Windows 10: help needed, dual boot when running win10

Discus and support help needed, dual boot when running win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi guys, Ive just bought a new gaming laptop, my first off the shelf pc ever. ive always built my own desktops it came with win8.1, which i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by leviakl, Jun 13, 2015.

1. leviakl Win User

help needed, dual boot when running win10

hi guys,

Ive just bought a new gaming laptop, my first off the shelf pc ever. ive always built my own desktops

it came with win8.1, which i thought was dreadful so i tried to install win7... no such luck, after days searching on the net, i gave up and updated to win10

id like to be able to dual boot win7 with this, while running win10

i guess im getting old....i don't like change *Confused

so any ideas on how to do this?

i have a few win7 discs here
    btw, the lappy is a msi gt80 QD

thanks for reading

:)

leviakl, Jun 13, 2015
  2. LewisAM Win User

Dual Boot Win10 & Win8.1

I setup a dual boot system for Win10 and Win8.1 because I need to run software for a client that is not Win10 compliant. But after the installation of Win10 it says that it is not activated. How do I activate the Win10 system?

LewisAM, Jun 13, 2015
  3. How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Other Versions of Windows, macOS and Linux

Back in the day I updated to Win10 by adding another SSD into my machine and created a dual boot when I "upgraded" from Win7. The other day my Win10 installation when belly up and I had to do a reinstall which has wiped out my dual boot. How do I tell Win10
    that my D:\ is my Win7 installation and crate a dual boot?

BryanDeVries, Jun 13, 2015
  4. CmmTch Win User

CmmTch, Jun 14, 2015
Thema:

1. help needed, dual boot when running win10 - Similar Threads - help needed dual

2. i need help dual booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i need help dual booting: i have been trying to dual boot windows 10 and windows 10 i dont know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-dual-booting/0aef49c9-237c-4845-91d6-710ee0a818b9
  3. i need help dual booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help dual booting: i have been trying to dual boot windows 10 and windows 10 i dont know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-dual-booting/0aef49c9-237c-4845-91d6-710ee0a818b9
  4. i need help dual booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dual boot issue. URGENTLY NEED HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot issue. URGENTLY NEED HELP!!!: I was installing Kali Linux for dual boot and I also have Win 10 on my SSD.While i was installing Kali i just misscliked and encrypted my SSD with Windows 10 on it. Now i can’t boot into system and BIOS don’t see my SSD. Because it’s encrypted.Please I need your help i don’t...
  6. Need help in Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help in Dual Boot: I have a PC with 2 SSD and an NVMe . I have Windows 10 installed on NVMe And have a free SSD and I want to install Linux ( OpenSUSE ) on a free SSD . I want to Setup dual boot on it but I have no idea how to do it and I doubt that it is possible via NVMe and SSD pathway . If...
  7. Revert dual boot/GRUB - help needed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Revert dual boot/GRUB - help needed: Hi. At the outset, I am new to dual boot so it is likely I have made some mistakes here. Please bear with me. I have an Ideapad with preinstalled Windows 10 and UEFI. I installed Ubuntu in a separate partition and installed the boot loader to the EFI partition. All worked...
  8. Help needed, removing/merging dual boot

Help needed, removing/merging dual boot: Hi I have a system with dual boot, as you can see I have 3 partitions on disk 0: vista, win10, and factory image. I have already removed the boot menu in msconfig and set win10 as default, but now I'm faced with the issue that the unwanted partition is the system partition...
  9. Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 dual boot: Hey there I want some help with my dual boot.i have windows 10 and windows xp installed in my laptop and I want to see the boot choice menu before windows 10 load.Now windows 10 is loading first and give me the choice of Os,for that reason if I choose windows xp my laptop...
  10. [Question]Need help fixing Win10 / Vista dual boot

[Question]Need help fixing Win10 / Vista dual boot: I was running Win10 and partitioned off 25gb for Vista because I needed older OS to run some software. Anyhow, now I'm not sure how the hell I boot back to my main partition, because the Vista partition as taken seniority over the main partition. So, Win10 partition is now...