Windows 10: Help needed desperately. Windows lockdown.

Discus and support Help needed desperately. Windows lockdown. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Greetings Redditors, I never thought I'd need help but I'm at the end of my rope. I have a elderly relative with a windows 10 computer who is deathly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shadowwulf-indawoods, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Help needed desperately. Windows lockdown.

Greetings Redditors, I never thought I'd need help but I'm at the end of my rope.

I have a elderly relative with a windows 10 computer who is deathly afraid of "cookies". Somebody managed to get it into his head that he needs to delete everything on his computer especially cookies because they cause all his computing woes.

The result is that weekly, monthly, bimonthly I am fixing something he's deleted from his machine.

I live over an hour away, I had installed the google desktop share and that was great. It still takes him an hour to find it and follow my directions to enable it. And..... He's deleted it yet again......

I'm thinking of putting a folder on desktop, changing the icon to the symbol and putting the link inside that...

My question is, is there a way to prevent him from deleting this folder, and the link inside? Is there a way to turn it on remotely so that he doesn't need to be part of the fix at all?

Once I have it installed I want to stop him from being able to wreck it yet again.

He's got the beginnings of dementia, this is going to get worse and while I love him my patience is going to snap someday.

If you have any suggestions that will help me I'd appreciate if very much.

submitted by /u/shadowwulf-indawoods
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shadowwulf-indawoods, Jan 10, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Computer in lockdown

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

If you are referring to the lock screen, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On the lock screen, click on Ease of access icon next to network connection icon.
    • Click On Screen keyboard.
    • Type the password and check.

I also suggest you to change the language and check.

• On the lock screen, click on language icon next to network connection icon.
    • Click the language to US English.
    • Type the password and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Help needed desperately. Windows lockdown.

Computer in lockdown

I have done all of the troubleshooting steps that you provided and I still can't get Windows to start because it won't accept my password which I know has been entered correctly I know my password Works to get into my Microsoft account on my android phone.
    Previously tried to make a reset password but Windows 10 will not allow it and i had a lot of other problems. Now I can't even restore or do a clean install because it always asks for a password

grannyjudy, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Help needed desperately. Windows lockdown.

1. Help needed desperately. Windows lockdown. - Similar Threads - Help needed desperately

2. Desperately In need of help with this matter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desperately In need of help with this matter.: Hello. My PC has been having a serious issue I've spend the past 2 months searching for solution and couldn't find any solution for this matter at all. My PC severly lags and intterupts my audio making it popping and crackling with mouse lag to the point my whole system...
  3. Desperately In need of help with this matter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desperately In need of help with this matter.: Hello. My PC has been having a serious issue I've spend the past 2 months searching for solution and couldn't find any solution for this matter at all. My PC severly lags and intterupts my audio making it popping and crackling with mouse lag to the point my whole system...
  4. Desperate need for tech help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desperate need for tech help: Hi thank you I have used msword for awhile now, and recently renewed my subscription $99. However, my yahoo acct that I use to sign in for my windows, word, ms acct has been hacked. Not only that, but they changed the recovery email, and phone. i dont think they got into any...
  5. Desperate need for tech help

Desperate need for tech help: Hi thank you I have used msword for awhile now, and recently renewed my subscription $99. However, my yahoo acct that I use to sign in for my windows, word, ms acct has been hacked. Not only that, but they changed the recovery email, and phone. i dont think they got into any...
  6. Desperate need for tech help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I need desperate help!

I need desperate help!: For about a month now, I've been having this insane, annoying and frustrating issue of my keyboard randomly cutting out until either i restart my computer or wait about ten minutes, the keyboard goes out like every 10 mins or so. I'm so drained and i have lost so much time...
  8. I need desperate help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need desperate help!: For about a month now, I've been having this insane, annoying and frustrating issue of my keyboard randomly cutting out until either i restart my computer or wait about ten minutes, the keyboard goes out like every 10 mins or so. I'm so drained and i have lost so much time...
  9. Desperately need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desperately need help: So I was updating some apps here and there on my desktop and when I went to reboot I got this error message thay said "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". Now, I've been trying to access the bios but since I had...
  10. I need desperate help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need desperate help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrrrrrB [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7bnwv/i_need_desperate_help/