Windows 10: HELP - NEEDED. conversion of video to .SCR file that plays video for windows 10

Discus and support HELP - NEEDED. conversion of video to .SCR file that plays video for windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi we created a screen saver animated for our company to roll out on their network last year, no issues. After the update Windows 10 and no flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jonathancoull, Jan 22, 2021.

1. HELP - NEEDED. conversion of video to .SCR file that plays video for windows 10

Hi we created a screen saver animated for our company to roll out on their network last year, no issues.

After the update Windows 10 and no flash support this no longer works.

We have tried this option.

https://sourceforge.net/

and have done some more testing using the App and the big draw back is the laptop knows it is playing a .MOV so none of the power settings cut in so in my test the laptop never shut its screens down after 2 hour of screen saver display

Are there any solutions that have worked out their for corporations with similar needs?

thanks.

:)

jonathancoull, Jan 22, 2021
  2. soorajt Win User

Issues with Video Conversion in N95 8GB

I purchased a N95 8 GB yesterday. I have been trying to get the video conversion to work with video manager

The conversion status tab do not go beyond 40% and it hungs there without any error message.

Has anyone faced similiar issues with video.

I used another convertor to convert the AVI file to mp4. But this file could not be played by N95 real player.

Are there any specification for conversion, for the video to play in N95.

Can anyone suggest on the best tool to convert video to MP4 and play in N95 ?

Thanks,

Sooraj

soorajt, Jan 22, 2021
  3. No sound when playing video files on Windows 10

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. When do get the error "this app can't run on this computer"?
    3. Is the sound working fine in Audio files?
    4. What is the make and model number of your computer?

5) What is the format of Video files that you are trying to play? (You may refer to
      File types supported by Windows Media Player).

Meanwhile, download a new video file from the internet and check if the audio is coming from that video file.

Also, copy those video files onto a USB and play them on another computer and check if you are able to hear audio from thos video files.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Fix sound problems in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

HELP - NEEDED. conversion of video to .SCR file that plays video for windows 10

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

HELP - NEEDED. conversion of video to .SCR file that plays video for windows 10

1. HELP - NEEDED. conversion of video to .SCR file that plays video for windows 10 - Similar Threads - HELP NEEDED conversion

2. Video conversion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video conversion: I have many family videos on DVD In the Video TS format. They have become useless in that format won't play on win 10 PC and I need to convert the files so they can be played anywhere.I need help and suggestions as to do this using Video Conversion software. The videos are so...
  3. Video conversion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video conversion: I have many family videos on DVD In the Video TS format. They have become useless in that format won't play on win 10 PC and I need to convert the files so they can be played anywhere.I need help and suggestions as to do this using Video Conversion software. The videos are so...
  4. Video conversion

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. video conversion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video conversion: Any reason why I can no longer download and convert video files on windows 10? Thank you for whoever has any advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-conversion/6750b377-2a8c-47d3-9dd5-10e75a3c51f6
  6. Video and audio files are not playing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video and audio files are not playing on Windows 10: Video and audio file are not playing in Windows 10 I have tried every possible video and audio player the file working for 30 to 40 sec and stops. I am able to online video without any issue and play high end game but these two video and audio files are not playing. Please...
  7. Windows 10 Screensaver (SCR Video format)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Screensaver (SCR Video format): Hello community. I would like to talk about this old fashion that Windows A,K,A Microsoft has not been updated Screensaver option sense "forever". it has always been Photos or 3D graph images as the alternative of screensaver. The idea for user of their computer should...
  8. Playing video .iso files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playing video .iso files in Windows 10: I have Windows 10. How do I mount and play a video .iso file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/playing-video-iso-files-in-windows-10/85958a83-02d7-4828-beee-3756fb53f559
  9. Video not playing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Video not playing in windows 10: I have had a problem viewing videos on my laptop for some time. When I play a video the sound works fine but there is no picture. I have tried opening the videos with several players i.e. power DVD Windows Media Player Quick Time etc. but none work However, if I open one...
  10. videos will not play in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    videos will not play in windows 10: I just upgraded to windows 10 without any installation problems or error massages. However I soon discovered that I am unable to play any videos including any that are on youtube. When I do click on one i get distorted audio, no video playback and IE crashes. I was...