Windows 10: Help Needed: Fortnite is not recognizing input from my Xbox One controller

Discus and support Help Needed: Fortnite is not recognizing input from my Xbox One controller in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just bought a PC and have been attempting to connect to Fornite using my Xbox One controller with a wired connection. The PC picks up my controller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CSheldo27, Apr 26, 2020.

1. CSheldo27 Win User

Help Needed: Fortnite is not recognizing input from my Xbox One controller

I just bought a PC and have been attempting to connect to Fornite using my Xbox One controller with a wired connection. The PC picks up my controller and the controller functions well in other apps and games Xbox Companion. The controller is listed in device manager and I have updated my drivers completely. A hard re-install of the game did not work. I've been attempting to fiddle with settings in the game, but I've had no luck. I found videos of people recommending to turn off "Ignore Gamepad Input" and "Lock Input Method as Mouse" in settings, and both of these are switched to off for me. Could anyone help me out with a solution or possible troubleshooting ideas?

:)

CSheldo27, Apr 26, 2020

2. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Xbox wireless controller not recognized by Windows

Hey there
    Lior100

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for support on this issue trying to connect your new controller. I can see how not being able to get your controller to pair to your PC could be frustrating and disheartening for sure. If you haven't yet, I would
    suggest trying the steps outlined in our
    Xbox wireless controller not recognized by Windows
    article.

When you get a chance, give those steps a shot and let us know if that helped with the situation.

Thanks for reading!

XBF Steven R, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Lior100 Win User

Xbox wireless controller not recognized by Windows

Hello Steven

I am not using the Xbox wireless adapter for Xbox, I am using a Bluetooth adapter. It says on the box of the controller it's to be connected via Bluetooth. In any case, I did most of these steps for the Bluetooth as well, installing, re-installing, rebooting,
    etc.

Thanks,

Lior

Lior100, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Help Needed: Fortnite is not recognizing input from my Xbox One controller - Similar Threads - Help Needed Fortnite

2. Need help with Xbox one controller connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Xbox one controller connecting to PC: My PC can't find my Xbox one controller. I have tried many different methods to fix it. I ran trouble shooter for Bluetooth, I tried uninstalling and resetting the Bluetooth drivers in device manager, and I even looked and checked in services at the device association...
  3. Need help with Xbox one controller connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with Xbox one controller connecting to PC: My PC can't find my Xbox one controller. I have tried many different methods to fix it. I ran trouble shooter for Bluetooth, I tried uninstalling and resetting the Bluetooth drivers in device manager, and I even looked and checked in services at the device association...
  4. XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.: Hello,I have just bought an Xbox controller to play racing games such as F1 22, Asetto Corsa, etc. I tried to connect to the controller on my PC which is a Windows 11 and tried racing games but the car kept going on the left side, so I tried to test this.Here is the...
  5. XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.: Hello,I have just bought an Xbox controller to play racing games such as F1 22, Asetto Corsa, etc. I tried to connect to the controller on my PC which is a Windows 11 and tried racing games but the car kept going on the left side, so I tried to test this.Here is the...
  6. Won't recognize Xbox One controller.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't recognize Xbox One controller.: Me and my friend are trying to play a game together which involves both of us having a controller plugged in, kinda split screen but online. Mine works fine but when my friend plugs his in the white glow won't show up. We're positive it's not the wire or the controllers since...
  7. Xbox one controller on pc with bluetooth... need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller on pc with bluetooth... need help: So we have been using our Xbox controller connected to our pc via Bluetooth for awhile now and all of a sudden it stopped working and won’t reconnect. We updated the software on the controller but it’s still not reconnecting. Any idea what we can do? submitted by...
  8. Xbox One controller recognized, but not transmitting any input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controller recognized, but not transmitting any input: I've had some issues with my xbox one controller of late. I recently reinstalled the Bluetooth drivers for my controller, managed to connect it without a usb adapter for the first time. Then that broke and nearly took my Bluetooth with it. I managed to get it fixed and am now...
  9. Input (input) issue on Xbox One Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Input (input) issue on Xbox One Controller: My Xbox one controller worked fine from purchase until recently. I installed the latest Microsoft windows 10 update and everything was fine. I turned on my computer and my Xbox one controller would not work. I tried Bluetooth and as soon as I held down the o))) my controller...
  10. Xbox one controller not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller not being recognized: So I've moved from Xbox one to PC for gaming and I did so under the impression that Xbox one controllers were supported in games via attachment through micro USB, easy right? Well not so simple, I plugged my Xbox one controller in using my micro usb cable to all of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows xbox controller not recognized fortnite

2. fortnite not recognising controller