Windows 10: Help needed for working with csv file in powershell

Discus and support Help needed for working with csv file in powershell in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a csv file, I need to extract a few columns from that file and create a csv file with those columns. My csv file is NBN.csv. I tried to extract... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lvgandhi, Aug 19, 2018.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Help needed for working with csv file in powershell

I have a csv file, I need to extract a few columns from that file and create a csv file with those columns. My csv file is NBN.csv. I tried to extract a few columns in new order. I succeeded in that. But out put is not a csv file as shown below.

Help needed for working with csv file in powershell [​IMG]

How to make the out put as csv file. I piped export-csv. It does not help.

:)

lvgandhi, Aug 19, 2018

2. [Help] Log File

Hey all,

Has anyone used the log file with powershell? I am looking to parse the log file but it is not being friendly. I save the log file as an XML and/or CSV but it doesn't really format the data correctly.

jam1239665, Aug 19, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

- this list:

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Help needed for working with csv file in powershell

angryvoucher, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Help needed for working with csv file in powershell

1. Help needed for working with csv file in powershell - Similar Threads - Help needed working

2. Need help with PowerShell virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with PowerShell virus: I have removed the threat by windows defender. But everyday when i turn on the computer, it appears again. Help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-powershell-virus/d2cdf20f-9549-4819-aad0-a71bcd3d58b4
  3. Need help with PowerShell virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with PowerShell virus: I have removed the threat by windows defender. But everyday when i turn on the computer, it appears again. Help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-powershell-virus/d2cdf20f-9549-4819-aad0-a71bcd3d58b4
  4. Need help with PowerShell virus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Create csv file

Create csv file: How do I create a csv file from, my contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-csv-file/5f2fe32c-02eb-4a33-8f07-ff325c25e4a1
  6. exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook

exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook: I have a dell 15-3567 win 10 OS and Outlook 2019 I am trying to exporting contacts from gmail to a csv file on my desktopwhich I have done sucessfully, then importing the .csv file into outlook. to use in outlook E-mail in Outlook 2019 ,when I choose file, open &...
  7. Preview csv file no avaiable

Preview csv file no avaiable: I can't preview csv file on my laptop . This message is "No preview avaiable" I have installed Office 365 64bit , win 10 pro 64 bit. Excel version 16.0.11328.20420 . Anyone can help me ? Thanks...
  8. Powershell script to add a date to each row of a csv.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell script to add a date to each row of a csv.: Hi all, struggling to get a powershell script working so I'm wondering if somebody would be kind enough to help, hopefully it's something simple but my experience with powershell isnt that great although I am learning heaps. I have a simple database (a csv file) called...
  9. sorting columns in CSV file with powershell

sorting columns in CSV file with powershell: I have a csv file with 1600 lines from which top ten lines given below N,EQ,ADANIPORTS,ADANI PORT & SEZ LTD,384.5,385,387.8,375,376.75,792818726.1,2085488,Y, ,40850,452.35,350.45 N,EQ,ASIANPAINT,ASIAN PAINTS LIMITED,1394.75,1395,1411,1385.05,1393.5,1284559258,919355,Y,...
  10. can not find csv file

can not find csv file: I am trying to import my contacts from outlook 2007 to outlook 2016. In order to do this I am instructed to import a comma separated value (CSV) file. But my computer (which is a brand new Dell) doesn't have one. Even my Excel has an extension different than .csv. I was able...