Windows 10: Help Needed .. Can not Open Icons

Discus and support Help Needed .. Can not Open Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Help Needed .. Can not Open Icons Had to Restore Laptop as it was only Booting into Safe-mode but since doing the Restore I can not Open any Icon's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LaidlawUk, Jul 13, 2016.

1. LaidlawUk Win User

Help Needed .. Can not Open Icons

Had to Restore Laptop as it was only Booting into Safe-mode but since doing the Restore I can not Open any Icon's inless I "Right Click" to open which is really Annoying, every time I click on them it shows a small Box with a Tick and to Rename them can anybody Help ? .. Pictures below.

Help Needed .. Can not Open Icons [​IMG]

:)

LaidlawUk, Jul 13, 2016

2. printer help needed

X4875 printer connected with USB cable.

Win 10 shows it as a USB disk drive, drive J (with printer icon).

I reinstalled drivers twice, same problem "No Communication with printer".

printer help needed, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Upgrade to 10 and hotmail

Hotmail using same user aname and password as before

help needed badly, Jul 13, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Your double click is too slow.

To run an application or open a file or folder from its shortcut, you double click it. Clicking an shortcut twice slowly selects the name of it letting you to rename shortcut. See the short video below:

[youtube]mx7OY6j5i5I[/youtube]

You can adjust the double click speed, interval between first and second click in mouse properties:

(Click to enlarge.)

5. CountMike New Member
    I believe you have this checked:

It's in Control panel > File explorer options.

CountMike, Jul 14, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Count, that has (should have) nothing to do with the issue. I have for instance always check boxes selected, as can also be seen in the short video in my previous post presenting the difference between a double click and two consecutive clicks.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help Needed .. Can not Open Icons - Similar Threads - Help Needed Open

2. Need Help Can't Open Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help Can't Open Files: Hi,Help apprecaited.I made a mess.I had a folder and it's contents bitlocker encrypted and all was working fine.I had a couple of backups. One on USB and One on D Drive.I had to reinstall fresh system.When I try to copy back content it want allow me, it says I need...
  3. Need some help with some icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help with some icons: [ATTACH] so, recently i customized my desktop using some feature that are inside windows 10 by default, and added custom things by making a background image using some 3D software now what i wanna figure out is, how i do LOCK the icons in place, and no i don't mean make...
  4. I need help identifying this icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help identifying this icon: Hello, I am using Windows 10, and I first noticed a new icon on my taskbar. I clicked on the icon, and it moved to the system tray. When I hover my mouse over the icon, the title of the application doesn't pop-up like the other icons in the system tray. Nothing happens...
  5. Open Office help needed

Open Office help needed: Hi Guys I use a w10 laptop and have always used Apache OO and do docs, spreadsheets so all saved in OO but all of a sudden, they wont open. I have tried to UNinstall it to re install, but even my favorite Revo UNinstaller wont UNinstall it See 2 attachments 174951
  6. need help action center wont open up with icons and...

need help action center wont open up with icons and...: I am trying to put my personal files back onto desktop instead of the windows 10 icons... how can I do that? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-action-center-wont-open-up-with-icons/4848e490-8978-4596-b111-e5cdc6a6550a
  7. Need help changing desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help changing desktop icons: Hey, I’ve been trying to change some icons on my desktop folders for some time but can’t seem to get any luck submitted by /u/michalxm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt0lmu/need_help_changing_desktop_icons/
  8. Help needed distinguishing this icon!

Help needed distinguishing this icon!: okay so i accidentally changed the srt. file icon by opening it with a app i no longer use and i need your help to figure out what it was. i don't know if it was a default but i'd like it back to how i had it. here's a picture example, maybe someone will recognize it. the...
  9. Change Icons Need Help

Change Icons Need Help: How do I change these icons: [img] John 136150
  10. Need Help with Apps not opening

Need Help with Apps not opening: I have a problem in which Google Chrome, Firefox and Steam do not open. In the toolbar the apps are indicated as opened and I hover over it with my mouse and click on it so the page would pop up but it wont. I don't know what to do so please give me some instructions on how...