desired
    time and frequency that you choose. This will replace the Windows Defender Tasks that have been damaged. Here's an article that you can visit to see how to do it:

Schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, May 2, 2021
  4. mwidunn Win User

How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender.

I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I believe that I deleted the whole task (when I thought I was just deleting its properties and triggers).

Is there any way to get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in the list of tasks?

Thanks!

mwidunn, May 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler. - Similar Threads - Help defender scan

2. Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece: My Asus VivoBook is having problems. When nothing is running, the device's fan continues to run. I have tried to do some research and have found that my device is missing one of the tasks in task scheduler, the scheduled scan. I have done: SFC /SCANNOW, DISM ScanHealth,...
  3. Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece: My Asus VivoBook is having problems. When nothing is running, the device's fan continues to run. I have tried to do some research and have found that my device is missing one of the tasks in task scheduler, the scheduled scan. I have done: SFC /SCANNOW, DISM ScanHealth,...
  4. Help with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Task Scheduler: Hi, I can't seem to find a useful tip to help me resolve my problem. For example, I want to trigger an event start specific program with Task Scheduler only when another program is starting or is started. Suppose I have an application which runs at start upa password manager...
  5. Help with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with Task Scheduler: Hi, I can't seem to find a useful tip to help me resolve my problem. For example, I want to trigger an event start specific program with Task Scheduler only when another program is starting or is started. Suppose I have an application which runs at start upa password manager...
  6. Help with Task Schedule

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Task Schedule: Hi, I can't seem to find a useful tip to help me resolve my problem. For example, I want to trigger an event start specific program with Task Scheduler only when another program is starting or is started. Suppose I have an application which runs at start upa password manager...
  7. Help with Task Schedule

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with Task Schedule: Hi, I can't seem to find a useful tip to help me resolve my problem. For example, I want to trigger an event start specific program with Task Scheduler only when another program is starting or is started. Suppose I have an application which runs at start upa password manager...
  8. Task Scheduler Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler Help: I created a one time task that would start at 11:30, and execute a bat file which puts the computer to sleep. It worked, but I can no longer find the task in task scheduler. Was it automatically deleted because this was a one time task? How do I find it? submitted by...
  9. Task Scheduler of Scheduled Scan Applied from SCCM disappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Scheduler of Scheduled Scan Applied from SCCM disappeared: Hello Everyone, We use SCCM to apply a Scheduled Scan full Scan for all clients on every Monday. Previously, we can check the Scheduled Scan in Task Scheduler of clients, but on the recent days, this Scheduled task disappear from the Task Scheduler. As I checked in...
  10. Missing Tasks From Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Tasks From Task Scheduler: Hello Everyone My first post, I hope you will be able to help me Windows 10 x64 latest version. Yesterday I updated Windows 10 to the latest version. I started to set up the task scheduler for Ccleaner to clean my Desktop PC at boot. When I opened Task scheduler there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender scheduled scan missing