Windows 10: HELP! MY WINDOWS UPDATE IS NOT UPDATING :(

Discus and support HELP! MY WINDOWS UPDATE IS NOT UPDATING :( in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. Why is my windows update not updating? I already tried updating it on the hidden administrator account and disabled the avg antivirus free, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tunogkulay, Sep 17, 2018.

1. HELP! MY WINDOWS UPDATE IS NOT UPDATING :(

Hi. Why is my windows update not updating? I already tried updating it on the hidden administrator account and disabled the avg antivirus free, but windows update still shows errors. It is always like this even when i retried it. HELP! MY WINDOWS UPDATE IS NOT UPDATING :( bea5839f-196d-4d3d-b463-8a9db68f1ca9?upload=true.jpg

:)

Tunogkulay, Sep 17, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Hockster Win User
    Windows 7 update help needed

Language packs should be listed in the optional updates section of Windows Update.

As for installing Win 7, it should merely ask for the qualifying media to be inserted to the dvd drive. That's what XP upgrade install discs did when there wasn't a previous OS installed.

Hockster, Sep 17, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

HELP! MY WINDOWS UPDATE IS NOT UPDATING :(

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

HELP! MY WINDOWS UPDATE IS NOT UPDATING :(

1. HELP! MY WINDOWS UPDATE IS NOT UPDATING :( - Similar Threads - HELP UPDATE UPDATING

2. Windows update help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update help: I have a dell laptop and I updated to windows 11 but I realized certain things are appearing on other peoples computer and not on mine such as the volume counter where you can adjust the volume on new computers It is in the middle at the bottom for me it is in the default...
  3. Help my Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help my Windows Update: Salve ho riscontrato dei problemi con windows update e ora quando lo apro mi dice sie rilevato un problema. Prova a riaprire le impostazioni in un secondo momento .. e ho visto un botto di video su Youtube per risolverlo e forse avevo risolto ma sul mio pc su servizi , ce un...
  4. Help my Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help my Windows Update: Salve ho riscontrato dei problemi con windows update e ora quando lo apro mi dice sie rilevato un problema. Prova a riaprire le impostazioni in un secondo momento .. e ho visto un botto di video su Youtube per risolverlo e forse avevo risolto ma sul mio pc su servizi , ce un...
  5. Help my Windows Update

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows Update Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Help: So I have a craptastic little HP Stream 11, with a whole 32 GB of non-upgradable flash on board. Some updates have installed, but Feature Update 20H2 is the main one giving me trouble about installing, among a couple others. After repeated attempts for 2 days, it seemed to...
  7. My windows isnt updating 2020-11 update help.

My windows isnt updating 2020-11 update help.: I have tried couple of times to update but doesnt help. submitted by /u/bruhburger89 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvw2la/my_windows_isnt_updating_202011_update_help/
  8. Windows update help

Windows update help: Whenever I go to update windows it downloads the updates and restarts as all updates usually do but once it’s tried to apply them I always get a black screen and it saying “undoing changes made to your computer”. It’s been like this for a while now but since more games have...
  9. Windows Update help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Update help!: apparently windows won't update for some reason. and it shows me this: "Error encountered: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and...
  10. Help updating my computer?

Help updating my computer?: I have no idea what's going on... Never had this issue before. Imma start by saying I have Windows 10 Pro. Im trying to simply update my pc to the newest cumulative update. This is what I get: 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems...