Windows 10: Help Needed: Google Drive Grey Cross and Image Preview Issue

Discus and support Help Needed: Google Drive Grey Cross and Image Preview Issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have synced my google drive to my windows 10. I have checked and all the files within the folder have been synced. However, there is a grey cross... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/halvedmoon, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Help Needed: Google Drive Grey Cross and Image Preview Issue

So I have synced my google drive to my windows 10. I have checked and all the files within the folder have been synced. However, there is a grey cross over every single item in the folder and it is affecting the image preview of all jpg, png images, which is frustrating especially when I need to find them for my design projects.

The image preview only works after I opened the image, then close it and refresh that folder. And those that I have manually opened will have the image preview loaded (but still have the grey crosses over them). This, however, only lasts while my laptop is running and all the image previews disappear if I restart my laptop.

Here is a sample screenshot of my folder: https://imgur.com/a/K6z7TOx

Is there a fix to this?

submitted by /u/halvedmoon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/halvedmoon, Jan 23, 2021

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Grey crosses

Hi, Yesterday Microsoft updated my computer and right after that small grey crosses appeared at the bottom left hand side of all my files, can you help it is worrying me, I have Windows 10, thanks.

PaulineBridgewater, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Help Needed: Google Drive Grey Cross and Image Preview Issue

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Help Needed: Google Drive Grey Cross and Image Preview Issue [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Help Needed: Google Drive Grey Cross and Image Preview Issue

1. Help Needed: Google Drive Grey Cross and Image Preview Issue - Similar Threads - Help Needed Google

2. Issue with Image previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Image previews: Hello allI had recently migrated my OS to a new SSD drive, but now I'm suffering from an issue which is irritating me to no end, that being that image previews are not popping up and only being shown as generic icons, that even includes brand new images I've created and even...
  3. Issue with Image previews

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Image previews: Hello allI had recently migrated my OS to a new SSD drive, but now I'm suffering from an issue which is irritating me to no end, that being that image previews are not popping up and only being shown as generic icons, that even includes brand new images I've created and even...
  4. Issue with Image previews

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Grey crosses on document icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Grey crosses on document icons: Hi everyone! Today I wanted to open some old files on my previous laptop. All the files I need seem to have a grey cross on the document icons as you can see on the screenshot. I can not open the files, copy them or send them to another device with WeTransfer. Does anyone...
  6. Files with grey cross

Files with grey cross: I have files with a grey cross and cannot open them. This only happens some of the time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-with-grey-cross/25f4e74e-dd1d-4874-9dac-aa0d40f224c9
  7. Need Help - Image thumb preview not visible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help - Image thumb preview not visible: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vvjoshi27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/it22qg/need_help_image_thumb_preview_not_visible/
  8. One Drive needs to show thumbnail preview of images

One Drive needs to show thumbnail preview of images: Hi Microsoft, Could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ensure that your next Windows 10 update solves the problem of images not being previewed in One Drive folders. As a creative design agency, this is costing us a lot of time, not being able to preview images in file...
  9. Need help with System image recovery issue.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need help with System image recovery issue.: Need help with the System image recovery issue. Can’t do a system image recovery every time I try the screen turn black and It says” signal entering the power saving mode shortly”. After I waited 30 minutes and nothing show up on the screen. It connected to the power adapter....
  10. Need help with System image recovery issue.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help with System image recovery issue.: Need help with System image recovery issue. Can’t do a system image recovery every time I try the screen turn black and It say” signal entering the power saving mode shortly”. After I waited 30 minutes and nothing show up in the screen....