Windows 10: Help needed distinguishing this icon!

Discus and support Help needed distinguishing this icon! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; okay so i accidentally changed the srt. file icon by opening it with a app i no longer use and i need your help to figure out what it was. i don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OGskywa1ker, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Help needed distinguishing this icon!

okay so i accidentally changed the srt. file icon by opening it with a app i no longer use and i need your help to figure out what it was. i don't know if it was a default but i'd like it back to how i had it. here's a picture example, maybe someone will recognize it. the icon within the folder is the old srt. i'd appreciate your help.

Help needed distinguishing this icon! 416cfc5d-33e7-4352-aaf7-50e44509e870?upload=true.jpg

:)

OGskywa1ker, Aug 9, 2019

2. Can't get back to the original screen with all icons

Hi Richard,

This issue is quite unclear and too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with your icons. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Did you mean that your desktop icons were not auto-arranged?
    • Is your auto-arrange icons enabled or not?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase questions and concerns in our community.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Help needed distinguishing this icon!

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Help needed distinguishing this icon!

1. Help needed distinguishing this icon! - Similar Threads - Help needed distinguishing

2. Need some help with some icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help with some icons: [ATTACH] so, recently i customized my desktop using some feature that are inside windows 10 by default, and added custom things by making a background image using some 3D software now what i wanna figure out is, how i do LOCK the icons in place, and no i don't mean make...
  3. I need help identifying this icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help identifying this icon: Hello, I am using Windows 10, and I first noticed a new icon on my taskbar. I clicked on the icon, and it moved to the system tray. When I hover my mouse over the icon, the title of the application doesn't pop-up like the other icons in the system tray. Nothing happens...
  4. Not clear to distinguish the holidays on the Canlendar by the font

Not clear to distinguish the holidays on the Canlendar by the font: It is not convenient to distinguish the holidays on the Canlendar by the blue font [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-clear-to-distinguish-the-holidays-on-the/25d25231-84e8-4f70-ab34-981420c94f68
  5. Need visual cue to distinguish between each instance of a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need visual cue to distinguish between each instance of a program: Windows 10 - I have two instances of an application program open at the same time, each in their own window. The application program in this case is Family Tree Maker for Windows, Version 2019. I want to do all my updating to instance A and use instance B as a reference. I...
  6. Need help changing desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help changing desktop icons: Hey, I’ve been trying to change some icons on my desktop folders for some time but can’t seem to get any luck submitted by /u/michalxm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt0lmu/need_help_changing_desktop_icons/
  7. Change Icons Need Help

Change Icons Need Help: How do I change these icons: [img] John 136150
  8. firewall rule to distinguish adapter type?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall rule to distinguish adapter type?: Is there a way for a Windows 10 firewall rule to determine what network adapter is in use? Can it differentiate between Wi-Fi, TAP, Ethernet, etc.? Poking around Windows Firewall for the first time, I don't see any settings related to network adapter, but I wonder if the...
  9. Help Needed .. Can not Open Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Help Needed .. Can not Open Icons: Help Needed .. Can not Open Icons Had to Restore Laptop as it was only Booting into Safe-mode but since doing the Restore I can not Open any Icon's inless I "Right Click" to open which is really Annoying, every time I click on them it shows a small Box with a Tick and to...
  10. Need Help With Creating Icons for Desktop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help With Creating Icons for Desktop Shortcuts: In trying to create desktop shortcuts to websites that have recognizable icons, instead of Microsoft's generic, look-alike ones, I tried to follow this excellent, step-by-step YouTube video which was generously submitted by Edwin, however I got stuck at one point, and don't...