Windows 10: Help needed - Computer keeps asking for code before password

Discus and support Help needed - Computer keeps asking for code before password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, A month or so ago I had to switch my PC (windows 10 - 64 bit) to safe mode, for the first time ever. when I did for some reason the normal 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/El_Rafiki, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Help needed - Computer keeps asking for code before password

Hi all,

A month or so ago I had to switch my PC (windows 10 - 64 bit) to safe mode, for the first time ever. when I did for some reason the normal 4 digit number login didn't work, I entered it a few times and then just by chance tried my hotmail password, which worked ! However now when I switch my PC on it says

"you've entered your windows password incorrectly too many times, please enter this code" and it gives you a generic code to enter, something like A1B2C3, then takes you to the normal login screen.

Secondly, I'm not sure if this is related, probably not... but lately when I turn my computer on Chrome fires up and starts playing all my tabs again. Which is a pain as sometimes I switch my PC off with a few tabs open on various monitors, but it playing x3 different videos at once is a nightmare!

Hope you can help - and thanks in advance guys.

- UK windows user, since 1995 !

submitted by /u/El_Rafiki
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/El_Rafiki, Feb 1, 2020

2. why does chrome keep asking me to put in a verification code?

Hi,

With 2-Step Verification, you’ll protect your account with both your password and your phone. 2-Step Verification can help keep bad guys out, even if they have your password. So during sign-in, you can choose
    not to use 2-Step Verification again on that particular computer. From then on, that computer will only ask for your password when you sign in.

Turn off 2-Step Verification to avoid the verification pop up.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Dell bios passwords 595B and 2A7B

Did you try the step to clear the password, "To clear the code, type the code you received press and hold the CTRL key and tap ENTER twice"

Can you reply with a picture of the error code? Is the password you need for the BIOS or the HDD? Just asking.

Loves.

LovesFLSun, Feb 1, 2020
  4. alilpup13 Win User

Help needed - Computer keeps asking for code before password

need help getting into my hp envy password and it won't let

I need help getting into a hp envy sleekbook as I forgot my password and I can't access my computer. .and suggestions

alilpup13, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Help needed - Computer keeps asking for code before password

1. Help needed - Computer keeps asking for code before password - Similar Threads - Help needed Computer

2. Wifi keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi keeps asking for password: Wifi keeps asking for password everytime i shut down my computer. Someone in my company took my computer after it didnt connect to company network and did something to connect i dont know what it is. Even though i searched for solutions it didnt work for me....
  3. Wifi keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi keeps asking for password: Wifi keeps asking for password everytime i shut down my computer. Someone in my company took my computer after it didnt connect to company network and did something to connect i dont know what it is. Even though i searched for solutions it didnt work for me....
  4. Forgot Computer Password; need urgent help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot Computer Password; need urgent help: I went through all the steps to reset my password. Im dying here lol… I finally found the bitlocker key code, typed it in and when I hit reset all files it says I dont have enough space !! So now im completely stuck and have no way to get my computer password to reseT. I will...
  5. Forgot Computer Password; need urgent help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Computer Password; need urgent help: I went through all the steps to reset my password. Im dying here lol… I finally found the bitlocker key code, typed it in and when I hit reset all files it says I dont have enough space !! So now im completely stuck and have no way to get my computer password to reseT. I will...
  6. O365 apps keep asking for password and verification code as MFA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    O365 apps keep asking for password and verification code as MFA: Hi MS support I keep getting password prompts followed by MFA authentication several times a day after upgrading windows to 20H2 version. This completely messes up my work day. THIS IS MOST ANNOYING UPDATE EVERRRR!! Even after successfully authenticating I am getting...
  7. Keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keeps asking for password: I had an issue with my password a few months ago and had to change it. Ever since, everything I was automatically signed into with my old password, keeps asking me for my password. All Microsoft related products. It's driving me nuts. I have clicked the "Keep me signed in"...
  8. Computer asks for password

Computer asks for password: Hey i rest my computer and now it asks for a password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/computer-asks-for-password/0f2a89fa-576a-4083-8b0e-fd6f8491875f"
  9. Computer asking for password

Computer asking for password: About 2 months ago I turned on my computer and it was asking for an administrator password. I don't have one so I put it in the too hard basket and kept using my ipad instead. Now I have just turned my laptop on to see if it has the same message but instead in the middle of...
  10. Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Keeps Asking for Password: I use Microsoft Outlook (Office 365 2016) for email and for the past several months, it's been asking for the password for various of my email accounts. After awhile it will accept the password, and everything will be fine until something breaks again and the process...