Windows 10: [Help] NAS+PC not appearing in Network

Discus and support [Help] NAS+PC not appearing in Network in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have this on going issue where my NAS and various PC's connected to my network don't appear in the network explorer. I have fixed this multiple times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brianx87, Nov 15, 2019.

1. [Help] NAS+PC not appearing in Network

I have this on going issue where my NAS and various PC's connected to my network don't appear in the network explorer. I have fixed this multiple times after fresh installs but each time the fix that works varies. I have tried the following fixes and the sharing settings should be set correctly and are identical to my main desktop that currently has full access to everything on my network.

• enabled SMB via Windows Features
    • enabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP
    • Computer Browser services set to Automatic Delayed
    • Function Discovery Provider Host service set to Automatic Delayed
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication service set to Automatic Delayed
    • All devices are on same Homegroup
    • Network has been reset

One thing that isn't working I can't seem to find a fix for is the 'Net View' command is not working but I have already tried the official microsoft fix for this and it does not work.

Can anyone help me please I am very tired of having to fix this issue with every new windows install.

submitted by /u/brianx87
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/brianx87, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Dilip_999 Win User

NAS connected to local network not showing up on some PC's

Like so many, I have multiple PC's on my home network plus NAS, printers etc. Regardless of wired or wireless connection, everything works fine and all networked devices including NAS is visible as it should - except one! This particular PC, shows all
    network devices, except the NAS. From an OS perspective this PC is identical to all other PC's on network and runs latest version of Windows 10 Home. I have tried different methods that some folks suggested, including login in as an admin, on the internet
    but no joy. All other PC's on network, has no issues in reading or writing to NAS.

Can someone help to fix it?

Dilip_999, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Inkedxx Win User

[Help] NAS+PC not appearing in Network

NAS not appearing under Network in File Explorer - Automating the Fix

I have been having issues with my WD MyCloud NAS not showing up under Network on the left navigation pane of File Explorer. I am able to access the NAS by entering the host name (\\WDMYCLOUD) in the address bar in File Explorer. I was able to find a solution that fixes this and makes my NAS appear in Network as expected. The solution involved running Command Prompt as Admin, executing some commands, then restarting the computer.

What I would like to do is automate this process by creating a batch file that will:

1. Open Command Prompt as Admin
    2. Automatically enter specific commands
    3. Close Command Prompt
    4. Restart the computer

The problem is I don't know anything about how to code batch files in order to accomplish this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Inkedxx, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

[Help] NAS+PC not appearing in Network

1. [Help] NAS+PC not appearing in Network - Similar Threads - Help NAS+PC appearing

2. Bridged Networks and SMB on a NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bridged Networks and SMB on a NAS: I have a wireless connection to my router, and a wired ethernet connection to a Synology NAS. I want to bridge the two adapters, so that the NAS is visible for SMB shares on the local network and also has a route to the internet.I have been going round in circles and though...
  3. Network 2 and NAS drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network 2 and NAS drives: I have recently had to install a new router. Windows 10 now indicates that my network is Network 2 and denies me access to my WD NAS drives and their attached USB hard drives. I should be grateful for any advice....
  4. Windows 10, networks and NAS

Windows 10, networks and NAS: Hi All I have two main PCs that I use on a home network, together with QNAPTS431 box. This setup worked reliably for years under Windows 7. Since "upgrading" reluctantly to Win 10 recently I have had nothing but problems. Connections are slow and unreliable, dropping...
  5. NAS on network

NAS on network: Hi guys I have some problem with my windows. In fact i can't see my devices(nas) connected on my network. I only can see my pc. I need your help. I have Bitdefender and i'm connected with cpl box. Thanks...
  6. Network NAS drive

Network NAS drive: I bought a new laptop on Feb 1. It had Windows 10 installed when I got it. I set everything up and installed my personal stuff and set the wifi adapter to "private" in the network and sharing options. Everything was fine. I had direct access to my WD MyCloud NAS storage...
  7. Network NAS Issue

Network NAS Issue: I have a Lacie network drive that I have used on my system for ages and it worked fine. I had to complete a full system rebuild after a drive upgrade and some other issues. Since I've rebuilt the system I'm having trouble with the NAS. What I have is Windows 10 Pro. I...
  8. NAS drives and network

NAS drives and network: Hi All I have a WD EXultra2. I have a laptop (5yr old samsung) running Win10 I have a fairly new PC running Win10 My laptop can see my NAS drive no problem and can access everything on it. My PC has recently decided to not see my NAS drive - no reason that I can...
  9. HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS

HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS: Going to make this short and to the point. I am on windows 10, tried to map my NAS using map network drive but says "Windows cannot access \\Nas102 check spelling or might be problem with your network. Next, I tried to map a specific folder inside Nas102 and it worked!...
  10. NAS not appearing under Network in File Explorer - Automating the Fix

NAS not appearing under Network in File Explorer - Automating the Fix: I have been having issues with my WD MyCloud NAS not showing up under Network on the left navigation pane of File Explorer. I am able to access the NAS by entering the host name (\\WDMYCLOUD) in the address bar in File Explorer. I was able to find a solution that fixes this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot access wdmycloud